He's acting weird!

My Lover, CEO Kim [OFFICE ROMANCE]

I was still covered with the blanket, although it was already time for me to get ready for work. My heart feels so heavy as the scene of last night keeps playing in my mind. I don't know how to react when I met CEO Kim, but I wonder if he remembered what he did last night.

I get off from the bed and walked to the bathroom lazily, preparing myself to go to work.

 

I arrived at the office ten minutes late, but luckily CEO Kim was not here yet. I just took a seat in my place when I heard footsteps coming closer. I quickly stood up and bowed as CEO Kim walked passed me. Our eyes met but I quickly looked down, and he went into his room without saying a word.

I let out a sigh. I guessed he didn't remember about last night. Somehow, I am glad.

Suddenly, my intercom makes a sound and CEO Kim voice came out from it. I gulped.

 

"Yiseul-sshi, make me a cup of coffee please."

 

"Nae, CEO Kim."

 

My heart started to race as I was making his drink, thinking that I must send this coffee to him. That means I have to meet him! 

As I gathered all my strength, I knocked the door twice and hesitantly walked towards his table. 

 

"Here is your coffee, CEO Kim." 

 

I put a cup of coffee on his table. He didn't even look at me as he was so into his work, checking the documents in the files. I guess he was busy since there are a lot of files next to him.

I waited for a few seconds, but he didn't say anything. I bowed and was about to walk away when he suddenly stopped me.

 

"Who ask you to leave?"

 

I stiffed.

 

"Pull that chair and sit next to me." He instructed while his eyes still on the documents.

 

'What?' I didn't move for a while and that made him lifted up his face, looking at me.

 

"What are you doing? Come here." 

 

"N-Nae!"

 

I quickly pulled a wooden chair and sit next to him. I can smell his perfume clearly and my heart beats quicker than usual. 'He smells so good!'

 

"There is too much work to do, so I need your help to key in the date and the daily statistics from this documents into the computer. Start with the month of July." He instructed.

 

"O-Okay." 

 

He handed me a pile of paperwork before he continued with his works. 

 

I started doing my job, and the room became silent. At first, I can't concentrate on my work. It makes me nervous being here alone with him. After a while, I managed to do my work and got used to it.

One hour had passed. I was so focused on my work and didn't realize that CEO Kim was approaching me. He moved his chair and sat next to me. He leaned forward closer to me, checking my works.

 

"You made a mistake there..."

 

I startled. His face was so close to mine as our cheeks nearly touch.

 

"This one, Yiseul-sshi."

 

His hand moved behind my back and touched the mouse before I could pull my hand away. My heart beats crazily as his hand was on top of my hand, moving the mouse here and there. He was correcting the mistakes I made on the computer, but my eyes were glued to his face. 

His eyebrows are so long!

Suddenly, he turned his face and our nose touched. My eyes widen and I held my breath. He gazed into my eyes deeply without saying a word.

 

What is he doing?

I might die in this state!

 

"C-CEO Kim?"

 

"Uhh, s-sorry." He pulled away and moved to his place, pretending that he was searching for something.

 

I blinked as I frowned, looking at his weird attitudes. 'Is he embarrassed?'

 

"D-Don't make any mistakes like that again, Yoon Yiseul." He warned me.

 

"Nae, CEO Kim!" I nodded and quickly continued with my work. But sometimes I stole a glance at him who was doing his work beside me.

 

I can feel my heart beats whenever he is around me. 

It is common to me now.

.....................

 

"Why it must be raining tonight?" I sighed, looking at the rain pouring heavily as the night turn darker than usual.

 

I should have arrived home at this time, but since the project organized under my company are just around the corner, everyone stayed late to finish their work. 

I sat there alone at the bus stop, hoping there is still a bus at this late hour. 

Suddenly, a car stopped in front of me. I frowned. 

A man walked out from the driver seat and walked towards me with a black umbrella covering him from getting wet. 

My eyes widen.

 

"Yoon Yiseul.."

 

I quickly got up and bowed my head. "C-CEO Kim!"

 

"Get in, I'll send you home." He offered.

 

I lifted my head and our eyes met. He looks calm as always. But, not for me. My heart beats faster every time he is near me.

 

"It's okay, CEO Kim. I'll just take a bus." 

 

"There is no bus in this hour. Let me send you home. I can't let a lady like you wait here alone at night." 

 

I bit my lower lips. His caring and yet gentle side makes me fall for him again. 

Finally, I nodded. 

 

We walked side by side, making our shoulders touch as we shared an umbrella while heading towards the car. He opened the door at the passenger seat for me before he left towards the driver seat.

My heart beats as soon as he drove off. Thinking that only both of us alone in this car makes my heart flustered. I glanced at him. 'He looks so handsome even from the side view.'

His car smells so nice, showing that he is someone with good taste. My eyes examined his car and I caught something shiny hung at the rearview mirror. 

'A pair of couple rings?'

I couldn't have the courage to ask him although my heart really want to know the reasons he has that rings. I tried to not thinking about that, so I closed my eyes for awhile.

 

"Are you sleeping?"

 

His sudden question woke me up.

 

"A-Aniyo. Sorry." I straighten my back and looked in front.

 

"Why would you say sorry?" He chuckled.

 

I glanced at him and without I know, I am smiling too.

 

"Yiseul-sshi, do you have any plan tomorrow?" 

 

"Err, no. Why?"

 

"Good then. I want you to come with to countryside tomorrow."

 

"Ehh?" My eyes widen.

 

"We are going there to meet a client. Are you thinking that-"

 

"No, I'm not!" I quickly denied. I glared at him as his lips stretched to one side. 

 

"But, why me?"

Usually, his workers are in charges to meet clients and sometimes he came along with them.

 

"Why? You don't want to?" He stole a quick glance at me before focused back on the road.

 

"A-Aniyo. I'll come with you since you asked me to..." 

 

He chuckled when he heard my voice changed. "Because I'm your boss?"

 

I nodded. Both of us laughed.

 

"Cute.." 

 

"What did you said?" CEO Kim asked.

 

I was surprised as I realized I just said the word loudly. I covered my mouth with both of my hands, but CEO Kim raised his eyebrows, waiting for me to repeat what I just said. Slowly, I put down my hands.

 

"Err, I think you're c-cute when you laugh, CEO Kim." I confessed. 

 

He chuckled.

 

"But you're much cuter when you're nervous, Yiseul-sshi."

 

I bit my lips. 'What was that?'  My heart feels like jumping out with unexpected words from him. 

He was laughing. I bet he can see my bright red face right now although I'm hoping he is not. 

...............

 

Finally, we arrived in front of my house. Since the rain didn't stop, CEO Kim was about to get out with an umbrella but I quickly stopped him.

 

"It's okay, CEO Kim. You didn't have to walk me to the door." 

 

He turned around. With a frowning face, he said, "No, it's still raining heavily. I can't let you drenched in the rain." 

 

"I can run to the door, so you just stay here." I pushed away my seatbelt and grabbed my sling bag. "Thank you very much, CEO Kim for sending me home. I'll make sure to pay you back, maybe with a meal. See you tomorrow, CEO Kim." I smiled and bowed my head.

Before he could say a word, I opened the door and ran out to my house despite the heavy rain. 

 

-TO BE CONTINUED-