Oneshot

In The End

He felt the pain long before the impact came.  He felt it in the squeal of the tires as his driver slammed on the brakes; in the violent jerk of the van as it was t-boned by a car that had hydroplaned two lanes over; in the free fall as their vehicle was pushed through the sidewall and into the air, careening towards the busy highway below.  In those precious few minutes his life flashed before his eyes as he realized he was powerless to stop these events from happening.  Had he told s where he was going?  What he was doing?  Had his kissed his girlfriend goodbye?  No.  He had done none of those things.  He had simply grabbed his phone and left in an attempt to clear his head. 

Little did he know that his best friend had jumped in a car behind him, doing his best to follow him, or that that friend was now watching in horror as his hyung was plunging to certain death.  He did not hear the earth shattering scream from the young man, or see the tears that fell as said man fumbled for his phone, dialing 119 and screaming for help, unable to tell the operator what was happening or even where he was.  

By the time the impact came, he was numb from it all.  He had accepted the life he had lived, and while he had many regrets for things left undone, he was thankful for the experiences he had had.  When the vehicle hit it bounced, several cars having already stopped to try and avoid its path.  On the roll just before it stopped, he was flung from the broke side window and thrown twenty feet through the air before he hit the pavement hard, his body rolling like a tumbleweed across the frozen lanes of traffic.

When he came to someone screaming at him it took him a minute to realize that something was terribly wrong.  He tasted copper in his mouth and his lungs felt wet.  He tried to sit up but unbearable pain ravaged his body as he felt gentle hands guide him back down.

"Don't...don't move, hyung," he heard his brother say.  "Help is on the way."

"I can't..."

He coughed and felt something warm bubble in his throat before turning his head to spit out blood.  He heard his brother try to choke back a sob.

"Hyung," the boy whispered, his tone full of despair.  

"Pray...with me?" he asked his friend.

He felt the boy grab his hand and watched him bow his head.  Closing his eyes he heard the words his brother was saying and he was strangely touched.  Somewhere in the distance he heard the sirens blaring.

"Help is coming, hyung."

"Cold..."

He could feel his life leaving his body and he knew he was not long for this world, but he felt a warm tear fall when he felt a jacket being laid over him.

"Please hold on," the boy above him begged, and he felt warm tears hit his face like rain.

"M sorry..." he managed to say.

"Hyung!"

__________________________________________

He was aware of bright lights and rapid movements, loud voices blaring out orders and...panic everywhere but...he could not be bothered to wake up and find out what was wrong.  He was so warm and comfortable here...wherever he was.  He felt pushing and prodding and heard the lull of a steady beep.  His last memory of the world the sound of an annoying buzz as the monitors attached to him flatlined.

______________________________________

 

POPULAR IDOL KILLED IN TRAGIC ACCIDENT.  CAUSE LINKED TO UNUSUAL RAINS IN THE REGION

In an update to last nights reports, it has been revealed that only one member of the popular idol group Bangtan Sonyeondan was involved in yesterday evenings tragic events.  Park Jimin, 22, seems to have been following his bandmembers car when the accident occurred and served as an eye witness to exactly what transpired.  While it was initially thought that two members were involved it has since been revealed that Jimin slid down the hill to the road below in an effort to be by his hyungs side as he waited for help to arrive.  While response times were impressive, hospital workers say the member suffered from irrepairable internal damage ranging from broken ribs which punctured several organs, a broken back, a shattered hip. and blunt force trauma to the head.  Emergent staff worked tiredly for over an hour to stabilize the patient to no avail.  No arrangements have yet been made but it is expected that memorial services will be private.  Kim Namjoon, better known as Rap Monster. God of Destruction. and leader of BTS was 23.