A Christmas Miracle

A Christmas Miracle

"Don't tell me you are working on Christmas day again...?" My best friend looks at me with disapproval.

"Well yeah, I am. And you know I don't really do the whole Christmas thingy" I shrugged

"Lena, you do realised that people will be ok without you working on Christmas right?"

"It's more to do with me wanting to work" I said in my defence.

"Please please... join my Christmas party this year. It's been 3 years honey. You need to let go and get back to world of living" Liz said thoughtfully.

------------------

Christmas was always something I looked forward to but that was 3 years ago. My favourite holiday became a painful memory when I lost my Matt to an accident. What was more painful was the fact that he was on his way to meet me despite the heavy snowing that day. The very day he was going to propose me. I didn't know until, the police hand over to me the ring which they found in his pocket.

Christmas was never the same again. The holiday season became the tough times and I throw myself into work to distract myself from the memory. My family and frens tried to help me move on but I couldn't bring myself to let it go.

Liz Park who is my anchor and best friend tried setting me up on dates numerous times with really decent guys but I never felt connected with any of them to actually date them. She finally gave up seeing how pointless it was.

My life practically revolved around my work, the little boutique I owned and my little guy Benji. The store was getting busier with the holidays right up the corner. I had to come in most of the time myself as the store was short staffed.

"I will try but you know, most of my staffs are off for the holidays. I can't ask them to come in, they know I always cover during the holidays" I told Liz

"I know but it wouldn't hurt for you to close early and join my party right?. Honey it would really mean so much to me. I need your support this time. Max's folks will be here this year and you know how picky they can be. I need you..." Liz groan and I could hear the desperation in her voice.

"OK OK I will join but I be coming in a little late. Is that OK?" I asked.

"YAAAAZz as long as you come, I'm more than happy..." Liz screamed excitingly which had people looking at our direction. I laughed and told her to pip down.

"OK now that's settled, I got to run. My little humans will be coming back soon" Liz said as she gets up to give me a hug before rushing out.

"I'll see you soon honey, I love you" Liz wave from the door. I waved back and collected my stuffs before heading over to pay.

I walked down the snowy path admiring the beautiful Christmas decorations which was all over the streets and buildings. Memories of Matt came rushing but I brush it off telling myself, it really was time to let it go. I reached the store and the girls were almost done for the day. I told them to pack up and leave as the temperature was dropping and I didn't want to them to get stuck in the cold.

30 minutes after the girls left, I decided to close for day and went to put up the "CLOSED" sign when someone pulled the door. I looked up to see a very good looking stranger standing there. I was about to tell him that we were already closing for the day when...

"I'm sorry, I know you are closing but it's kinda an emergency, can you please help me out" he smiled pleadingly.

I stood there lost for words for few seconds. I have seeing good looking man but this stranger had something about him that caught me off caught...

"Well...?" the stranger asked again.

I shooked my head..."Of course, please come in" I said stepping aside. He walked in and looked around the store.

"I'm not really sure what do get, can you suggest me something good" he asked.

"What are you looking for? Anything in particular?" I asked.

"Well, I need something appropriate for a formal dinner this weekend" he replied.

"You mean for a Christmas dinner"? I asked.

"Right, it's Christmas dinner" he nodded.

"Oh OK...let me just pick some stuffs and you can let me know if you like it" I replied walking towards the formal section. I selected a couple of stuffs and walked back to show him.

"Can you try this on and see if you like it" I said

"Sure..." he said taking the cloths from me to try it.

I waited for him to come out from the fitting room. After some few minutes, he came out wearing the suit. The bow tie on his hands. "Can you help me with this?" he asked.

"Sure" I said a little flustered from how good he looks in the suit. It fitted him perfectly. He had the body and looks of a runway model but I was pretty sure he wasn't one as he came in a business suit and he sure looks like he got out of a long tired meeting. I couldn't help but wonder what he actually does.

