Be my girl?

Be my girl?

Myoui Mina is a popular girl in Seoul University's School of Business. Hailing from Japan, Mina is the class belle of Class 2B. Beautiful, elegant and good in studies, she is also a member of the School of Business' Cheerleading team. It is no surprise that the boys are crazy over her. Well, except for Bang Yongguk. Yongguk is Mina's classmate and he is a handsome but rather introvert boy.

(Classroom)

Himchan and Zelo:"Hi Mina Chan!" *grins and waves as Mina enters the classroom.*

Mina simply smiles politely and took a seat next to her good friend, Momo.

Zelo:" Did you see how she smiled at me, Hyung? Wow! I'm blushing!"

Himchan:"Yeah,right! She's smiling at me, you dork!"

Yongguk rolled his eyes. Besides Himchan and Zelo, his other buddies, Jungup, Youngjae and Daehyun are always trying to impress Mina. 

"Morning Mina! Morning Momo!" Greeted Sana cheerfully as she entered the classroom with Jihyo and Nayeon. The 5 girls, along with Dahyun, Tzuyu, Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon are members of the Business School's cheerleading team. They call themselves "Twice". 

"I'm so excited about the annual inter-school cheerleading competition next month!" Squealed Nayeon, the eldest but most dorkish girl in their team. 

"Yeah! After our defeat last year by Design School's SNSD, we must avenge our loss this year!" Declared Jihyo,the Team Leader, dramatically.

"I can't wait for practice session later!" Added Chaeyoung, a small-sized girl. 

(Indoor Hall)

"Ok, girls!" Announced Jihyo as she clapped her hands to get their attention," if you are done warming up, please gather around!" Jihyo went through the cheorography with the members again. It had been decided that they end their performace with Chaeyoung doing a backflip and landing with a flourish. Jeongyeon and Mina will be the ones supporting Chaeyoung as she excecutes the flip. Soon, Arvil Lavigne's "Girlfriend" could be heard blasting from the portable speakers as the girls excecuted their moves gracefully. As Chaeyoung was halfway through her backflip towards the end...

"Omo!" Shrieked Mina as she slipped on the smooth floor. Losing balance, Mina, Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon crashed heavily to the ground. Luckily, no one was badly hurt. 

"Are you girls ok?" Asked Dahyun as the others rushed foward to help.

Chaeyoung:" yeah, just a little bruise, that's all." 

"Well,well! If it ain't those losers from Twice!" Came a taunting voice from the hall's entrance. It was Sunny from SNSD as she walked in with her team.

"Why don't you all give up now?" Sunny taunted," after all, you can never beat us!" 

"Why you little!" Nayeon began furiously.

"That's enough, Sunny! " Scolded Taeyeon, SNSD's leader. "Jihyo, I apologize for my teammate's rudeness, she speaks without thinking sometimes. Well, may the best team win!" Saying so, Taeyeon led her team to the other end of the hall to practice their routine.

"Chae, I'm so sorry." Sniffed Mina, her eyes suspiciously moist.

"Hey, no problem Unnie!" Smiled Chaeyoung" we can always try again!"

Forcing a smile, Mina nodded. Deep inside, she felt lousy. As a perfectionist, she was worried that she might pull down the team's success with her sloppiness. As she observed the SNSD girls practicing at the other end, she felt an uneasy feeling in her gut.

(Yongguk House)

Mrs.Bang :" Gukkie, do you mind buying back dinner for us?"

Yongguk:" Again, Omma? I thought that you were preparing dinner just now?"

Mrs.Bang :" No sweetie, I was busy marathon watching "Goblin" that I forgot that there is no food left in fridge. Hehe."

"Ok Omma," grumbled Yongguk as he walked out of the house.

(Kim's Eating House)

"3 packets of kimchi fried rice to go please." Said Yongguk as he placed his order at the counter. As he waited for the cook to prepare his order, he heard a familiar voice.

"Ajumma! Another bottle of Soju please!" 

It can't be...

"Mina?" Asked Yongguk as he approached the drunk girl seated at the corner "what are you doing here alone?"

"Drinking, duh!" Snapped Mina. She was obviously still upset about the humiliation she caused her team to suffer at the hall that afternoon.

"Look, I understand that you are unhappy about what happened just now, but it was just a small mistake!" Reasoned Yongguk, " besides, drinking too much is bad for your health."

"Aw, shut up and leave me alone!" Mumbled Mina as she clumsily poured out a shot from her new bottle of Soju and downed the drink in one go.

"That's enough alcohol, Mina!" Declared Yongguk firmly as he snatched the bottle and stood up.

"Ya! Mind your own business will you!" Whined Mina as she stood up unsteadily and tried to grab the bottle which Yongguk raised high above his head, out of her reach. 

