Confessions of a Wrist Watch

Lets Be Together For Life - A Collection Of Chansoo One - Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Confessions of a Wrist Watch

The sun's rays filtered through the window as the birds outside chirped joyfully signaling the beginning of another long day. I stirred in my sleep as the light fell on my eyes, waking me up from my deep slumber. Wait... What time is it actually? Oh! It's time to wake my owner up. 

I started ringing gleefully and heard my owner grumble beside me. 'Wake up Kyungsoo hyung! Wake up!' I wanted to shout at my sleepy owner, but I couldn't. After all, it's not normal for a wrist watch to speak. But hey, I do have feelings you know. Actually all of us do. My friend Samsung Note 3 (Kyungsoo hyung's  phone) even he has feelings. He's very much loud about it but let's not talk about that. 

My owner let out another grumble before switching me off and sitting up on his bed. He stifled a yawn and scratched his head before stretching his arms to remove the residual sleep. He then stood up from the bed and padded his way to bathroom, almost waddling like a penguin. My owner is really cute but please don't say that to him if you want to stay alive. 

Anyways, while he's busy in the toilet doing God knows what, I'll introduce myself. I'm Samsung gear S3, currently 3 years old, given to my owner as a gift by his none other than best friend, Park Chanyeol. I look super fine up close and those who wear me look stylish as hell. I have Dual-core 1GHz CPU, 768MB RAM with 4GB internal memory. I have an internal gps tracker with accelerometer, gyroscope, heart rate sensor, barometer and altimeter plus you can see time and do many other incredible things with me. I'm fabulous but let's not talk about me either because honestly I'm not the protagonist and you all are probably planning to murder the author for her laziness. 

Our story is about these two boys (and of course their pathetic friends) who goes by the name of Park Chanyeol and Do Kyungsoo. These two have been best of friends since their nappy times and had always stuck to each other like glue. They were almost inseparable during their early days but they did grow apart when Kyungsoo entered middle school. It was hard for both of them at first but that quickly changed when Kim Jongdae and Byun Beakhyun entered their life like hurricane. 

Jongdae whined Chanyeol's ears off while Baekhyun annoyed the out of Kyungsoo. It took all of their strength to not murder the two annoying males with bare hands. But no matter what, they couldn't really let go of them. This setting continued for another 2 years before the 4 of them decided to join the same high school. At first everything seemed excellent because heck, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo would be together again but as soon as the 4 of them met outside their high school gate, Kyungsoo realized that it was a really bad choice.

Because as soon as Jongdae and Baekhyun's eyes met, both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol realized that they would have to shut their ears very soon to avoid hearing unnecessary moans. It was like love at first sight for those two. Both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo grimaced at the thought because now they had to stand another couple in their friend circle (one was enough already). Anyways let's not talk about Jongdae and Baekhyun right now because seriously bringing them in would bring in their loud banter and in all honesty, I don't want to ruin my owner's mood first thing in the morning. 

Anyyyyways as I was saying, I’ve been with Kyungsoo hyung for the past 3 years and honestly I haven’t seen an idiot like him. Like really, he’s the biggest idiot out there because seriously, I haven’t, in my 4 years of life, seen such an oblivious person. No, I’m not insulting my owner or anything but seriously if you hear me out, you’d agree the same.

Kyungsoo hyung is an amazing person. I would really agree to that but he’s really oblivious when it comes to his feelings. Like really, he loses his IQ when it is a matter of heart. I’m saying because I know him. See, he’s in love with his best friend, I mean he loves Chanyeol hyung but he’s too dumb to understand that.

Like really, really dumb.

And let’s not even start about Chanyeol hyung. Man..he really makes me frustrated. That man is so whipped for my owner that he even gifted me to Kyungsoo hyung because he said that someone stole his favorite watch. Like really, really whipped. I’m pretty sure that Chanyeol hyung would even get the moon for my owner if he asked about it.

I get so angry at times due to their oblivious affections that I feel like becoming a human and then smacking their heads with a chair because seriously, STOP BEING ING OBLIVIOUS YOU IDIOTS!!!

Anyways, I should shut up now because my owner just got out of the toilet and he’s making his way here and I don’t want to scare my owner in the morning. So I’m taking my leave but you, yes you who is reading this, please continue and don’t judge the author too hard for her stupidity.

^^^

“Kyungsoo!”

“Soo!”

“Do Kyungsoo!!”

“Kyungie!!”

“Kyungsoo – ya!!”

“Kyungsoo – ya!!!!”

“What?!” Kyungsoo finally snapped, surprising the unsuspecting taller male who was sitting beside him and calling him for the umpteenth time.

