part iii

pikachus and flowers | chaesoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: oh boy this turned out a lot more suggestive than i intended it for but please this is a cute and fluffy and definitely pure fic featuring the softest of all the bad blackpink ships, chaesoo, ok

 

 

Rosé doesn't say anything.

She doesn't say anything even when the four of them — Jennie, Lisa, Jisoo, and herself — grow closer. Closer, to the point of best friends. Closer, to the point where they get chosen for the next girl group all together. Closer, where they aren't even appointed a leader like most of the other groups because they simply don't need one.

And then closer, until Rosé one day finds herself carrying her bags of belongings through the front door of their new, shared apartment together. The two rooms they're given are of slightly different sizes, and they jokingly bicker with each other over it until they decide to break it up by a game of rock, paper, scissors. Surprisingly, Lisa wins herself and Rosé the bigger room leaving Jisoo and Jennie with the smaller, but it doesn't matter because they all know they'll be occupying the living room space with each other more than their own rooms, anyway.

It's only a little bit awkward at first with trying to figure out the bathroom schedules, but besides that everything is smooth in terms of living together. They spend most of their time in the practice room during the day and go home together at night, all equally as exhausted. They play games together in what rare free time they get, and they joke around and go to fun places. It reminds Rosé of her own friends back home.

One morning, however, Rosé finds herself completely dumbstruck.

She already knows from their very first meeting in the elevator that Lisa never likes to hide her soul marks. They're always on full display, usually consisting of badly drawn doodles and the occasional neat Hangul. Judging by both of those adjectives, it's obviously Lisa's. In fact, Rosé isn't quite sure if she's ever even seen something that was noticeably different to Lisa's recognizable scrawl. Perhaps she was just wrong in her judgement, she figured.

Either way, Rosé has already grown used to not seeing the marks as often anymore in her daily life and so you couldn't really blame her for finding her unspoken-of and unusual liking towards them a bit intriguing. And when her curiosity grew too high, she still didn't asked about it. She couldn't muster up enough courage. Instead, Lisa had been the one to bring it up after catching Rosé gaze on her latest creation.

"Everyone else around here likes to hide them, is all," Rosé had said bashfully, trying to cover up for herself under the amused gaze of Lisa. Rosé didn't ask a question that time, but the Lisa gratefully understood.

But instead of answering with a lonf and meaningful description about her soulmate or whatever like Rosé had expected from someone who seemed to like her soul marks that much, she had merely replied with, "Why should I have to hide something that means so much to me? That's silly, Chaeng."

And that was that, she never went into anymore depth. But even still, Rosé would catch her every now and then with a pen in hand, doodling more pictures on herself or writing corny jokes that usually Jisoo had taught her that reminded Rosé of her own soulmate. Not this Jisoo, but her other Jisoo. Whoever that is.

However, those instances only served to confuse Rosé further. She had seen the marks up close, and even from a distance she can recognize Lisa's neat handwriting and cute cat drawings. There seemed to be no other marks besides her own, so why did Lisa spend so much time writing to someone who didn't write back?

And then she remembered her own case three years ago before she left for Korea where Jisoo had inexplicably stopped talking to her as much and left Rosé still desperately scrambling after him and the loose pieces of their conversations. She remembered it oh, so vividly and humiliatingly, and immediately shut up about it. Until now.

In the past few years Rosé has known her, Jennie has never left any marks visible on her skin during practice. Even when they would be dripping with sweat during a particularly exhausting session that day, her skin still remained perfectly clear of any blemishes. Jennie Kim was all about perfection, and Rosé even idolized her a bit for it. But looking back on it now, Rosé realizes, that was actually an amazing feat of her.

Because as Rosé pads around the kitchen barefoot with her face newly washed and teeth just as recently brushed to pour herself a glass of orange juice, the bathroom door opens and Jennie emerges, fresh from a morning shower. It's not really new; according to the bathroom schedule they've finally established Jennie always takes the first shower in the morning and Rosé has heard the running water every day before around this same time. However, this is the first time the younger girl has actually been out of her room in time in the morning to see her come out of the bathroom after it.

It isn't that big of a deal and Rosé glances at her vaguely over the rim of her glass as she takes a slow sip. Jennie's hair is damp, all clumped together in wet, wavy locks and she bends over slight to let it fall over her head so that she can use the towel in her hand to ruffle it dry. She stands still for a quiet moment in the hallway doing just that and is dressed in only a tank top and shorts, an outfit that shows off a lot of skin, but, again, isn't something new to Rosé. 

Well, it shouldn't have been, and yet it is for that reason that Rosé nearly starts choking on her juice when she — for the first time ever — catches the very visible black marks on Jennie's arms and legs. There's actually so many of them that Rosé can only think damn, whatever concealer she has been using must be pretty damn good.

Jennie hasn't even noticed her standing there yet, and Rosé is too stunned to say anything. But then the door to her and Lisa's room swings open and the disheveled girl appears in the hallway a moment later, yawning widely.

"Morning, Chaeyoung," she chirps after having rubbed the sleep away from her eyes. She spots Jennie as she walks into the kitchen and immediately lights up, exclaiming, "Jennie-unnie!"

"Lisa, it's too early for this," the shorter girl grumbles, though the small smile on her lips betrays her irritated tone. Rosé still hasn't said anything, too perplexed by the newfound discovery at Jennie's very present and very real soul marks. But with Lisa standing there she begins to think Jennie's marks look very familiar. Slowly, she drags her eyes over to the blonde.

