Beautiful Cruel World

Beautiful Cruel World

 

 

http://www.professionalwomenofputnam.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/dividers.jpg

 

We were able to meet each other through the help of your close friend. The exact time was the first year in middle school.

Me being unimaginable shy the wall you had to vanquish was nothing a person could look down on.

Therefore it was obviously predictable that it would take us at least a whole year to become friends whose presence calmed each other’s souls.

You being so persistent and patient to slowly approach me, made me for the first time in my life experience the feeling of truly existing in another person’s eyes.

Not once in my life did I perceive someone being prepared to sacrifice such a precious amount of time to get to know me. Until then I was only familiar with the usual mode of behavior a normal human would constitute the minute their curious ears greedily feed on disconcerting rumors.
Moreover if they were brave enough to approach my gloomy being they would distance themselves when they notice the fruitless attempt to lead a smooth conversation with my fainthearted self.

Though that is just how the world and society works. If a person is considered an inconvenient deviant then society tells you to ostracize it at once. Since a long time ago I came to realize how cruel sometimes the round blue globe can be to one vulnerable human. How indifferent it grows opposite an individual when it realizes that god created a failure.

This being said it was ineluctable that quickly you would become a vital person in my clouded life whose warmth I would fervently seek for.

Just being able to have you near me was enough to make me forget the harsh life I lead up until I met you and your seemingly immortal support which you offered me almost daily.

Having you talk and care for me made the uncommon blue even violet hue of skin color bearable and forgettable.

For once the pain and the darkness didn’t bother me in the least.

As my entire mind could focus on was you and the bright smile you showered me with diurnally.

You quickly and secretly metamorphosed into the sun I wished to claim for myself.

 

We ran through our exciting middle school life while remaining glued to each other sides. Overcame hardships and developed new significant memories.

Throughout our bodacious journey, never once did the appalling idea of abandon the other part cross our minds. For us two it was self-evident.

 

When the time came to choose our new high school we worked dangerously hard to achieve our goal of entering the same prestigious school. The schoolhouse we of course picked out together.

And to our fortune we both were accepted. Luckily not having to taste the bitterness of separation.

Due to the fact that I saw you daily I only realize the fact that you grew into a remarkable handsome boy, the second the girls started to crowd around you. Shoving me aside like I was a contagious illness.

To quickly did the cute boy who I met become the beau everyone desired.

At first I was unimaginably scared that you might get taken away from me and I would be left in utter darkness once more. The darkness who announced itself my best friend before you walked into my cruel life.

However even though your appearance changed drastically I was relieved to discover that your personality remained the same. Still the loyal and kind male I cherished so deeply.

You were still the same person who turned my cruel world into the current beautiful one.

 

I don’t know how it occurred but throughout our first high school year my cold heart managed to develop the notorious emotion called ’Love’. And due to the perfect character you possessed it was actually foreseeable that sooner or later I would be at your mercy. Even though I used to shake my head when another typical teenage drama decided to air the moment I turned the TV on, I couldn’t prevent myself from going through the same procedure. As just like the undistinguished girl I too fell for the best friend.

The time was in my eyes filled with awkwardness and sadly pain concluded that it needed a new target. Unfortunately I happened to be the chosen one. And therefore I daily underwent mockery and had to pay attention when it decided to demonstrate me that you were out of my league.

Naturally I believed him. For the sole reason that you were palpably popular and the females kept circling around you, did I feel insecure and lost.

Thus unconsciously I started to distance myself from you. With a new contrived mission that included me becoming heir over my emotions and to eradicate the unsightly ones for good.

But you still being the same person I fell for noticed my off behavior immediately. And like mouse and cat, the chase started again.

Though this time you were able to turn my distorted world into a truly magnificent blue globe. As this time the chase concluded with you asking me to be your girlfriend.

Me feeling overrun by you declaration, I couldn’t prevent my feet from carrying me further away from you.

However you having much longer legs caught up to me quickly before caging me in an inescapable embrace. Transferring the addictive heat which I couldn’t live without anymore over to my colder and smaller body. Feeling the safety only your arms were able to offer and hearing your slightly speeded heart rate I finally found the needed strength to reciprocate your confession feebly but comprehensibly.

 

The next few years are in my eyes not possible to put in words. Of course there were occasions where we quarreled. After all there were no relationships without their ups and downs.

Though the memories that are filled with lovely events were able to put the negative ones in a giant black hole. Forcing it to reflect and perceive its shameless behavior.

We composed a happy couple that soon was bound by the bond of matrimony. Just like the stereotypical women it was one or even the best day of my life.

However I was painfully naïve to have thought that my life would remain that peaceful and perfect…

 

As right now I am standing in the graveyard in front of one of the many tombstone the cemetery had to present. Albeit the one emerging from the cold soil that jostled itself in the middle of my visual angel, was special.

 

Why was that the case? For the sole reason that engraved in the ominous hard material stood your familiar name: Kim Taehyung. Along with the bold written lifespan which conveyed to every person that it was officially over.

 

Yes the sad and cruel truth crashed down on me and eradicated the beautiful life I shamelessly took for granted.

My light and at the same time life got taken away through a crazed action executed by a 17 year old boy. Just like many other families I have lost a precious person in the act. Just like everyone else I am standing in front of a lifeless natural product and am grieving.

Symbols after symbols of sadness keep oozing out of my swollen eyes that surely won’t be able to lead me through a trivial day. Not a single sound emitting by my silhouette. And not a single movement performed by it.

Just remaining frozen to the ground and losing an unimaginable amount of liquid.

 

The world was way too cruel.

 

Not caring about my emotional condition, it just ripped the light out of my world. Carelessly and mercilessly disseizing the human that held my heart and inexorably leaving a shallow bleeding shell behind. Not concerned about asking for my consent or at least to return my life giving organ.

Due to the still and seemingly only flawlessly working part of my body called brain, was I able to realize that I won’t be able to enjoy a life that included you anymore. It infallibly decoded the news of your demise and made me fall into a state of utter desperation.

How I wished to just disappear from this cruel world that dominated my daily life since the moment I perceived the fact that you no longer linger in this dimension. How I sought for my sun and the warmth I got devoid from.

 

“Hey Taehyung? Can I return to your side?”

 

Gracefully and quietly I composed a sentence that accumulated all my pent up desire. Letting it slip through my chapped lips and forcing it to flow with the breeze.

However what surprised me was the sudden warm wind swirling around my belly and the sudden sunlight which shone kindly and softly on my stomach.

The moment I deciphered the strange action of nature, was the second I wanted to bestow my embarrassing being a deservedly slap. How could I let myself almost fall into the darkness Taehyung worked so hard on to eradicate from my dictionary. It was like I didn’t appreciate his effort.

There was no need to let trepidation and isolation dominate my life any longer. As after all Taehyung didn’t leave me alone. He never had and never will.

 

Lovingly with new found strength, I lifted my cold hand upwards before placing it lightly on my still flat stomach. Delicately over the thin fabric that kept the body part behind it warm.

Throughout the action did I sense the warm wind mimicking my motherly action.

 

That is right. My light still existed.

Growing slowly and strongly in me.

 

Soon that still quiet globe of warmth will turn my life into the beautiful one its father was able to show me. It will be able to daily conjure a true smile on my face. Just like Taehyung has always been able to do.

I felt a bright smile manifesting itself on my tear streaked face before a sentence was voiced that made the warm wind finally steer its direction upwards to the bright sky.

 

“I am alright now Taehyung. Thank you so much for the last present you left me with.”

 

 

This world is cruel,

But it’s also very beautiful

 

 


I don’t know why this Oneshot was deleted. So I updated it again.