“Can you please..” Chanyeol started but before he could finish his sentence, the shorter male cut him and replied with a curt ‘no’.

“But you haven’t even heard my request yet Soo!!” Chanyeol whined making the smaller man roll his eyes for the thousand times. If Kyungsoo could gain a penny for every time he rolled his eyes because of Chanyeol, then he would have been a billionaire by now.

“I don’t need to hear it.” Kyungsoo replied without even sparing a glance at the sulking male. “I can already feel that it’s going to be stupid.”

“So mean..” Chanyeol pouted making the smaller man huff with annoyance.

“I think you should help him Soo..” Jongdae commented, munching on his tuna basil sandwich.

“And I think you should shut up and let me do my work” Kyungsoo answered, glaring at Jongdae who just gave him his usual Cheshire smirk.

“Seriously Kyungsoo..just help me out this once..” Chanyeol begged. “I’ll be your slave for the rest of my life…”

“And I don’t want that.” Kyungsoo growled, finally looking up at the sulking male. “It’ll cause me more trouble..”

“Just this once Kyungsoo..Please..At least hear me out first..” Chanyeol pleaded again. “I’ll buy you nachos and movie tickets for a month.. I promise on Toben’s name..”

Kyungsoo’s ear perked at the offer and he looked at Chanyeol thoughtfully. Nachos and movie ticket for a month seems really tempting but this whole deal feels a little fishy. Just what in the world is so important that a miser like Chanyeol is offering him nachos and movie tickets not just for a week but a whole month? Well….since he is getting this kind of opportunity, he should make the best of it right? And if anything goes wrong he can easily blame it on Chanyeol.

“Okay..” Kyungsoo mutters, still rubbing his chin as if he’s thinking about it. “but make it two months plus you have to wash my car every weekend”

“Okay deal.” Chanyeol beamed.

“Now please explain why a miser like you” he started pointing at Chanyeol making the taller male pout again “is willing to spend money on me for a request. It better not be something absurd like last time Park Chanyeol or I swear to god, I’ll strangle you..” Kyungsoo warned with his heart shaped smile causing both Jongdae and Chanyeol to shiver in fear.

Chanyeol nodded, slightly grimacing at the memory of the previous request.

Last time he had asked Kyungsoo to go along with him to spy on his sister and her boyfriend. Everything was fine until the couple decided to go to the Han River for its famous ferry cruise. The two boys were not only awarded as the best couple of the night, but they were also found out by his sister who punished them for spying on her date by making them ran along the perimeter of Han River for 3 times in the middle of the night.

Kyungsoo didn’t talk to him for 3 whole days and all in all it was terrible.

Chanyeol shook his head to forget about the memory and focused his attention back to the smaller male who was eyeing him suspiciously. “Well..You have to pretend that you’re dating me…”

“WHAT?!! ARE YOU ING NUTS PARK CHANYEOL???!!!” Kyungsoo hollered, enraged by the request.

“Calm down! It’s not what you think!” both Chanyeol and Jongdae yelled in unison while clamping the smaller man’s mouth shut.

Kyungsoo struggled in their grip and then finally freed himself by biting hard on Chanyeol’s hand making the taller male groan in pain. “What do you mean it’s not what I think?” Kyungsoo growled in anger. “Why do I have to pretend to date you? This is completely absurd!”

“I know I know..But you only have to pretend in front of Jongin.” Chanyeol stated which in turn made Kyungsoo to raise his eyebrow in question.

“What do you mean that I have to pretend only in front of Jongin?” Kyungsoo questioned, fixing the taller with his steady gaze.

“What we mean by that is you have to pretend to date Yeol only in front Jongin” Jongdae explain. “To make him jealous that’s all.”

“I’m not doing it. I won’t go with this ridiculous idea!” Kyungsoo announced causing the taller male to sulk again.

“Seriously Kyungsoo..Just help him out this once..” Jongdae requested. “Don’t you feel pity when you look at this giant?” He said pointing at Chanyeol who instantly pulled out his best puppy face and stared at Kyungsoo with his pitiful stare.

“If you are so sympathetic towards him why don’t you help him Jongdae..Leave me out of this..” Kyungsoo shot back averting his eyes to not look at the taller male. He knew if he looked at the taller right now, he would melt into a puddle of goo and agree to his whims. Park Chanyeol and his stupid antics.

“You know I can’t..Baekhyun would kill me if he found out.” Jongdae protested and Chanyeol nodded in agreement. “Plus I’m only devoted to my Baekhyunnie..He’s the only one for me~~~”he voiced dreamily making Kyungsoo gag in disgust.

