Do Kyungsoo

My Friend Do Kyungsoo

Kai’s POV

Have you ever tried to make a fake scene of someone being possessed? I haven’t too, but my friend Kyungsoo did. He attempted to act like he’s being possessed since many schools said that whenever a student got possessed during class time, the whole school suspends the day to solve the mysterious case that only teachers and random paranormal experts can handle.

His acting though was only laughed at and made him go to the discipline office. It was a ridiculous day actually, but ever since then, Hansel started to act odd.

The usually happy-go-lucky personality he had was gone. His smiling face was replaced by a stoic, almost expressionless face. Even his positive aura was not present anymore. He totally changed to someone I don’t know.

I was worried so I tried talking to him as much as possible. He always shares his thoughts with me, but now, it’s like he doesn’t even know me. I never stopped going together with him. I want to know what’s wrong. I am his best friend after all.

Honestly, he opens up everything about him except the things connected to his family. He never mentions even their names. I was fine about it since I respect his privacy the most.

Things are still near to normal around here until one day, the day that no one expected to happen, even me, occurred. Every scene was still fresh here in my mind.

The goriest, most disgusting nightmarish day I experienced.

It was Monday morning that day, a typical day where students made their way for the flag ceremony, then back to their respective rooms.

Kyungsoo was still in his usual aloof and unreachable self. I greeted him while he just stared at my eyes. His orbs are still blank and lifeless. Our first and second subject teacher finished their time teaching topics. The time ran fast that day for me. Even in our break time, things escalated quickly and we’re back on class again.

Mr. Sooman, our English teacher, was busy on explaining in front when I noticed Kyungsoo started fidgeting in his seat. I thought maybe he’s just not comfortable, not until he started scratching his nape nonstop. I can see irritancy in his face.

Not long after, his simple scratches turn furiously while his teeth are biting hardly over his lips. The bite tightens as blood start to ooze out from his lips and scraped skin. I can see rage in his blank eyes and hear groans from his raspy throat.

I was about to reach him when he shouted. His voice full of agony and the look in his eyes are contained with nothing but sinister. His body started to move from here to there like he’s having an epilepsy.

Pain, that’s what I can feel from him. I really wanted to help him, but something is stopping me. It’s not fear, but instead, guilt and anxiety.

‘Can I really help him? I don’t even know what I should do to help him. I’m his best friend yet I don’t know what to do. I’m too useless and unreliable.’ That’s what going around my train of thoughts as I watch my best friend scream and shout like he’s begging for his life.

Some of the students are laughing, thinking that another joke is happening, while our teacher, the students near us and I are either scared or worried. This is too extent for an act after all.

I stopped the students from laughing while they just give me a look of ridicule. “Are you serious?! It’s just an act, bro. Don’t be such a killjoy!” That’s what they reason out and gritted my teeth at that.

Are you ing out of your minds?! Does this look like an act to you?! My friend’s actions aren’t meant for entertainment, so instead of laughing like a bunch of jackals, why not help me out?!” I spat back harshly.

Every noise in the class was cut when a loud, devious laugh scattered its deafening sound over the room. My face turned pale as I look at the owner of the voice. It was Kyungsoo.

His stoic face was now plastered with evil grin and flaring eyes. His orbs were screaming with anger and darkness. His eyeball turn pure black and huge nerves of red was bulging its presence from the corner of his face. Those pure white teeth are replaced with very sharp ones, so are his nails. It looks like he’s one of those monstrous beasts you read from the book.

The devious laugh suddenly stopped and a demoniac voice spoke, “Like what you’re seeing, everyone? You’re eyes are intriguing me, you know? It makes want to take it out with these hands of mine. Can I?

Many gulped down at his words. I only looked at my best friend with widened eyes. ‘What happened to you, Kyungsoo?’

Nothing much, Kai. Just enjoying the fear I’m receiving from my audiences.” Kyungsoo answered as his deadly eyes met mine. I frowned. “Come on, Kyungsoo. Please, snap out from it. Let’s go back to normal.” I tried to convince him but he just laughed again.

Why? To make fun of me again? To make me suffer more? I’m done with that, Kai. It’s time for me to have fun instead.” His statement was having the mix of anger, amusement and mockery that I flinched at its harshness.

D.O…” I lowered my head as guilt hugs my entire body. ‘So this is the result of my uselessness, huh? I didn’t able to aid my friend and now he’s in the hands of evil. I’m so sorry, Kyungsoo. Please, forgive me.’

I started crying as I think of my friend’s untold pain when he spoke again, “Do not cry for me, Kai. Cry for them. If you can’t take it anymore, close your eyes and never watch.” What he said made me confused.

No matter how sinister his voice is, his last words seemed so calm and caring for me, as if it’s the real Kyungsoo who actually talked to me.

I wanted to ask something when I heard a loud snap. It was like a bone was forcedly broke apart from where it is connected. I’m never a fan of puking, but after seeing what’s in front of me, my guts are kicking everything that’s inside my stomach.

‘D.O … why?’

The snap that I heard was from Kyungsoo and a student. That monstrous fiend just held one of the guy students by his head and shoulder. With brute strength, he twisted the guy’s neck and pulled his head off as if it’s a freaking mannequin piece.

The fiend threw the head in the center of the crowd. Loud screams of fear and tremor from the helpless students was booming the whole room. Even the teacher was trembling as he peed his sorry pants from the terror he saw. The feelings inside me was overwhelming that I can’t think straight anymore. I just stood there frozen.

