Oh, Bae Joohyun

Oh, Bae Joohyun
Please log in to read the full chapter

Joy was sitting at the lunch table with her friends as they started gossiping about the next guy that tried to ask out Bae Joohyun.

 

“Look, look Sooyoung! She’s about to answer him!” Joy could only roll her eyes at her best friend, Seulgi.

 

“You know I dislike that name. I go by Joy now, unnie! And who cares, we all know she’ll turn him down like everyone else. She’s just so..” Beautiful. “picky.” Joy began to play with her food instead of focusing her attention towards Joohyun. Her friends knew how much she liked the girl, well they thought it was a playful crush. Boy were they wrong. At first it was a normal crush, where she was taken aback by her beauty, but as the years went by they were able to grow a small friendship and through that she was able to learn smaller details about Joohyun. The next thing she knew her mind could only think of the said girl.

 

Her eyes met Joohyun’s the minute she looked up from her food. She could hear a clear ‘no’ as a response and she watched the poor soul walk away all slouched. Joy gave her a quick wink and turned her attention towards Wendy. Maybe she could have seen the slightly pink cheeks, if she didn’t turn her head so soon.

 

“Sometimes it feels like Irene has a crush on you and not the other way around.”

 

“Yeah, I wish. Sometimes my mind plays these games with me. Sometimes she even plays games with me.” Her last sentence was let out a mumble, but clear enough for Wendy to hear. The blonde patted her back in comfort.

 

“Ahem,” the girls at the table looked up. It was Joohyun and her club members.

 

“I hope to receive a vote from you guys!” Joohyun’s eyes not leaving Joy.

 

“Well of course Hyun,” Joy silently cursed at the nickname Seulgi gave, while Wendy nodded in agreement.

 

“Hmm, I don’t know princess. What would we receive in return?” Joy grinned, challenging the brunette.

 

“Well, a wonderful president of course.”

 

“Ehh, I’ll pass.”

 

“Yah Sooyoung!” Joohyun whined.

 

“Yah Joohyun!” Joy mimicked as she got up and walked out the cafeteria.

 

“Ugh so frustrating! Why does she always have to rebel?” Wendy shrugged. Joohyun excused herself and rushed to catch up to Joy.

 

***

 

“Why do you always act like that in front of our friends?” Joy could only laugh at her questions and this feeling of nostalgia. The last time they were on this rooftop, Joy had indirectly confessed her love to Joohyun, but the other girl was too busy in her problems to notice.

 

“Our friends? OUR? Joohyun the last time you sat with OUR friends, was like two years ago!” Joy walked closer to Joohyun, making the latter take a step back.

 

“You know I’ve been busy.”

 

“Yeah, I know Miss Future President.” Joy smiled. There had been nights where she blamed Joohyun for the lack of communication. For the lack of touch, and for the lack of emotions. But we can only blame someone so much, right? Honestly, she wasn’t mad at Joohyun for abandoning them. She had better priorities. The redhead just really loved ticking her off. Not only was Joohyun easily bothered, but she would always end up giving Joy more attention than anyone else. She would keep on bothering Joy until their situation would get fixed up. Also, Joy had to admit that Joohyun was the most beautiful whenever she’d smile after they made up.

 

“How are you going to accuse me of leaving you guys and then just smile so sweetly? I don’t understand you sometimes, Sooyoung.”

 

“Well, if it makes you feel any better… Sometimes I don’t understand you either, Joohyun. And you know I go by Joy now.”

 

“And you should know I go by Irene.” Joy walked up behind Joohyun as she was trying to talk. She could feel Joohyun’s eyes on her as she walked, and as much as Joohyun tried to turn around, Joy placed her hands firmly onto the other girl’s shoulders to keep her still.

 

“But you know I like Joohyun the best.” She leaned in and wrapped her arms around Joohyun’s waist.

 

Times like these are what drive Joy crazy. It took her a great amount of courage to act this way towards Joohyun, because even though Joy was someone who was wild, careless, and confident, she’d lose it all. She was extremely paranoid that Joohyun could hear her heart pounding out her chest. But as she inhaled Joohyun’s sweet scent, her heart slowed down, calming itself. The redhead closed her eyes and placed her chin onto the brunette’s shoulder. They stood in silence, hearing the faint wind every now and then.

 

On the outside Joohyun might’ve seemed calm and collected, but on the inside she was panicking. Her eyes were opened the entire time. She had to control her breathing and heartbeat, because she was too confused on what she should be doing and thinking. I really hope she can’t feel my heart.

 

Joy was about to let out a playful remark as she looked up and faced Joohyun, but instead she became speechless as her face met Joohyun’s. The older of the two, was looking straight into her eyes. There was only a minimal amount of space between the duo. One blink and Joy swore she would’ve tasted her lips. It’s not like she hasn’t kissed her before. Well, during the other times they were crazy drunk. But doesn’t the truth come out when you’re drunk… right? Hell, Joy knew better, but sometimes you had to think certain ways to pleasure the mind and heart. She would feel a little guilty about returning Joohyun’s kisses, but once her lips would touch her own she had no control over her body. Joy loved any variety of alcohol, but nothing could beat the taste of Soju drinking from Joohyun’s lips.