“I’m sorry but my decision is final. Now if you’ll excuse me..” Kyungsoo said as he gathered his stuff to leave.

“You really leave me with no choice Soo..” Chanyeol sighed. “I guess I have to pull out my trump card now..”

“What do you mean?” Kyungsoo asked feeling the dread crawl up his spine. Chanyeol wouldn’t dare to use that would he?

“If you don’t help me out..I’m going tell Oh Sehun that you’re the one who sends him love letters every week and might as well inform him about his instagram stalker...” Chanyeol answered; the evil smirk evident on his lips.

“You wouldn’t dare..” Kyungsoo said with a horrified expression.

“Try me..” Chanyeol replied smugly making Kyungsoo finally succumb to his defeat.

^^^

Kyungsoo cornered the corridor as he sighed for the umpteenth time. Just why on the world did he agree to this? Just why?

He let out another loud sigh as he entered the classroom and made his way to his assigned seat. Curse his stupid heart for having a crush on Sehun. No actually curse Chanyeol for using his weak spot against him.  He let out a small grumble as he pulled out his notebook and stared out of the window.

The autumn was evident with its orange leaves and the woody smell. Kyungsoo took a deep breath and tried to calm his racing mind. There were so many thoughts going inside his head. And all of them were caused due to this one foolish giant, his one and only best friend Park Chanyeol.

Now you see, he adored Chanyeol very much. They’ve been together since childhood and practically known each other for their entire life. And as long as Kyungsoo remembered Chanyeol has always been like this. Too much energy, too many emotions. He’s always been over the top with everything.

An exact opposite of his own boring self.

Which also brings him to another question is why, all of a sudden, his perfect best friend is trying to woo Kim Jongin (who is already half smitten by Chanyeol) by using him?

This whole idea is ridiculous. Kyungsoo can’t understand why anyone in their right mind would get jealous of him? In his view, he can’t do anything. And on top of that, he looks like a penguin that is also an owl half of the time while Jongin is a ing god.

Like really. That kid is a ing god.

Jongin is much taller than him and not to mention he is devilishly handsome too. His tanned skin, his smoldering gaze, his plush lips. Man…if he wasn’t so invested on Sehun, he sure would have crushed hard on that kid. But that’s all talk, don’t believe him. He wouldn’t dare to look at his best friend’s crush.

Anyways speaking of Sehun, he hasn’t seen him for a long time either.

Kyungsoo scanned the classroom once again and saw that the younger male was nowhere. letting out another sigh, he stared out of the window again.

Now Sehun is someone Kyungsoo absolutely passions. That man is so gorgeous and handsome that the first time Kyungsoo’s eyes landed upon him, he was sure that he had found the one. And let’s not even talk about his looks. The first time he saw Sehun, it felt as if the younger has just walked out of a runaway. He looked so tall and his shoulder was so broad that Kyungsoo’s eyes almost bulged out of his socket.

Man..he still remembers it like yesterday.

“Would you mind if I sit here?”

Someone spoke beside him, breaking him from his chain of thoughts. He turned to his side and felt his heart skip a beat. Sehun was sitting right next to him. Kyungsoo’s eyes grew bigger and he instantly flushed red as he nodded shyly, allowing the man to sit next to him.

Kyungsoo side eyed the perfect man and felt his heart skip another beat. His crush, his god damn crush was sitting right next to him! can you believe it? CAN YOU ING BELIEVE IT?? Because he absolutely can’t. and due to that, his whole body is tensing up which is also resulting him to profusely sweat.

“Are you done with your essay hyung?” Sehun asked, making a very wide eyed Kyungsoo turn toward him.

“Almost done with it…” Kyungsoo croaked out, tensing even more.

Sehun nodded and then fished out his phone to play a game or something. Kyungsoo again stared back at the window to calm his frantic heart down. After a minute or two, his calculus professor entered the auditorium and the class started which indeed cleared his brain.

Another 2 hours passed and by that time Kyungsoo was exhausted to his bones. It didn’t matter if was an ace in his class but calculus always seemed to away his last ounce of energy. He stifled a yawn and stretched out his short limbs to remove the sleepiness from his body. From the corner of his eyes, he could see that Sehun was still struggling with his last sum, so he decided to play the knight in shining armor and decided to save his damsel in distress.

“Are you having a trouble?” he asked politely, not trying to offend his crush.

Sehun looked at him with a shy smile and nodded in agreement. Kyungsoo cooed at the younger male inwardly and gently grabbed his notebook to solve the equation. It took him a minute to solve the problem and rectify Sehun’s mistakes. He returned the copy with a timid smile and eyed Sehun who was greatly invested with the sum.

