Torn

Torn

You said that you love me... but why are you hurting me? You said that we will love each other unconditionally, you said that you love me so that means that you won't cheat on me but why? You still chose to cheat on me with that girl. 

Am I really not enough? The kisses that you'll give me everyday. Where are they now? Where are you now? I expect that we can be together forever but what happened? It just broke like that. 

***

Kyungsoo sat on the sofa, waiting for his lover to come home. It's already pass 12 and his lover is still not home, making him worried. He glanced at the clock on the wall, waiting for the door to open. 

Kyungsoo sighed as he rubbed his eyes tiredly. But then the door suddenly open, reaveling a alchohol-smelling Kai. 

"Where have you been?" Kyungsoo asked with his arns crossed but Kai just walked pass on Kyungsoo making his blood boil. 

But then Kyungsoo grabbed Kai's hand as he turned him to face him. 

"Where have you been?! Don't you know how worried I am?! And why are you drunk?!" Kyungsoo yelled making Kai cringe at the loudness of his lover. 

"Why do you care? Huh? And stop yelling, you're making my head hurt, I'm tired.. let's just talk about this in the morning..." He said as he shook his hand off from Kyungsoo's grip. As he was about to walk away from his fuming lover he heard him say something. 

"What happened to you? What happened to us? Kai? What happened in our relationship?" Kyungsoo asked with his trembling voice, tears threatning to fall from his eyes soon. 

Kai froze on his spot as he stayed mum at Kyungsoo's question. 

"I don't know...she just happened." He mumbled 

He felt Kyungsoo walk behind him. 

"You're not the Kim Jongin that I used to know... the playful Jongin, the kind and gentleman Jongin, and the lovable and caring Kim Jongin that I know.. What happened to him?" 

His mind is not functioning properly right now but he is still sober, he still knows what his lover said. He then turn around, facing a teary-eyed Kyungsoo. His heart broke when he saw him like that. He still love him, the other part of him still loves him but he can't.

"Do you love me? I'm just asking you this one question..." Kyungsoo said trying hard not to cry. He bit his lip nervously. Yes, He still love him. Then Kai cupped Kyungsoo's cheeks as he wiped his lover's tears away. 

"Of course.... I-love you." Kai kissed Kyungsoo's forhead. Then Kyungsoo hugged Kai as they enjoyed each others embrace. 

"But... I don't think I can do this anymore.." Kai said carefully. 
Kyungsoo stared at him wide eye but just shrugged it off with an awkward laugh. 

"W-what? You're not funny you know... Y-you're drunk. L-lets just g-get y-you to bed..." Kyungsoo said as he hold Kai's hand, directing him to go on his room. 
But then Kai hold Kyungsoo's shoulder and stared at his eyes. 

"Kyungsoo, I'm not joking... I really think w-we need to b-break... up. It's for the best. For us..." Kai said and Kyungsoo just stared at him with disbelief. He turned his face away from him, he feel really guilty for saying this but he needs to. He don't want to keep hurting Kyungsoo. He's a special someone for him but still, they are not really meant to be.

He then felt his left cheek sting. He really deserved it, for hurting Kyungsoo and cheating on him but Krystal is really a lovely girl. That's one of the reason why he fell for her. Kyungsoo is  lovely too, he cannot compare him and Krystal because both of them are special to him. But his heart belongs to Krystal, the other parts of it is Kyungsoo. 

He held his left cheek as he slowly look up to the latter to see his face, tears rolling into his cheeks. 

"W-why? Am I really that easy to you? Huh? Tell me, am I really that easy to you?! Huh?!" Kyungsoo yelled with his face soaking with tears, holding Kai's collar. He feels broken, angry, sad and dissappointed. 
He can't believe that Kai would just break their relationship like that, like they haven't been together for years.

He knows why, he knows about that girl named Krystal and yet he still didn't believe it. No, he doesn't want to believe that Kai cheated on him because he knows that Kai would never do that. He's a very loyal person when they are together. Kai is like the good innocent and loyal boyfriend that wouldn't do something stupid like that. 

Kai just hugged him tightly, trying to calm him. He likes it, no. He loves it when he hugs him. But still, he needs to ressist. But he can't, his love for him is strong even though he hurt him he still finds himself hugging Kai. 

"I-I'm sorry... I l-love you b-but I l-love her too... a-and.... she's p-pregnant with my b-baby..." Kai said, trying not to choke in his tears. Kyungsoo felt his world crushed, like the sky and earth fell into him and crushed him. His heart, stabbed and crushed by a thousand times. 

Kyungsoo knelt on the ground, as he hold his chest, trying to calm his broken heart. 