I took the bow tie from him and found myself struggling on my toes to get the tie on him. He gave a small chuckled and bend down so I could fixed it it comfortably.

"There you go" I said looking up and our eyes met. We just stood there looking at eachother until reality hit me and I hurriedly looked away and step aside.


"What do you think?" I asked a little nervous.

"I love it" the stranger smiled. He had the iest smile and I couldn't help smiling back at him.

"Well, I'm glad to hear" I replied. "Do you want to check some more design or you will stick to this?"

"No I'm good with this" he replied

"OK great, I'll get it packed then" I said collecting the suit from him.

"Well, thank you so much for the help and I'm sorry for making you wait" the stranger said as I handed over the bag.

"No, No it's alright. I'm glad I could help" I said smiling at him.

"Btw, my name is 'Taehyung, Kim Taehyung but all my friends call me V" the stranger said.

"Oh...good to meet you V, I'm Lena" I replied extending my hand.

"Good to meet you too, Lena" V said giving me warm handshake.

Before pushing out of the door, he turned back and said "I really hope to meet you again Lena"

I smiled and waved at him "I hope so too, have a good night Mr.Kim"

I watched him get into car and drove off. I turn off the lights and finally close the store and walk home which was just in the next lane.

My little furry came running to greet me. I picked him up "I miss you too little guy" and gave him a hug.

Took a quick shower and prepared dinner with little Benji tailing me everywhere. After dinner we sat down for our favourite show. Benji was snoring in minutes. After the show was over, I tucked Benji in his tiny bed which was right besides mine. I lay down to sleep but I couldn't help thinking of V which really surprised me. It's been a very very long time since I had thoughts of other guys other than Matt.

My mind keep going back to the moment when our eyes met and the feeling that it resulted. I had never felt anything like that before for anyone besides Matt. I shooked my head and told myself, the chances of meeting V again was unlikely and moreover a guy like him won't never be single or attracted to me. I told myself to stop having unnecessary thoughts and slowly drifted off to sleep.

I woke up to another cold day. The weather seems to get colder each day. There was high chances of roads blockage soon at this rate. I pour myself a hot cup of coffee and looked out of the balcony. The whole street was covered with snow. Little Benji gave a little bark of disapproval.

"I know, I know you want to go out there but it's too cold for you to go sweetheart" I told the little guy who was wagging his tail and waiting for me to pick him up. I laughed and scoop him up and let him peep through the window.

I called the girls and told them not to come until the New Years as they all stayed a little far away from the store. I didn't want them to get stuck on the way as the roads are most likely to closed with the current rate of snowing.

By 10ish I reached the store, the day was hectic with just me managing it but it kept me distracted from unwanted memories. I closed the store early as I had to get groceries and do a quick shopping for Liz dinner party.

Liz party was like the party of the year with all the big guys attending it. Liz was married to mayor's only son Max who now owns one of the biggest law firms in the state. I avoided the party all this years coz it reminded me of Matt who I first met at one of Liz's party. But I had promised Liz I would come this time and I couldn't back out now.

I caught a taxi to go and check out some dresses at the shops which was down the street. I managed get something I liked and headed to the grocery mart.

The last place I expected to bumped into V was at grocery mart but there he was. I hadn't seen him coming towards me as I was busy trying to get something from the top shelves.

"Need a hand" Someone chuckled from behind. I turn around to meet the very set of beautiful eyes. My jaw probably dropped seeing him coz I saw V break into huge grin at my reaction.

"I'm sorry, I quickly muttered" cringing at the thought of how silly I must have looked.

"Hey stranger, good to meet you again" he smiled.

"Hey yourself. Didn't expect to meet you again and definitely not here" I blurt out.

He laughed, "I love cooking so you'll probably find me hanging around here time to time"

He picked the item off the top shelf and gave it to me. "Do you need more stuffs up there?"

"No and thanks for this" I said

"Are you done or you have more things to grab?" V asked.