"Whoa!" Not noticing a stool in her way, and coupled with her drunkeness, Mina tripped and fell forward. Reacting quickly, Yongguk grabbed her and as the momentum pushed her foward , Mina crashed into Yongguk and their lips touched... and they accidentally kissed! Staring at each other wide-eyed, the unlikely couple froze in shock. Yongguk regained his senses first and broke the kiss. 

"Ahem!" Yongguk cleared his throat and tapped Mina's arms(which were wrapped around his waist) gently.

"Oh!" Mina released her arms and tucked them into pockets, blushing furiously. "Oppa..."

"Erm... I..." Yongguk stared into Mina's Anime girl-like eyes and felt his ears burning and his heart beating as fast as a F1 car's engine. Has he fallen for the Japanese beauty?

"OMGEEEEEEEE!" a loud squeal could be heard from the door. Spinning around, the couple saw Sana holding her face excitedly while Chaeyoung looked on with wide open. 

"Erm...I shall not disturb you girls then!" Yongguk grabbed his takeaway dinner and dashed out of the restaurant as Sana and Chaeyoung rushed over to join Mina. 

(Classroom, the next day)

"Whoaaaa.. someone had a hot date yesterday! No wonder she doesn't want to join me and Jihyo for the movie!" Teased Jeongyeon as Mina walked into the classroom.

"Ehhhh?!" Mina gasped in shock, "That's nonsense!"

"You don't have to pretend, Sana Unnie told us everything!" Giggled Dahyun. Mina glared at Sana as the girl quickly looked away.

"So, how was your 'Chu' with 'Mr. Chu'?" Smiled Nayeon as she puckered up her lips near Mina's face. Poor Mina stared at her shoes as her face turned as red as a tomato.

"Hey, what's up everyone!" Greeted Yongguk as he did a swaggy walk into the classroom, fist-thumping Zelo and Himchan along the way. 

"Oooh.. here comes your deep voiced Prince Charming, Mina!" Teased Jeongyeon as she immitated Yongguk's deep, y voice.

"Kyaaaaa!" An embarassed Mina ran out of the classroom as the girls broke into loud laughter.

(School Library)

Why is my heart beating so fast now? I am usually as cool as ice, why am I so shy when Yongguk Oppa walked in just now? Don't tell me...

"Mina!" Yongguk's voice startled Mina and she jumped. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

Mina adjusted her hair and regained her composture, " it's ok, why are you here Oppa?"

"Erm.. I was wondering if you would like to watch a movie with me this saturday, just you and me?"

"Ehhhhhhh?!" Mina gasped.

"I mean..." Yongguk shifted his weight from leg to leg, " I realised that I have fallen for you, and you have fallen for me after that kiss, so....."

"Ba...baka! Who says I am in love with you, you..you.. thick-skinned punk!" Spluttered Mina as a tell-tale blush made her cheeks glow.

"Will you be my girlfriend, Mina?" Asked Yongguk hopefully.

"Well.... it depends" smiled Mina.

"Depends?" Yongguk scratched his head.

"Let me see, how u gonna treat me! I ain't easy, u better think about it TWICE!" Was the cheekly reply as Mina skipped out of the library, leaving a very confused Yongguk behind.

(Hall, Interschool cheerleading contest)

"And the winner for this year contest is..... Twice from School of Business!" Announced the MC, Miss Narsha. Loud cheers errupted in the hall as the teary eyed Twice members hugged each other in joy. Even Taeyeon came forward and graciously congratulated them. As Nayeon collected the trophy from Narsha, Jihyo took the mic and was about to begin her thank you speech.

"Unnie, may I say a few words please?" Jihyo was baffled but handed the mic to Mina anyway. "Thank you, Yongguk Oppa, could you come over here please?" Yongguk who was sitting in the front row looked on confused. Himchan and Zelo had to pull their Hyung off his and pushed him towards Mina. Mina smiled:" You know, in Japan, there is this tradition called 'Confession' where a guy or girl publicly confesses his or her love for someone and hopes that the person accepts it." Loud cheers and wolf whistles could be heard throughout the hall. Mina continued:" Yongguk Oppa, I like you very much, even before we...k..kissed..at the restaurant. Will you be my boyfriend?" Yongguk looked on stunned as the crowd impatient waited for his reply. He grinned foolishly like a schoolboy in love. 

"Be a man, Hyung! Tell us all your decision!" Yelled Zelo from the stands. 

Stepping forward, Yongguk held Mina's face gently and kissed her passionately as the crowd goes wild. Breaking the kiss, Yongguk smiled, took the mic and answered.

"Yes!"