Then she freezes. She looks back at Jennie's. Then back at Lisa's. Jennie's. Lisa's.

They have the same ing marks.

Lisa, having noticed Rosé's silence, follows her eyes. Then her eyes widen comically and she nearly doubles over in laughter.

Jennie jumps, nearly dropping and breaking a glass she had been reaching for in her surprise and whirls back around, ready to smack Lisa upside the head for startling her. That is, until she finally sees the expression on Rosé's face. It takes Jennie a moment to connect the dots, but when she does her eyes also widen and she tries in vain to cover up the marks on her skin by crossing her arms and legs and standing in what must be the most awkward-looking pose ever. It's no use, Rosé has already seen them. Her eyebrows are raised high up on her forehead, her cheeks completely dusted red, and the tips of her ears burning.

"Oh, c'mon, unnie," Lisa giggles, pulling an embarrassed Jennie into her arms. She wriggles her hands between the other girl's arms to uncross them, and then wraps her own around her torso in a familiar backhug. "She was bound to find out eventually."

"Wait, wait," Rosé breathes out, completely flustered, "so you two are..."

She trails off, doesn't finish and therefore doesn't actually ask any questions. But Lisa, as excited as she is, answers for her anyway in the form of an enthusiastic nod. The blonde squashes her cheek against the side of Jennie's head, nuzzling into her brown hair with a wide smile on her face.

"Jennie-unnie's my soulmate," she sings happily. Jennie only huffs.

 

 

Even over breakfast, the revelation hasn't yet completely sunk in for Rosé. It makes sense, though, judging on how Lisa has always been more clingy with Jennie than anyone else. Jennie has always made a show of cringing and pushing her away, but a smile was always there, hidden behind her typical stoic mask. Looking back on it all, it all should have added up. And she always thought the two were super cute, so she's definitely happy for them. Jenlisa for the win.

And also, after all the "excitement" from this morning, Rosé suddenly finds herself suddenly feeling the need to check the only currently-sleeping group member for any unknown marks she has never seen on her as well (which is totally not weird at all). Honestly though, this is definitely not the first time Rosé has felt such an urge ever since she met the older girl, but is a habit she has been trying to break. It's hard every time she sees Jisoo walk in the room wearing an outfit that shows any amount of her fair skin, but she tries.

As if reading her mind, Jisoo wakes up tired and grumpy not too long after from the amount of noise they — mostly meaning Lisa — had been making. She strolls out of her room in a fashion similar to Lisa, yawning and rubbing her eyes.But before Rosé can give in to her temptations, Jennie's calling out for breakfast requests and Lisa's throwing Jisoo's screeching frame over her shoulder. The sudden chaos of her bandmates is more than enough of an adequate distraction.

They eat in a somewhat awkward quiet, though it's mostly on Jennie and Rosé's part. For Lisa, she couldn't be anymore happier at the reveal since she could now shower all of her love upon Jennie to her heart's content (not like she hasn't already been doing that) and apparently, Jisoo has already long since known.

"I saw her a couple times, you know," she quips as an explanation, and Lisa pouts at her.

Beneath the table, Rosé runs her hand over the fresh mark on her thigh her Jisoo had put there while she was sleeping last night. Like many times before, she wonders what her own soulmate is doing right now, and where he is. And, like a few times more recently now than ever before, she wonders if he is actually a she and if he or if she is actually sitting besides her now, looking at her softly (although unbeknownst to herself).

Just in case, Rosé sneaks a glance at Jisoo's leg later when she gets up to feed her new puppy, Dalgom. She sees nothing; just smooth, pale skin.

Oh, well. Bummer.

 

 

She's not being creepy on purpose, Rosé swears she's not.

But for some reason, she can't seem to stop checking Jisoo out.

Wait, she doesn't mean, like, checking her out checking her out. She's not staring at her and thinking about how much would totally tap that, of course. Definitely not that. Probably. Kind of. Maybe sometimes. Stop, Roseanne, no.

Anyway, she's fairly certain that this Jisoo isn't her Jisoo. After all, it's already been a year since they've been living together, and three since they met. And never, ever had she seen a single speck of ink on the girl's skin. Considering how she had managed to catch Jennie's not too far into them living together (and the girl is amazing at hiding them, she found out), that must mean something if she hasn't found the eldest's. During the first two years living separately, she had figured that maybe the girl just didn't have a soulmate. But then again, she also thought that about Jennie until that ultimately came back to punch her in the face, so.

If she does have marks, the girl must be pretty damn good at hiding them. Now that they're living together, Rosé thinks that she would've found out if Jisoo had marks by now. And it also poses the question of why? She seems to be trying really hard to hide them, if they are there. But maybe she's just wasting her time, being all weird by searching for what isn't there. She's not obsessed.

But even now as she sits in the living room with Lisa and presses play on the third episode in a row of their drama that night, she can't stop her head from immediately turning when she hears a door open behind her. Lisa pays no mind to it, but Rosé's eyes immediately meet with Jisoo's and it's a silent clash of brown versus brown. Jisoo proceeds to walk down the hallway barefoot with her night clothes, a bag of which Rosé assumes is her skin care products, and a towel in her hands, all while seemingly not as affected by the split-second eye contact as Rosé feels she herself is. She quickly manages to force her eyes back to the TV screen, but still perks her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter