final.

The Tale Of How I Got My Tail

I couldn’t take the repeated sighs Taehyung kept sounding around the apartment. I look over from my phone after trying to ignore them for ten minutes. “What do you want?”

He looks over at me and pouts. “Do you hear that?” he asks. I shake my head. “All I hear is you being a pain in the and sighing for no reason. PS, stop that!” 

Taehyung groans in frustration. “No! I hear nothing. I hear an absence…” he says, lingering on the word ‘absence’. I put down my phone and walk over to him. 

“No! We’ve already talked about this, no animals! No cats, dogs, whatever! If it’s not human, I’m not spending extra money and time to take care of it!” I scold. We’ve been having this debate for weeks and Tae was still being relentless.

“Please!” he begs, “I’ll pay for him and take care of him! I just want a little dog to love and play with!” 

“You have me!” I defend, getting on my knees and giving him puppy eyes.

“Well you don’t do any new tricks and you’re grumpy half the time,” he replied sassily, turning his head. “Ouch,” I reply, clutching my chest where my heart is.

I stand up and head to the door. “I’m not doing this argument! Get it through your head, I’m going to get food,” I say, and storm out the door. I love Tae, but he was so pushy! We were busy with our lives and the last thing I wanted to worry about was some little dog running around and making a mess of the place!

I’m walking briskly down the street lost in my thoughts when I bump into a woman. I barely notice and keep walking until she calls after me.

“Young man! You’re so rude, you didn’t even apologize!” she calls angrily.

I turn around and face her, walking a few steps back towards her direction. “I’m sorry, ma’am, I’m just in a bad mood and lost in my thoughts,” I apologize.

“What are you so mad about?” she asks, anger slowly dissipating. “My boyfriend keeps pestering me to get a stupid dog and won’t listen when I say no! They’re annoying pests that take up extra money and time, we don’t need one!” I say, arguing my point before she could even be on his side.

She shakes her head and frowns. “You have no idea how loving dogs can be! They’re just as bit as smart and loving as you are, they need loving people like your boyfriend.”

I shake my head. “Okay, sure,” I scoff and begin to walk away. The woman runs up behind me and touches my arm when I feel dizzy and blackout.

~~~
I wake up on the ground. What happened? I go to rub my eyes when I scream-or bark should I say. Where are my hands? I look at a stubby white paw in front of me. I stand and find myself barely inches off the ground. I growl to myself; couldn’t I at least be a big manly dog? Nooo, I’m this little ankle-biting thing! 

I walk over to a puddle and look at my reflection and bark in horror. I’m a little white and tan Corgi. What the hell? 

I think back to before I out. I was talking to that lady about not wanting a dog and out when she touched me! Was she magic? I guess so…

My thoughts run wild. What was I going to do? I think for a moment and decide to run home. At least Tae would let me in and I could try to communicate with him.

I run as fast as my little legs can carry me but I have to take breaks now and then. It didn’t help that I had to fight the urge to chase cars and squirrels... Gosh, being a dog was so stupid!

I finally get back to our apartment building when I sneak behind a couple coming in. I run quickly and head up tot he flights of stairs. After going as fast as my little body could handle, I run down the hallway to our apartment. How was I going to get in? I didn’t want to bark and get the attention of someone else, so I had to be more subtle.

I start scratching at the door and whine quietly. A few moments later the door opens and I see Taehyung looking down at me. I can’t help but yelp with relief! His smile is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen when he looks down at me. He lets out a squeal and picks me up. 

“Ohmygod you’re so cuuuuute!!” he says like a child, kissing my head repeatedly. I squirm in his grasp, was this necessary? 

He sits on the couch with me and pets me while trying to look for a tag. “Who are you? If you don’t have a family, you can stay here! Jungkook will just have to deal,” he says.

“I’m Jungkook!” I bark, but he cannot understand me! This is so frustrating! I see Tae’s school papers and a pen on the table and I get an idea. I leap for the table and grab the pen in my mouth. I start to try and write when Taehyung scoops me up and takes the pen away. I growl at him but it doesn’t persuade him. 

“No! You can’t eat that puppy! If I get to keep you, I have to teach you to behave so that Jungkook will let you stay…” he says, a sadness lingering. I look down, feeling bad. Did he care that much about getting a dog?

I decided right then and there that if he was going to treat a dog right and train it, I’d let him get one. I had to take things one step at a time though, I had to become human! For now, I let Taehyung play with me. And watch TV.

The hours seemed to fly and I saw that he kept calling me. Where was my phone? I stand still and suddenly my ear twitches in the direction of the chair I was in before I left. I hear the vibrations by the chair. I hop off of Tae’s lap and ran to the chair. “There’s my phone!!” I say or rather bark to Taehyung’s ears. 

He looks at me and listens, and doesn't seem to hear it. I bark again until he comes closer to the chair and finally hears the muffled vibrations. He picks it up and sighs. “Well, I guess calling him isn't going to do me much good, now is it, pup?” I shook my head. He giggles at me and picks me up, bringing me back to the couch. I can’t help but cuddle up to him. Why don’t I let him do this to me in my human form? I remember he used to but I used to shrug him off a lot. 

The thought bothers me and I decide that I’ll let Tae be more affectionate with me when I go back to my human form. After cuddling for a while, Tae is fast asleep. I hear his steady breath and heart and soon I’m lulled to sleep.

~~~

“How did you get here? Where’s the puppy!?” Tae cries, waking me from my nap. He stands up and I fall off the couch. I go to stand up and realize I’m looking down at my hands-my human hands! I shout and dance around, happy to be back in my own body.

“Tae, I’m not a dog anymore!” I cry. He looks at me with confusion. “What do you mean?”

With that question, I tell him the whole story. It’s hard to convince him but he’s swayed with the moments I spent with him alone because there was no way I could have known. He hugs me tight.

“You were such a cute puppy, but I’d miss the real you too much,” he admits. I hug him back tight.

“I’m sorry, Tae. You’re right, you can take care of a dog. If you want, as long as you take care of him and pay for what he needs, let’s go adopt a puppy from the shelter.” I say.

He looks at me and tears brim his eyes. “You really mean it?” he asks. I nod my head and he pulls me into a rib-crushing hug. “Thank you!!!!” He squeals like a child.

With that, we leave and go to the local animal shelter and adopt the newest member of our family, Chopa.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Hello! Yeah, this story idea died almost two years ago, I'm sorry! The idea was cute and I made this and then never actually took the time to write it! As I'm going through trying to be more active writing again, I saw this and was like 'i should write that'

here you are, sorry if it's not super great! This is what it's going to be for now, down the road i might edit or rewrite it, but this was the basic gist of the plot that I wanted for just a light fluffy story :P

enjoy!

~Rin