He don't know what to do but all he knows is he don't want to see Kai. Anymore. Kai kneeled by his side and hold his shoulder. 

"I'm sorry... I'm r-really s-sorry... I didn't know this would happen..." Kai said with his eyes wet with tears. 

"You didn't know this would happen?! You know what you're doing for god's sake! You know that you'll make her pregnant! Are you dumb or what?!" Kyungsoo yelled in rage, Kai just bowed his head and Kyungsoo just sighed deeply. 

"Get out of here... leave me alone." 

"But you-" 

"I said leave me alone! Just get out of here, I don't want to see your face. Just go to her already... she needs you more than I do." He coldly said as he stood up and headed to his bedroom, leaving Kai there. 

"Kyungsoo..." 

"Live with her, you need to take the responsibility for knocking her up. I'll just deliver all your thing tomorrow morning." 

Kai just cried there as he look at Kyungsoo sadly. 

"I'm really s-sorry.. I'm s-so sor-sorry..." 

Kyungsoo just closed his eyes, he's tired of being hurt, he's tired of crying. He just signed Kai to get out. After the latter got out, he headed straight to his room and cried his heart out. 

***

3 years passed and they have their own lives now. Kyungsoo walked slowly, still choosing of what he'll buy for his groceries. As he was roaming around the store he's phone rang and he quickly dive his hand to his pocket, reaching for his phone. 

"Hello?" 

"Mr. D.O?" 

"Yes it's me, who's this?" 

"Oh Mr. D.O this is Chen, Mr. Park's assisntant. I'm just here to say that Mr. Lee accepted your marketing offer and decided that he wants to negotiate with you." 

Kyungsoo's eyes widen as he covered his mouth. 

"R-really!? Oh thank god! I can't believe this!" 

"Yes sir, that's for the hard work you've gave to this project. It's just a karma for you." Chen chuckled on the phone as Kyungsoo smiled, his smile almost ripping his cheeks. 

"We need to celebrate tomorrow. Tell Mr. Park that we'll have to meet tomorrow okay?" 

"No problem sir and congratulations sir." 

"Thank you Chen, you have to celebrate qith me tomorrow okay?" 

"Okay sir." 

"Okay, I need to hang up now. Let's just talk later. Bye." 

"Bye sir." I hang up and put my cellphone inside my pocket. I held my hand onto my chest. I still can't believe it. I'm really lucky today. 

I placed the bread that I picked and put in the cart. I made my way towards the cashier. 
As I was waiting there, somebody tapped my shoulder. I frowned and turn my back to see who it is. 

"Hi..." I widen my eyes as I saw his face. All the memories flashed in my mind. 

"Kai?" I noticed that he's holding a little girl wearing a cute dress. Stunned of what I saw I turned back my attention to him again.

"Long time no see. How... are you?" Kai scratched his neck and I just smiled. Still cute. 

"I'm fine thank you, and you? How have you been?" I asked as I observed the cute little girl he's holding. 

"I'm good...Uhh It's been years.." I just nod my head agreeing with him. 

"Is that your daughter?" I asked as I stared at the little girl. Kai carried the girl into his arms as the girl looked at me curiously. Aw, she's so cute. 

"Yeah, she's turning three next month." Kai said and I just nodded, examining the little girl. 

"She looks a lot like you.. she's really cute." I pinched her cheeks and she just smiled at me cutely. 

"Yeah, thank you... I get that a lot." 

"Hm, uh how are you and uh Krystal?" I asked. Oh my god why did you asked that question, he'll think that you still want him back, but it's true. I still love him but I'm not hoping for him to go back to me. 

He stared at me questioningly and I just shrugged it off. 

"Oh uh we're not together anymore..." 

"What?" 

"We broke up 2 years ago.... but we still talk to each other. You know, she still has responsibilities with our daughter. Jisoo here stays at Krystal monday to friday. Then I fetch her every weekend." 

I nod my head, listening carefully of what he's saying. 

"Hm, that's really sad to hear... It's okay.." I pat his shoulder and he just smiled at me sadly. 

"Things are meant to happen. And you cannot control it, we're not really meant together. We get along really good but there's someone..." 

I raised my eyebrow in confusion. 

"There's someone who still owns my heart... a very special someone." He looked at me and smiled. 

"Kyungsoo, can we start over again?" I looked at him with a shocked face. I really want him back too. 

"Kai, it's not really easy for me to just answer that..." 

"I'm sorry, I promise that I would never do anything stupid again.. please?" I hesitated answering it but looking at him makes my memories flash in my mind again. 

"..We can start over as friends again." Kyungsoo said. Kai smiled and shake his hands with Kyungsoo

"Okay then.. friends."