"Nope...I'm done. Just need to pay" I replied quickly.

"OK let's go" V said pushing my cart

"Oh I can do that myself..." I said trying to take over the cart.

"No worries, com'n it's getting too cold. Let's get this done and get you home"

I didn't know how to react to it so I followed him to the counter to pay. V collected my stuffs and headed out. 

"Wait, where are you going?" I asked confused. 

"To my car...I'll drop you" he said simply like it was the most natural thing in the world. 

"What? No no no...it's OK. I can just grab a cab and get home. It's not far from here" I said hurriedly. 

"Hey hey...let me do this. It's my second day of Christmas". V laughed. 

"Really? You don't seem that sentimental type" I replied. 

"Huh! What kind of guy do I look like, Lena" V asked amused raising his eyebrows. 

"Well...I don't know but you just don't seem the sentimental kind" I shrugged. "Anywho, I'm really OK. You don't need to drop me home. I'm a big girl and I can get myself home" I laughed. 

"Let's just say it's for inconveniencing you last night" V said smiling and giving me the puppy face

"Gwad...don't pull that on me" I laughed. "For starters I don't know, know you. You could be a serial killer or something ya know" I teased. 

"Well, I guess you will have to find that out missy. Would you take a chance on me?" V asked grinning. 

"Hmmmm...can't say no to that smile, can I?" I asked. 

"You tell me" and gave me another heart melting smile again. 

"OK OK you got me, lets go" I laughed. 

Took us about 10 mins to get to my place. I asked him if he wanted to come up for a quick coffee. It was the least I can do. He helped me carring the stuffs up. 

"You have a nice place" V commented as I usher him in. 

"Why...thank you" It's my old family home actually. My folks moved to a different city. So it's just me and my little guy". That very moment, little Benji came running. 

"There's my little guy" I cooed as I picked him up for a hug. "Here, meet my new friend V" I said waving his tiny paw. 

"Hey little fella...good to meet you" V said shaking his tiny paw. "Looking after your mama well eh?" he laughed. 

To my surprise, little Benji seems to give V a pass coz normally, he was the possessive one especially around male folks. I looked at him and asked if likes dogs and he told me he was big fan of dogs. I thought, well that scores brownie points in my book.

"So...you want coffee or hot cocoa?" I asked

"Cocoa will do" V responded still busy playing with Benji.

 

 

Benji seems to be happy to have someone new to play with. I smiled and went to make the hot cocoa.

We talked as we drank the hot cocoa. V said, he had recently moved to the neighbourhood for sometime due to work. I never really asked what exactly he does. It was really not my business and its not like I'll be seeing him again.

"Well, I gotta rush. Have some work to catch up before Christmas. Thank you for the lovely drink" he smiled.

"No...thank you. You were a big help. Thanks for dropping me and helping we the groceries" I replied.

"Anytime...well then. I hope to see you again" V said as Benji and I saw him off. "I hope so too" I waved.

The week went by without any sign of the him and Liz's big party was tonight. The snowing had gotten heavier and I dreaded the thought of going out in this weather.

I shut the store early so I could go home and prepare myself for the party. Benji was there as usual giving the warmest welcome.
"Sweetheart, I wish I could take you too but I can't" I looked at his little torn face of disappointment.

"I know, I know but I promise to be back home soon and we can have our own special time" I laughed rubbing his fluffy ear. That seems to pleased the little guy. I went in for a quick shower and got dressed. I had bought a simple red dress keeping in mind the color of Christmas.

30 mins and I was on my way down to Liz's place. As I reached, I couldn't help admiring the beautiful house which was now lighted up with lights. I walked in and the place was already buzzing with people. Liz saw me and rush over to give me a hug.

"Honey, I'm so glad to you could make it. This means a lot to me" Liz said.

"I'm happy to be here and the place looks great. Love your Christmas decorations. You never fail to impress me lady" I replied still awestruck at the beautiful set up.