“Wow..I can actually understand this stuff..” said Sehun with surprise evident in his voice.

“You were almost correct but you just misplaced the y-variable and forgot to mention the limit. That’s why the sum seemed to be incorrect.” Kyungsoo explain pointing in his notebook.

“Hyung I swear I don’t do this often but you seriously need to teach me. Or else I won’t pass this semester. Please hyung” Sehun pleaded with his best kittenish face which melted Kyungsoo’s heart in an instant.

“Alright..but I’m a strict teacher you know..” Kyungsoo replied with his heart shaped smile and arranged his stuff as the younger male followed him out of the classroom.

Man he got lucky!

^^^

“Kyungsoo! Hey!”

Kyungsoo groaned as soon as he heard the voice of his best friend calling him. He has just left the auditorium with Sehun with minimum energy and now he has to deal with his giant yoda again. Curse his luck. No curse his beanpole like best friend.

“I heard someone calling you” Sehun said, looking back at the crowded corridor curiously.

“yes. It’s Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo murmured not looking back.

Suddenly he felt two arms wrapping around his middle region and pulling him for warm embrace. He instantly panicked and started struggling. His molester on the other hand squeezed him more tightly causing the smaller man to panic even more. He then decided to use his jujitsu skill and stomped on his molester’s right foot with all his might and locked the man in his deadly headlock.

The man started screaming for help and all of a sudden Kyungsoo realized that it was none other than his yoda best friend Park Chanyeol. His wide eyes grew bigger than they already were and he instantly squatted beside his now panting best friend. He turned to look around and felt horrified because everyone was looking at him with surprise. Even Sehun was gaping at him.

His red face reddened even more but he decided to ignore it. He turned his attention back to the taller male and helped him sit up. He opened his mouth to say something but before he could actually speak, Chanyeol cut him off.

“Are you still angry at me baby? I’m sorry..” Chanyeol fake pouted.

Kyungsoo’s inside cringed at the endearment and he felt like puking. His best friend, the one he’s been together since their nappy time, just called him ‘baby’. Can you ing imagine it?

“What?” he said flabbergasted.

“I know I shouldn’t have kept you awake all night..” Chanyeol faked another sad expression and continued “But please baby..don’t be so angry at me..You’re the only one I have..”

Wait…what the actual is happening right now? Why is Chanyeol calling baby all of a sudden? He stared at the man with his characterized blank face and waited for the taller man to explain this whole situation to him.

Seeing no reaction coming from the taller man, he just stood up and extended his hand to Chanyeol to help him get up. The latter took his hand and stood up, immediately towering over him. Kyungsoo then turned back to Sehun was still standing there with an unreadable gaze.

“I’ll go then.” Sehun announced, grabbing Kyungsoo’s attention. “I’ll meet you tomorrow during lunch hyung and thanks for helping me out once again.”

The younger bowed slightly before sauntering away.

As soon as Sehun turned the corner, Kyungsoo glared at the taller male who was holding a sheepish smile. but before he could utter a single word, Chanyeol held his hand and dragged him towards the side of the corridor. He eyed the taller male suspiciously but the latter didn’t say anything other than smiling at him timidly.

“What are you doing Park?” he muttered, still glaring at the taller male.

“Jongin.”

“What?” Kyungsoo asked again feeling utterly confused.

“Jongin!”

“Hi Chanyeol hyung! Hi Soo hyung!”Jongin’s voice filtered through the air and Kyungsoo turned around to see the tanned male standing there and often glancing at their interlinked hand.

“Hey Jongin” Chanyeo grinned at the said man.

Kyungsoo too smiled at the latter and greeted him.

“I didn’t know you two were..um…together..” he said glancing towards their hands again.

“Oh we just got together recently.” Chanyeol stated. “It’s been a month. Right Soo?”

“Yeah..It’s been a month..” Kyungsoo replied rather awkwardly. This whole situation didn’t sit well with him at all.

“That’s good to know!” Jongin replied, looking rather elated instead of jealous. “I’m happy that you two finally got together. I’ll leave now. Bye bye!!” he waved before walking off to somewhere.

“He looked happy you know..” Kyungsoo whispered. “Are you sure this plan will work?”

“Yes I’m pretty sure Soo!” Chanyeol replied confidently. “It’s just the starting.”

“Well then..Let’s go I’m hungry..” Kyungsoo answered.

“Okay Hungry..What do you wanna eat?” Chanyeol asked with a mischievous glint.

“Bibimbap” Kyungsoo responded happily as they walked towards the cafeteria, completely ignorant of their still interlinked hands.

