chapter 2

Fighter (A Kim Kyu Jong cancer fanfic)

Hyunjoong’s P.O.V.

It's been a couple of days since finding out the Kyu had stage four brain cancer, and no one was taking it well. Joonie has been crying since that day, Min has been more agitated than normal, Saeng is being quieter than normal, and Kyu had become depressed since then; he hasn’t been talking to us, or eating. I myself, being the leader of the group; have been trying to pull everyone out of the funk. I walked down the stairs passing the living room to see Kyu sitting on the couch, looking out the window, zoned out. I sighed and walked over to him sitting down.

“Kyujongie?”

He didn’t reply, he just looked at me then looked back at the window. Before he turned his head, I saw that his eyes were read and puffy, signaling that he had been crying.

“Kyu it’ll be ok.” I replied as I patted his shoulder softly, then getting up.

“How do you know.” He said dejectedly. I stopped and turned around, and saw him looking at me with a questionable look. I sighed and sat down, looking straight into his eyes.

“Because you are a fighter.” I replied.

“Hyung I really don’t think-”

“Kyu you’ll be just fine gwaenchanh-a? Besides we’ll be supporting you through all of it.” I interrupted him as he just nodded. I looked at him and saw a single tear go down his cheek.

“Kyu come here.”
He leans into my arms as I just hugged him.

“Hyung what if the treatment doesn’t work?” He sobbed.

“Then we will keep trying until it does Kyu.” I sighed as i rubbed his back in soothing circles; “You are not going anywhere.”

I really hoped I was right on that…

 

 

Jungmin’s P.O.V.

Everyone was on edge right now but I was irritated. My hyung was going through so much and the fact that I couldn't help him really got to me. It wasn't just a sadness it was the fact that I had to watch him all the way. I am his friend and I know that he was going through quite a bit. I kept silent but I had an internal need to help him. That's when I came up with a idea.

“Family meeting!” I yelled as I walked into the living room spotting Hyunjoong hyung and Kyujong hyung already there

“We're on our way down Min.” Youngsaeng hyung said. Soon enough hyungjoon and Saeng came down and we all sat down in the living room

“Alright you guys I think it's time we came together on this. Our friend has cancer. He needs support. We're going to give it to him in a deeper way.” I replied.  

“Okay so what should we do?” Hyunjoong asked.

“We make plenty of money. I say that we take our earnings from every tour we've ever done and put it towards treatment.” Youngsaeng hyung replied.

 

Youngsaeng's P.O.V.

“Youngsaeng hyung, that’s a great idea.” Hyungjoon replied agreeing with my idea, as the other two nodded.

“You would do that for me?” Kyu asked.

“Of course man. You’re family.” hyungjoon replied.

“I don't know what to say” Kyujong began.

“What kind of band mates would we be if we didn't help you?” Jungmin said.

“I love you guys.” Kyu replied.

“We love you too Kyu yah.” I replied.

“So its settled? We’re agreeing to help?” I asked looking at them.

“Of course.” Jungmin, Hyungjoon, and Hyunjoong hyung replied.

“That’s if we can get manager hyung’s approval.” hyung began as he pulled out his phone, dialing our manager’s number; “I’ll call him and explain the situation.” The outpouring of emotion from Kyu was intense. He hugged us all lingering on me. The look in his eyes told us everything he needed to know. he felt loved by his family in by me. He started to cry and we crowded around him. We wanted him to know he was love completely.

 

Kyujong’s P.O.V.

I decided to thank them the only way I knew how. I gave them the gift of a night of peace. I even helped out as much as I could even after I got tired they appreciated the gesture. They simply smiled at me happy that I was actually able to still help out just by my problems.

“Kyu don't tire yourself out helping us.” Hyunjoong hyung replied.

“you guys are my family and just agreed to pay for my problems. forgive me for saying this but it's the least I owe you.” I replied.

“At least sit down so you can enjoy the peace you've created.” Saeng replied. I didn't show it in my face but I was tired. So I took him up on his offer snugging into his arms. I never understood why but I felt so safe like this. It was like we were the only two people in the world. Before I knew it I had relaxed so much that I had to come tired.  I rested my head my head on his chest wishing that it could go on forever.

“I honestly don't want to move. I feel so comfortable and safe here.” I replied.  

“Neither do I.” Saeng replied kissing the top of my head