"You flatter me!" Liz laughed. "OK...let go and meet my folks. They have been asking about you"

We went over to meet Liz parents and her in-laws. "Lena dear, its been a while. We're so glad you could make it this year" Mrs Park said giving me a hug. She asked me about my work and my folks. We talk for sometime and then Liz pulled me out saying she was going to introduce me to someone.

"Liz, please don't tell me, this was your plan all along" I sighed.

"Trust me Lena, you won't be disappointed. Good that I'm happily married to love of my life else, I would have taken him myself" Liz laugh.

"Really! This dude must be really something to impress my best friend this much. I'm really curious now" I said laughing.

"Just wait and yeah you can thank me later" Liz flipped her hair.

"There they are..." Liz said point at Max who was talking with a guy. He had his back was on us so I couldn't really see his but he looked familiar. He certainly stand out from the rest of crowd for sure,  I thought. Wait, that suit looks familiar. Max saw us coming and he came ovet and gave me a hug.

"Lena! So good to see you..." Max said and then turn to the stranger who was beside him.

"Meet Taehyung, Kim Taehyung. He is the new CEO of Hit Entertainment branch here and also our newest client"

"Nice to meet you again Lena" he said giving that boyish smile.

"Wait! You guys met already??" Liz asked surprised and giving me that girl-you-and-I-need-to-talk look!!

"Well...yeah about a week ago, twice actually. He came into my store the first time and then I bumped into him the next day at the mart" I said skipping the hot cocoa part coz I knew Liz would go hyper over it.

"Well, third time is a charmer they say" Liz winked. Everyone laughed. We sat down and talked. That's when I came to know about V's work and his company which was supposedly one of the biggest upcoming entertainment companies in South Korea...

The party was going great and everyone seems to be having a good time. The live music was pretty awesome and many had gone to the dance floor to dance. Beautiful couples everywhere which could have made an awkward scene in my case. Thankfully, V stuck around and kept me company. I felt bad for him, it was like he was stuck with me for courtesy sake. I noticed a number of young ladies eyeing him since he got here.

"You know, you don't have to stick around with me right?" I told V. "Go and mingle, I'm sure the ladies out there would love your company"

"Why? Are you trying to get rid of me now?" V asked looking at me.

"What! No no...don't get me wrong. I love your company. I'm just saying you can always go and joined other ya know" I replied.

"Well, I good here" V smiled. "Hmmmm...would you join me for a dance?"

"I'm not great at..." before I could complete my sentence. Someone came over, "Mine if I steal him away for a dance?" The girl asked.

"Of course, you don't need to asked me. We're not together" I smiled. "Please go ahead" I said.

V gave me a strange look before getting up and following the girl to the dance floor. I watch the pair dance and it didn't sit well with me how the girl had her hands around V neck.

"Not liking what you see?" Liz said. I jumped, caught by her sudden appearance. "Huh...no, why would it I?" I said quickly.

"Then why is your face all grim watching them?" Liz asked.
"I did not"
"Oh yes you did!. You didn't even notice me coming over" Liz said laughing.

"Ok...maybe I was a little" I said admitting it. "But its crazy, why would I, right?"

"Well maybe, you kinda like him?" Liz peered at me.

"Of course not...we just met psst!" I exclaimed

"Technically, this is your third time meeting and I say it's fate" Liz said thoughtfully "Honey...its OK for you to like someone. I know you loved Matt but he is no more and I'm sure he would want you to find someone to love and be happy"

"Well....I hope so too" I said sadly "But I don't think it's with him" I said looking at V's direction. "He won't be here for long and let's be realistic, he's on another level. Look at him and to top that, our lives are too different" I shrugged.

"Love doesn't have a timeline. It can happen to anyone, anytime. It could be a day, months or years but when you meet that one person you are meant to be, it will strike you before you even realised it" Liz said. "Give it a chance and don't close yourself to the feelings"

I smiled and gave Liz a hug "Thank you. I don't know what I do without you"

"Don't get teary on me now lady. People will think I'm being mean to you" Liz teased. We laughed and toast to our friendship.