^^^

2 weeks passed after their first encounter and still there was no apparent progress.

It’s not like they didn’t keep up their act or something. They really did try their best to act like a lovey dovey couple in front of Jongin but no matter how hard they tried, Jongin didn’t seem to feel even an ounce of jealously. He, in reality, was actually very much appreciative of their relationship and often complimented them by saying that they suited each other extremely well.

Seeing no progress, Chanyeol was even more determined to make the younger feel jealous but Kyungsoo on the other hand felt extremely freaked out by this whole situation. Not only had he felt uncomfortable by Chanyeol calling him ‘baby’, ‘sweetheart’ and ‘darling’, he also felt strange seeing how engrossed Chanyeol was becoming with this whole act.

It felt as if they were really dating each other.

And he’s not saying this because he’s supposed to say this. He is stating this because he has a solid reason behind it. As we all know that they’ve been best of friends since their childhood and known each other for their entire life. So what made everything seem extremely weird is that Chanyeol is actually acting like a sweet and caring boyfriend towards him.

He comes to pick him up from his classes, buys him food every day, waits for him when he’s running late and even escorts him back home. Now, he wouldn’t have felt strange if it looked like an act. Everything feels absurd because Chanyeol looks like he’s doing this on his own free will.

And this in particular is driving him nuts because why is he acting this way if he already has someone he likes?

“Hey Soo hyung..How do you solve this one?” Sehun asked, breaking the older male from his trance.

“Huh?”

“This sum..I can’t do it..” Sehun grumbled as he handed the notebook to Kyungsoo.

“Oh this?” Kyungsoo asked taking the copy. He checked the equation and then started solving it. “Here, you have to first integrate it and then differentiate the remaining variables.”

“Alright..” Sehun nodded as he started doing the sum again.

“Pfft..Even I can do it. Are you sure you passed highschool?” Chanyeol mocked as he walked towards them and took a sit beside Kyungsoo.

“What are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asked exasperatedly. He was helping Sehun to get his mind off Chanyeol but looks like the taller has another plans.

“Nothing..Just wanted to spend time with you..” Chanyeol replied nonchalantly, completely ignoring the odd look he was getting from the smaller man.

“Ah..i almost forgot!” Chanyeol yelled startling the other two. “I bought movie tickets..You wanna go?”

“You two have a movie date?” Sehun asked, looking up from his textbook.

“Not really.” Kyungsoo replied shutting up Chanyeol.

“If you guys have a date then you should go. Don’t bother about me..” said Sehun, now sitting up straight and looking at the other two directly.

“What are you all doing?”

All of them faced the owner of the voice and saw Jongin standing there with his playful smile. He walked towards them and quietly sat beside Sehun. He eyed the notes silently and then turned to face them with a happy smile.

“You’re helping Hun right?” Jongin asked to which Kyungsoo replied with nod. He then smiled and said “Thank you hyung or else he would have flunked the class like high school.”

“Hey! I did not fail! I received a C if you remember” Sehun protested.

Kyungsoo stared at the bickering male and felt his heart swell with an unknown affection. They were just like them. They were so similar to him and Chanyeol. The way they bickered and played with each other made him remember his high school days with Chanyeol.

He looked at Chanyeol to see his reaction but his heart fell when he saw the latter scowling.

Oh right! Chanyeol likes Jongin. And the way Jongin was interacting with Sehun would surely make him jealous. He cleared his throat to ease the unfamiliar feeling from his heart and faced Jongin who was smiling fondly at Sehun.

“Hey Jongin…you and Sehun wanna join us for a movie?” he offered and saw how quickly Chanyeol’s face changed from a scowl to his usual grin.

“I won’t be interrupting something right?” Jongin joked and Kyungsoo nodded his head to disagree.

“Well then! Let’s go!!” Chanyeol announced happily as he grabbed Kyungsoo’s hand and started dragging him.

^^^

Kyungsoo has no idea how he ing ended up here.

He seriously has no idea.

They were just supposed to watch the movie and then head back home. But he doesn’t know why he’s sitting in between a scowling Chanyeol and a glaring Sehun. And did he mention the frowning Jongin who was just sitting opposite to them.

Honestly it wasn’t supposed to be like this. They were just enjoying some food after the movie when all of a sudden Sehun touched his lips and wiped off the excess sauce. Now this action was very simple according to Kyungsoo. But according to Chanyeol it was seen as flirting which is how they ended up in this situation.

“Why did you touch him?” Chanyeol growled as he grabbed Kyungsoo and pulled him towards his side.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter