(1/2): The Sehun Paradox

My Precious, Peculiar Prince ( Seho )

 

Short Story 1 (1/2): The Sehun Paradox

 

There are quite a few peculiar quirks to the EXO maknae. Some of which many might know of, while some are ones that only the leader himself has truly experienced firsthand. Some of those quirks have come to earn their own peculiar little nicknames. Take the Sehun Paradox for example; there are certain things Sehun loves doing to Junmyeon that he completely despites having done to himself. Teasing is one of those things, to narrow it down even further. Add the word ‘public’, and you might get an even better idea of where this is headed.

 

It wasn’t a particularly noteworthy day, really. Junmyeon and Sehun had been guests at the talk show Hello Counselor earlier in the day, and seeing as the younger hadn’t been particularly enthusiastic about the schedule itself, Junmyeon had promised to treat him to a meal of his choice later in the day on one condition; that he would behave during filming. It all went by seamlessly, and Sehun had leaned over to murmur his dinner menu of choice against Junmyeon’s ear the very second it was announced that it was finished. He’d decided that they would go to a local grill for samgyeopsal and kimchi stew, (he couldn’t just settle for one main dish, after all).

 

 

Soon enough, they found themselves seated in a booth at opposite sides of one another. The grill dividing the table’s surface in perfect halves. While Junmyeon was busy gushing over just how proud he was of Sehun for putting a seemingly honest effort into their shared schedule, Sehun’s train of thoughts had already moved far beyond a mere talk show shoot. Unbeknownst to Junmyeon, he had some very specific plans for the evening.

 

After a short moment of chitchat between the two, a middle-aged woman came over to take their order. Junmyeon flashed her one of his flawlessly bright grins as he opened the menu to make sure he’d noted the right numbers in his mind.

 

“Yes, we’d like two servings of Samgyeops-“ Junmyeon found himself stopping mid-speech at the unmistakable sensation of something brushing up against his ankle. Something soft. He could practically feel the way Sehun was smirking in contentment as he wound up having to clear his throat.

 

“Actually, we’d like four servings of Samgyeopsal-gui, please-“ he corrected himself with a short nod, directing an apologetic smile at the lady. It wasn’t that having Sehun’s foot brushing against his ankle was too much to bare, oh no; it was the fact that he knew that Sehun would keep going northwards if he weren’t satisfied with the order.

 

While placing small portions of side dishes onto their table, the lady spoke in a warm tone of voice, “Four servings, anything to drink?”

 

Junmyeon turned to look Sehun over quizzically, figuring that he could decide for himself what he’d like to drink. However, Sehun decided to respond by demonstratively pursing his lips, eyes slowly narrowing as he returned the older’s gaze. How could he forget that he’d specifically mentioned two main dishes? For a second, Junmyeon merely stared blankly at him as he raked his mind for possible reasons as to why he was acting up.

 

“Oh- could we please have two portions of kimchi stew as well?” Another apologetic smile was flashed in the direction of the waitress, just that this time around it suddenly turned into a rather stiff grimace. Sehun had decided to brush the wrist of his foot up along the leader’s calf.
 

“Make that two portions of kimchi stew with pork, please-“ he quickly corrected himself, eager to have the order placed as soon as possible as he knew that Sehun’s touch would start getting seriously distracting if he got an excuse to go any further.

 

Sehun’s expression softened with that, a pleased smile curling at the corners of his small lips. He loved the way Junmyeon practically allowed him to toy around with him like this, while knowing that it wasn’t necessarily by choice. Just as Junmyeon knew things about Sehun that some didn’t, Sehun knew a thing or two of his own about his beloved leader. While the maknae didn’t particularly care if he seemed cold to people (whether he knew them or not), the ever so polite leader hated to lose face, or seem rude, in front of strangers. Now, that might not sound like such a unique trait to some, but Sehun knew how to use that to his advantage. He could practically do anything to Junmyeon without facing immediate consequences, as long as he was busy saving face.

 

 

Once the order had been placed and the waitress had walked off to ready their servings, Junmyeong cleared his throat once more. A small huff left Sehun. A huff of victory. The older male turned to glance the cocky looking male over, a brow rising slowly. He wasn’t that impressed by the maknae’s antics. Leaning in to ensure that their conversation remained for their ears, and their ears only, the leader smiled sheepishly as he spoke;

 

“Sweetie.. I thought we both agreed that you’d behave properly today, did we not?”

Tilting his head slowly, Sehun returned the smile with a rather smart one of his own. While he wasn’t under the protection of a supervising stranger, he was still convinced that he’d done nothing wrong;

 

“Actually, we both agreed that I’d behave properly during the talk show, did we not?”

 

As he spoke, his foot found it’s way back to where it had left off, brushing further up to glide along Junmyeon’s inner thigh. He would’ve gone even further, but was immediately stopped by the older’s hand grasping a firm hold of his ankle. Calmly, the older began tracing the protuberant bone of the maknae's ankle with the bud of his thumb, massaging it ever so gently. His round shaped eyes gazing back at Sehun’s sharper ones, wordlessly telling him to step his attitude down a few notches.

 

“Mm… I see, well… There’s plenty of time to quarrel over this later. For now, let’s enjoy our meal, Senshine~”

 

He hadn’t quite decided how he’d go about it yet, but one thing was for certain; once they got back to the dorm, Sehun needed to be reminded that even the most precious of princes has to be taught a lesson every once in a while . . .

 

 

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Author’s Note:

I’d like to dedicate this short story to my two very first subscribers: behnaz76 and fiezakookie94. <3 Thank you, I hope it’s to your liking ^^,
What do you think Sehun's lesson will consist of? :O Please leave a comment!~
Also; I haven't spellchecked this chapter, but hopefully it's not filled to the brim with typos! – Sofie/ZelosCherry