Before I can react, another horrific thing happened. Kyungsoo grabbed another person by the hair. It was Krystal, a student having the title as your typical basic in class. The poor girl, who’s always spatting hurtful words like a snapping whip, was now whimpering loudly as she begs for her life.

What an amazing surprise?! I thought you don’t know how to cry. But look at you now, sobbing like the you are. HAHAHAHAHA!” The fiend laughed in ridicule and drag Krystal in front of the blackboard.

I gulped as if I can already predict what’s gonna happen next. Again, with brute strength, he raised the girl by her hair. Her short legs are leaving the ground and the gravity around her seemed to be having a problem.

What happened next is unbearable for a weak person’s eyes. Kyungsoo just whipped her around like she’s totally weightless. The force he’s giving and the hard impact of every hit was breaking the girl’s entire body.

First whip, her face was bleeding badly with teeth falling off and outer skin slightly scraped off from the impact. Second and third, limbs to limbs are like broken pieces of fragile glass and some white fragments are even visible at those purpled flesh. Fourth, half of her hair was plucked away from the inhuman force and eyeballs are smashed away with her face already unfamiliar as the housing skull was present in her creepy front.

Fifth, sixth and seventh was sickening as her torn out skin was replaced with guts and muscles instead. How disgusting it is as you see her ribcage peeking out together with her scrambled body organs. The eighth and ninth made you want to look away already. The inhuman form of the girl was so drowned by its vegetable state figure that her lower body finally gave in and dropped off since no more proper connections was keeping those broken bones and flesh intact.

Last whip, the tenth one, was ended as gruesome as the first one as Hansel gave a greater force and threw the girl’s body straight to the ground. The final form of the torment body was near of a grinded meat with every flesh splattered around the room and blood painted messily over the walls.

Most of the students are throwing up while I just watched with widened eyes. ‘Is this a nightmare? The hell itself? Why is this happening?’

It is indeed a nightmare over reality, my friend. A true hell for fun. Anyways, isn’t it ironic? This talk s like a whipping master and now that I tried her method, I can’t even find her face anymore. It’s ridiculous, right?” The creepy voice of the fiend was booming in aggression and amusement as his horrific actions entertains him.

As if he’s still not satisfied, he grabbed two students this time, each is held by the leg.

You know, this two once made me eat rotten foods and now that I thought of it, why not letting them have a taste of their own medicine, right?” With that, Kyungsoo made the two students sat on a chair. He pulled away his hands and aimed it at the students’ stomach with its sharp nails ready to pierce through those mortal flesh.

With a straight jab, the fiend’s hands are stabbed inside the dying students. Its roaming freely in their systems, making the two spit out iron-taste fluid from their mouths. And later, Kyungsoo pulled his hands back, now gripping over a fresh, bloody meat in his crooked fingers. He then smack the flesh onto the students’ mouth, pushing it down as he force-feed them with own lump of flesh and blood.

With pale faces and orbs gone from its eyes going over the pit of nothingness, the two died.

My friend did reminded me to close my eyes if I can’t take in anymore, but no matter how I want to turn away and shut it tight from this gruesome scene, my whole being was already frozen still. Not even a slightest muscle in my body was moving. Nothing is listening to my command, so I was there … watching as each of my classmates, one by one, was dying in the most explicit way anyone can imagine.

Flesh … torn off and crippled like a paper … was lying everywhere with its owners scattered lifelessly. Slash and scratches are visible with each corpses that are still continuously drips red.

Guts are hanging like decorations over the windows and chairs, and our teacher was pinned over the wall up-side-down. Broken steel bars are pierced over his head, arms and legs. To go over the extent of it, a big gash was present over his stomach as his intestines are showing off.

I can’t even calculate how long had passed already over this craze carnage. My mind was in complete blankness as I stare at my friend’s back.

“D.O” That’s the only word I have muttered as I look at him. He’s covered in blood from the every human he mercilessly slaughtered. He stood there with muscles fully flexed and the dark aura was still lingering around him.

He then turn and looked at me. I was not scared at all if you’ll ask me. That time, what’s actually running inside me, was questions of confusions and curiosity. It didn’t took him long enough to understand the look in my eyes as he sighed deeply.

I sold my soul to the evil to become a demon and punish everyone that hurt me. It started with my own flesh and blood, then him … her … everyone in this room. They gave nothing but fake s and dreadful jokes that slowly drove me crazy that I am now. I kept you alive as my witness for this mess … and as the only person I trusted and thought as a true family. Thank you for being my true friend, Kai. Now … take a rest.

I was confused by his last sentence. He took big steps until he’s just a feet away from me. “Be safe … my friend.” As I stare at his dark orbs, one of his hand moved its way for a strong jab over my stomach, knocking me in one go.

My vision slowly faded, and for the last time, I was able to see Kyungsoo as himself … his bright and lively smile … before everything was gone.

Right now, I was moving in life while hiding in darkness … fearing, not my possessed friend, but the society that brought destruction to an innocent being. I am typing this as a warning. “Sanity is what keeps a soul to the light, but if dusts and ashes of igneous pain enveloped the being, darkness of INSANITY is what awaits him in the end.

This is what you’ll receive for hurting him … him who’ll hunt you till you drown in the sea of red … my friend Do Kyungsoo.