"Care for a dance with me?" I looked up to see V standing beside me.

"ahhmmm...of course!" I said taking his hand. "Excuse me for a bit" I said to Liz. She have me the biggest grin and nodded her head. When I turned back, she gave me a thumbs-up and mouthed 'go get him'. I rolled my eyes and followed V to dance floor.

The floor was a little crowded. So V pulled me closer and we slowly swing to 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas'.

"I told you I'm bad a this" I whispered when I stumbled a little.

"Don't worry sweetheart, you can stumble anytime. I'm here" he said pulling me closer. I looked up and smile. I found myself relaxing and enjoying the dance when suddenly, the lights went out and I heard Liz voice.

"Ladies and gentlemen...thank you for joining me and my family tonight. We have a special surprise for everyone" Slowly, beautiful glimmering lights began to appear from the ceiling and the spot where we stood had a gaint Miseltoe above. I stared at it and frozed.

"Looks like we found the lucky couple tonite!" Liz said grinning. I looked at her suspiciously and all she did was give me that stupid grin. People around us cheered.

"Wait, what is going on?" I looked to V confused.

"I guess we are supposed to Kiss, it's a tradition right!" V said grinning and before I could react, he bend down and kissed me. It was a gentle kiss at first, then he slowly deepend the kiss like he was trying to give me assurance, a promise.

I heard someone say "they make such a lovely couple"  I looked up and saw V smiling. I guess he too heard the comment. He didn't let me go and ask if we can step out for sometime as the dance floor was filling up again. I nodded and he guided me out of the dance floor. We came out to what looks like a garden which was decorated with lights. There seems to be no one around. It was a little chilly, so I hugged myself. 

"Thank you for the beautiful time" I said turning to V. "It's been a while since I had a good time" I smiled.

"I'm glad, I did too" V smiled. Then he step closer and said "I know we haven't gotten to know eachother well but I feel like I have known you all along" I just stood there looking at him saying nothing.

"What I meant was, I really like you...I can't stop thinking about you since the first time I saw you. I know it sounds cliche, but it true..." I said nothing

"Hmmm...I don't mean to scared you away. Look I'm not rushing anything. Its just that I want to get to know you more. Of course that is, if you want to..." I started to smile

"I'm really doing a poor job in this, am I?" V asked seeing my expression.

I smiled and tip toe up and kissed him. V looked at me surprised and relieved at the same time.

"I would love to get to know you more and yes, I think I do like you very much" I smiled. Before I knew it, V picked me up and twirled. I laughed and kissed him again.

He slowly puts me down, not letting me go, he said "I love you Lena". I looked at him and taking a leap of faith said "I love you too mister". He smiled and leaned over and kissed me softly. I knew then, I had my Christmas miracle right here. I sent a silent thank you to Matt for looking over me all this time. Now it's time let him go....

"Let's go inside, I don't want Liz and Max thinking we abandoned their party" V said.

"Yep, let's go in" I replied.

V put his arms around me and we walk inside.

Somewhere inside,

"I knew they were meant for eachother" Liz smiled as she lean her head on her husband's shoulder watching Lena and V from the window. "It's a Christmas miracle..." Max replied. He leaned over and kiss his beautiful wife."I love you honey. You were my Christmas miracle too

------------------------

"Too bad, you have to let go all the beautiful ladies here" I teased.

"Nope I have the one I want right here" V said pulling me to the dance floor. "I saved my last dance for you" he whispered.

I knew exactly why I felt for this man....

 

Happy Holidays everyone!!🎄

---------------
Author note:

Thanks for checking my story. Of you like it, please VOTE and Comment your thoughts.

Also, suggest who you want to read about in the next story.

Thanks again! Xoxo ❤️