1st Namjoon Day

1st Namjoon Day

Lynn could not possibly sit still if her life depended on it. It was Namjoon's birthday. The first birthday of his that she was also in a relationship with him. And the first time one would be giving a gift to the other for an occasion. And...

Stop it, girl! She told herself for the thousandth time.

She'd gotten in contact with Z, who was supposed to get her gifts to V, who would then get them to Namjoon. Seeing him today was a complete impossibility. He'd be watched like a hawk with everyone trying to wish him a happy birthday and leave gifts. That is, if he ever left the BigHit building. He'd probably be in there the whole time preparing for the comeback happening in less than a week. Despite all that, she still wanted him to have something from her on his actual birthday.

She sent Z a text for the hundredth time that day.

L: Are you sure V took the box?

Z: Girl! You need to calm down. I told you he did! We had a secret drop off and everything. Your package will be delivered as promised.

L: I know. I'm sorry. I can't help it! Being in virtual radio silence because of the comeback is driving me nuts. How are you staying so calm?

Z: Well you did manage to get me an in person meeting, so that helped ;) Thanks for that, by the way!

L: lol My pleasure, I guess? Thanks for helping me out.

Lynn tossed her phone on the couch and continued her pacing.

.:~*~:.

Solo karaoke, dinner, phone games, cleaning, and yoga later, she grabbed a book to read. It took several attempts to actually get started since the words kept swimming in front of her and she had to re-read sentences repeatedly. But before she knew it, she was drifting off to sleep.

.:~*~:.

Her door bell work her up. Squinting, she checked her phone. 2am? Who was ringing her door bell at 2am? It rang again, spurring her from the couch. She shuffled her way to the entrance. She decided it had to be someone she knew or a serial killer. If it's a serial killer, at least he'd put her out of her misery. She opened the door without checking.

"Namjoon? What are you doing here?" She yawned. "Wait. What are you doing here??" She pulled him in quickly and did a quick scan of the hallway before closing the door. 

"I had to see you."

"It is insanely not safe at all for you to be coming to see me right now!"

"I know. But I had to do it anyway. And it's my birthday. You're going to deny me what I really want on my birthday of all days?"

"Technically it's 2 hours past your birthday but okay fine. What do you want on your birthday?"

"I just wanted to see you."

"Well you've seen me. Now get going. You should be a million other places than here. Like your bed, for example." She started to push on his chest, backing him toward the door.

"Please, Lynn." She stopped at the strain in his voice. She took a minute to really look at him. Fatigue was evident in every part of his body. Slouched posture, bags under his eyes, tired smile.

"Oh Namjoon." She caved immediately and wrapped him in a hug. He took a deep breath and then melted against her.

"I've missed you." He mumbled.

"I've missed you too." She replied, rubbing his back. After giving him a minute, she grabbed his hand. "Come have a seat." She left him on the couch and went to get them some drinks. She also brought out a cupcake with a single lit candle in it. Namjoon looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Well it's your birthday. And I wanted to celebrate even if you weren't going to be here. So I got a cupcake." He smiled at her. "Shut up." She said in an attempt to keep a blush from rising to her cheeks. "You have to blow out the candle though. Don't forget to make a wish!"

"I don't need to make a wish. I've already got everything I could want."

"Then wish for me to win the lottery so I can rent out venues and take my super star boyfriend out in private."

Namjoon smirked and blew out the candle. Lynn took the candle out and peeled the wrapper back.

"Oh shoot. I forgot plates. Hold on." She started to get up. Namjoon grabbed the wrist of the hand that was holding the cupcake, forcing Lynn to sit back down. He took a giant bite and flashed her an I'm-so-innocent grin - dimples in full effect. She rolled her eyes, laughing, and took a bite herself - crumbs be damned. 

They made quick work of the cupcake. Lynn saved a small spot of frosting and decorated Namjoon's cheek with it. She went to the remainder off her finger when Namjoon beat her to it. It was her turn to raise an eyebrow, which Namjoon returned with a look of challenge. She grabbed his chin and then kissed of the frosting she'd left. She stood to take the dishes to the kitchen but stopped long enough to give him a look of pure sass along the way.

"I really hope you don't have everything you could want." She called from the kitchen. "Otherwise that means you won't like the present I got you."

"Oh right. I brought that with me." He reached for his satchel and pulled out her box. "You really didn't have to go through all that to get it to me." He said as she came back to sit next to him.

"I didn't know you were going to go all rogue and come to my apartment even though it's practically illegal right now. And I wanted to make sure you knew I was thinking about you on your birthday." He suddenly gave her a quick kiss. "Shut up." She said looking away again. "Just open it! Wait. Don't open it in front of me." She turned around. "No you should open it in front of me. Then I'll know if I did a good job." She turned back. "But what if you don't like it?" She turned around again. "No it's better to know" As she turned to face him again, he started unwrapping the paper while laughing. Lynn held her breath.

"Converse!  You can't go wrong with Converse." He grinned.

"Really? You promise? You're not faking?"

"No, I'm not faking. I love them! I don't have purple ones yet."

"Ohthankgoodness." She breathed. "There's sort of a second part to them. Wait here." She ran off to her bedroom and came back with her hands behind her back. "So I know you're super famous and that we could never wear couple clothes or anything but I thought couple Converse might be subtle enough?" She offered as she showed him the matching pair of shoes she was hiding behind her. "If you think it's dumb, I'll return mine. It's not a big deal." She said as she played with the laces.

He stood up and walked over to her. "It's perfect." He kissed her gently.

"Really? You promise? You're not faking?"

"Again, Lynn?" He laughed and hugged her. "Yes. It's so perfect that I'm mad I didn't come up with it first."

"It would have been super hard for you to do even if you thought of it first." She pointed out.

"I would have made it happen."

"Obviously." She laughed before sighing deeply. "I'm so glad you like them." She hugged him back. "Now you should really get to bed."

He laughed and kissed the top of her head. "I don't know why you're trying so hard to get me out of your apartment. I made it here just fine."

"I know. But it's almost 3 in the morning and in the movies any visits after 11pm are usually booty calls." She clapped a hand over . Where did that come from?! "But uh... those people obviously don't have super star boyfriends that stay up until 3am regularly. Time to go!" She did her best to ignore his loud laughter as she pushed him to the door. Curse her muddled 3am brain!

"Thanks for the bonus present." He said as he started to put his disguise back on.

"Bonus present?" She handed him his face mask. He put it on and then pulled it partially down.

"Yeah. The one where I'm never going to let you live that booty call comment down." The bright grin on his face could power Seoul for a life time. Lynn groaned and pushed him toward the door again.

He pulled her into him, wrapping an arm around her back. He took time to look into her eyes as he pushed back her hair. He slowly leaned in to kiss her. It was a chaste but intimate kiss that left Lynn floating on air.

"I'll talk to you soon." He said before pulling his mask up and opening the door.

Lynn came to just in time to loudly whisper "Happy birthday!" as he walked out. She was sure the smile in his eyes would tide her over until she could see him again.