Rap Battle

Rap Battle

"Suga. Can we PLEASE listen to something else?" Marie practically begged as they cruised down the highway in his car.

"What. You don't like my playlist?" He arched an eyebrow over his sunglasses.

"Everyone on your playlist is not nearly as talented as you are, first of all." She said matter of factly. "Secondly, I can't remember how many times I've heard these now."

"I suppose you have something better in mind?" He questioned.

"Hey, don't get me wrong. I love hip hop. Maybe we could listen to someone else though."

"I'm driving so you'll have to DJ if you want to change it. The aux cable is in the center console."

"You're handling this better than I thought you would..." She said skeptically, reaching for the cable.

"Show me whatchu got, girl." He joked. Marie sighed and pulled up her music player. The gauntlet had been thrown (even if she started it). She hoped she could deliver.

"Okay. Goin old school." She got everything set up and started with Hey Ya! by Outkast. She glanced worriedly at Suga, trying to read his face. She was delighted to see him bob his head a little bit.

"Hey Ya! Not exactly hip hop." He mused.

"It makes you wanna dance though. Admit it." She said as she started to groove.

"Maybe a little bit." He winked over the top of his glasses before starting to dance goofily.

"Okay how's this." She said as she pulled up Roll Out by Ludacris.

"Luda. Better." He smiled as the opening lines played. He was about to start rapping the first verse when Marie beat him to it. He had no idea she had it in her. He was floored as she started dancing while nailing every single word in the song. He hadn't even noticed his jaw dropped until she smoothly put a finger under his chin to close it while continuing to rap. He'd never seen that particular look in her eyes and he'd be lying if he said it didn't have an effect on him.

She laughed as she finished the song and looked his way. "What?" She asked.

"I'm just surprised is all. You've never rapped before."

"Well you're much better at it than I am. I couldn't help it though. I haven't heard that song in forever!" Her laugh tinkled in his ears. She started scrolling through her music again. "Maybe you can show me how it's really done though."

Suga didn't particularly trust the tone in her voice. He rolled his eyes as the music started to play. "Cypher 4?" He glanced at Marie to see her giving him her best puppy dog eyes.

"Pleeeease?" She batted her eyelashes. "Your part always gives me goosebumps. I might die from a private performance but I'm willing to risk it." She gave a serious affirming nod. Suga laughed.

"Okay fine. You're going to be tough to beat, but I'll try."

It was Marie's turn to roll her eyes. But it didn't keep her from subtly dancing and looking out the window. J-Hope's section finished and she felt the air in the car change as the chorus brought them to Suga's part. She stopped dancing and watched as Suga performed while driving. With his left hand on top of the wheel, he gestured with his right. You'd think he was performing in front of thousands and not just for Marie while driving a car. Goosebumps spread over her arms as shivers ran down her spine. He ended with a flourish and rested his hand on the gear shift. He'd never looked ier. It was a good thing he was driving or Marie would have jumped him right then and there.

"What's next?" Suga asked as the final chorus wound down.

"Huh? Oh. Uh. Nothing. Your playlist is fine. Thanks for the break." She said, concentrating her vision out the window.

Suga smirked and switched back to his playlist. He reached over and grabbed Marie's hand. She jumped ever so slightly and hoped he hadn't noticed. He traced patterns on her palm with his thumb. Pure electricity was in his touch from him. She wasn't sure if Suga meant for it to be a relaxing gesture but it was doing the exact opposite.

She was almost thankful when they rolled into the dark garage shortly after. Until she realized they were at the BTS dorm.

"What are we doing here?" She asked as he shifted the car into park.

"I just have to take care of something real quick. Then I'll take you home." He turned the car off but left the music playing.

"Should I stay here?"

Suga got out of the car before responding. He walked to her side and opened her door. He held out his hand to help her out. She carefully got out and before she knew it, she was pressed against him and he was kissing her passionately. 

Then as suddenly as he started, he stopped.

"What was that?" Marie said breathlessly.

"Don't ever rap for anyone else." He said with fire in his eyes.

"Then you better sure as hell not do any private rap shows for anyone but me." She replied with her own fire. The words were barely out of her before she grabbed his shirt and pulled him into an equally passionate kiss. Suga slammed the door and molded her against the car, never releasing her lips.

Marie's hand tangled in his hair as his hands found their way to her hips. He kissed his way along her jaw to her ear, whispering whatever rap was coming from the pounding bass in his car. He could be rapping the ABCs for all she knew or cared and it would still bring her to her knees. His hands kept her firmly in place while a moan escaped her. She felt his lips buzz the lyrics along her neck between kisses.

When she couldn't take it anymore, she grabbed his face, bringing it back to hers. "Dammit Suga," she breathed before she kissed the smirk right off his perfect lips.