 

They would’ve kissed, if it wasn’t for the -blocker who opened the rooftop door. “Oh, uh, sorry I didn’t know anyone was here, Irene-ssi.” Sure you didn’t, Joy rolled her eyes and backed off of Joohyun.

 

“O-oh, it’s fine. We were just about to leave, right Soo-Joy?” She nodded.

 

“If you don’t mind me asking—“

 

“Oh, but we do, Mark.” Joy interrupted.

 

“Go ahead, Mark.” Joohyun stepped up, glaring at Joy.

 

“What were you guys doing up here?” There were millions of excuses they could’ve used, but Joy knew how much this guy liked Joohyun and she knew how much he made her uncomfortable, so she decided to skip the excuses.

 

“I was trying to get some alone time with Miss Bae so I could make out with my girlfriend in peace, so may you please, just get out of my sight.” Joy smirked, seeing the boy become flushed and she ignored the pain in her stomach that was caused by Joohyun’s elbow.

 

“Why do you have to be so rude sometimes, Sooyoung!?” And maybe Joy enjoyed annoyed and angry Joohyun too much, because instead of being scared, she’d just want to kiss her.

 

“Don’t just smile at me! Why do you---mmmgh” Joy captured Joohyun’s lips with hers. Maybe they got too carried away as Joy made Joohyun walk backwards until her back touched the wall. Her left hand rubbing the older girl’s sides and her right hand pulled up Joohyun’s chin, softly grabbing her neck. Her thumb paused at Joohyun’s pulse. She wasn’t sure if it was her heart or Joohyun’s but she never imagined that she’d take the big step and kiss her, and neither of them were drunk! Joohyun moaned into to where Joy slid in her tongue, things felt like a dream. The red head’s eyebrows scrunched up, being confused. Real? Fake? Real? But when Joohyun placed her palms on her cheeks and pushed her forward, she didn’t care anymore. Sadly, the school bell did the trick on breaking Joohyun out her trance, she quickly pushed Joy off herself. The other girl fell back onto the floor.

 

“ Joohyun, when did you become the Hulk?” She joked and Joohyun wondered why Joy was acting like they didn’t just have a full on make out session a few seconds back. She became a bit angry, wondering if it meant nothing to Joy. Joohyun stormed off, leaving a confused Joy behind. Is she feeling… regret? Joy sadly smiled.

 

***

 

Joy was a bit late to her afternoon class and she thought about ditching the class, but it was the only class she had with Joohyun. She thought that maybe they could get a chance to talk things out, even though they never do so. One kiss couldn’t possible end what they have. Hell she didn’t even know what they had. Friendship? More? Friends with Benefits, who don’t do much but kiss?

 

Their teacher wasn’t so strict, so she got off with being a few minutes tardy. Joy tiredly walked towards the back of the class, where Joohyun was and where her seat was. Joy swore she thanked the teacher everyday for seating Joohyun behind her. The red head turned back and gave her a hesitant smile and wave, and thankfully the other girl returned her gesture.

 

“Was our wittle Joy having some fun?” Her seat partner teased, causing an uneasy in Joohyun’s heart.

 

“Shut up Suzhoe.”

 

“Ouch, snappy. I guess Miss Joy didn’t receive any joy today.” Joy faced Suzy, enough to look at Joohyun through her peripheral view.

 

“Don’t worry, I received enough joy for today.” She smirked and turned back around. Joohyun could only blush.

 

***

 

Joohyun knew that Joy and her friends would be studying at her father’s café. So she made sure to invite her own studying group, making everything seem as a surprise. Luckily, they made it on time and found the group she was looking for. She slowly walked towards them and the closer she got, the more nervous she felt. Every time she’d see the red head, she would think back to their kiss. They haven’t exactly had the time to talk about it, and a part of her thinks they won’t talk about it ever. She wasn’t sure if she was okay with that or not. She noticed that their relationship was much different than the relationship she had with Seulgi and Wendy. It’s like they were more than best friends but less than sisters? Joohyun would try to bring up the topic, but she’d get lost in Joy’s smile and her attention.

 

“Oh Joohyun, you guys are here too?” She heard Wendy ask. Less work for her to do.

 

“Yeah, we were just looking for a table—“

 

“But didn’t you say we’d sit with them—“ Joohyun glared at her friend.

 

“Shut it and go put in your orders. Good for nothings.” She mumbled the last part as she took her seat next to Joy, who had in her headphones. She leaned in a bit closer, hoping to get her attention, but Joy was too busy with her work. She pressed her chest onto Joy’s arm, hoping for anything to work. Everyone knew how big of a ert Joy was.

 

And boy did Joy hold herself back. She had seen Joohyun and her friends enter and prayed that they would somehow meet. Her eyes were glued onto Joohyun’s lips as the brunette was deep in thought. She was hoping for her friend to bring up the kiss, but nothing happened. But she knew Joohyun liked to surprise and be surprised. So everyday Joy would pr

Please log in to read the full chapter