All's Well That Ends Well

All's Well That Ends Well
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihoon lays on his sofa all by himself. It has been his routine for the past few days, spending his time alone without the presence of his beloved. As he closes his eyes, his mind wanders to the incident that took place 4 days ago; Jihoon blamed it on the lack of caffeine and the pressure he's been under for that but he knows deep inside that it's just a pathetic excuse to make himself feel better. To make himself feel less guilty.

 

 

 

Soonyoung was just being his usual angelic self ,that comes to take care of Jihoon because he knows the younger is bad at it, despite his own worsening dark circle and exhaustion and maybe he can score a small break date with the small producer but Jihoon just need to be an that day.

“Ay Woozi, your man has come,” Soonyoung announces his arrival and to his luck, Jihoon isn't in his headphone so he heard him loud and clear.

“What do you want, Soonyoung.” The tone was cold as he moves around and clicks on his mouse.

“I want you to take a break,” he says with a firm tone but there's a playful smile on his lip. Yet Jihoon isn't feeling it today.

“I'm busy. I'll take one later.”

“You are ALWAYS busy and you won't, I know you. Now get your here, Jihoon. I'm asking nicely.”

Is it the way that Soonyoung talk or what Jihoon is not sure but he feels irked. “Shut the up, Soonyoung. Go away.”

“Not happening,” Soonyoung mumbles, unaffected by the profanity Jihoon uses but his smile did falters just the slightest bit. “Come on, Ji. I know you haven't eaten. Can't you at least do it for me?”

Silence is all Soonyoung got as Jihoon puts on his headphone to block him out.

Even though this happens pretty often, maybe today Soonyoung is just tad bit more sensitive so.. ouch.

He isn't giving up, though. He approaches him from behind and pries the device off the younger’s ears. “Babe, please?”

Jihoon’s eyes narrowed as he glares at his lover, “Soonyoung, don't bother me now. Please.” He makes sure to emphasizes on the last word so that maybe he can get his point across.

“But-”

“For ’s sake, Soonyoung. Which part of ‘don't bother me’ do you not understand!?” He snaps finally, hands slamming his table.

And that was harsh. Like really harsh, Soonyoung is shocked for a brief minute before a frown makes its way to his face and he feels anger bubbling up. He's just trying to look out for Jihoon, should he be treated this way?

“Don't bother me, you say?” Soonyoung starts with a scoff, “I was just trying to be a good boyfriend and all. Trying to care for your health, your well being and a harsh ‘don't bother me’ is all I got? Wow, Jihoon. Just wow.”

The hurt hidden behind those words pull Jihoon back to reality and - he knows he has messed up real bad this time. - “Soonyoung, please. Not now.”

Soonyoung laughs. Not the usual bright, gleeful laugh he always laughed this one is low, filled with anger? And disappointment but mostly, hurt.

“Of course. When do you ever got the time? No one can ever bother you when you're working on your precious music.” He continues, his laughs dying down to a chuckle, “Not even your so called boyfriend.” Soonyoung makes sure to spell the word ‘boyfriend’ clearly.

“Soonyoung, please!” Jihoon demands, unconsciously raising the volume of his voice.

“And you're yelling on me now? I should be the one yelling, the one getting angry here.” Soonyoung says in matter of factly.

Seeming to realize another mistake of his, Jihoon panics, “Soonyoung I-”

“Fine. Be it your way then! As you wish, I'm not going to bother you anymore. You prefer it that way right? Later then, Jihoon.” Those were Soonyoung’s last words before he storms off, ignoring the holler of his name.

And just like that, Jihoon is left alone with the cooled down americano Soonyoung has brought for him, regretting his words and actions.

 

 

It has been 3 days since.

Usually, Soonyoung would have given in by now, would have apologized by now. But not this time and Jihoon thinks he's got the right to do that because they both know Soonyoung isn't at fault this time; It's Jihoon and he himself is fully aware.

He was stupid and he realizes.

Now not only he lose Soonyoung’s company he also ends up wasting his time because since their fight he hasn't been able to work properly. But Jihoon thinks it's better that way? If he is able to work properly than he would hate himself very much because that'd mean his fight with Soonyoung doesn't affect him greatly.

Back to the matter on hands, Jihoon really needs to settle things as quick as possible and for starters, guess he should go back to the dorm and get cleaned up properly first and sure that's what he does; of course not before asking whether Soonyoung is home or not.

‘He's at the practice room’ Comes the reply from Seungcheol and Jihoon packs up his stuff to finally head home.

 

All freshened up and changed to new pair of clothes, Jihoon leaves the dorm yet again.

“Where are you going?” Jisoo’s gentle voice makes him pauses his movement for a second before resuming putting on his shoes.

“I'm going back to the company.”

“To see Soonyoung?”

Jihoon nods and he watches as a soft smile grazes his lips then a hand is felt atop his head, ruffling his black locks. “I see, good luck.”

“Thanks, I'll really need it,” Jihoon mimics the expression and he gives Jisoo a small hug before exiting the dorm. “I'm going, hyung.”

“Don't be home too late, okay? Take care, Jihoonie.”

 

Jihoon decides to stop by the cafe to get Soonyoung’s favourite bubble tea and lava cake. While at it, he asked for a post it and quickly scribbled on it before leaving with his orders.

 

Walking back inside the familiar building, Jihoon takes the stair down to reach the basement floor where the practice room is and almost immediately, the loud music welcomes him. Jihoon continues his walk and the closer he gets, the louder the song along with the thumping of his heart becomes.

And when he's only three steps away, Jihoon thinks back to their relationship. So far, this is the longest the two of has been apart and it'd be a total bull to say that during this past days, his insecurities hasn't been haunting him; the thought of Soonyoung breaking things up with him because this is not working, scared him to death. But if it really comes to it in the end, Jihoon guesses he'll need to accept reality. Being together with him, Soonyoung must have suffered a lot, put up a lot with his selfishness and stubbornness. It's totally not his fault if he's had enough of him. Because Jihoon is not the only man in the world, there's plenty out there which is much more cuter, more beautiful, livelier, more affectionate than Jihoon can be.

Jihoon shakes his head to get rid of the thoughts, no, he's not going to chicken out. So he inhales deeply and braced himself then take those leftover 3 steps.Soon he is in front of the door that separates him and his lover.

Jihoon notices that the door isn't fully closed, so to be safe he decides to peek first. There he is, his one and only boyfriend in his glory, body moving to the beat powerfully yet still graceful. Jihoon feels his time stops as he stares at the dancer, breath leaving his being. He stayed still and amidst his staring, the moment where their eyes met on the mirror catches him off guard. But that feeling when Soonyoung averts his gaze, clearly ignoring him and continue to dance… Jihoon can't describe it.

It hurts. He feels suffocated.

It hurts. He could almost feel the ache physically.

It hurts. Is this how Soonyoung always feel?

It hurts. It just hurts, so, so much.

It's painful.

 

Jihoon feels the welling tears blurring his vision and he crouches down, pushing in the snack he had bought inside the room and he runs, all the way until he reaches their dorm.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter