It's worth a confession

It's Worth a Confession

Seokmin nervously walks through the hallway. Even though the bell has not rung yet, there are already a lot of students in the hallway. It’s too crowded that he almost crushes into a group of freshmen who are running to their class.

Today is the day. 14th February 2016. He is so determined to confess his love to his crush. Kim Mingyu, his best buddy-slash-cousin, kept on bugging him to do that since a month ago. ‘Yah Seokmin-ah! Go confess to her already! Look at me! I’m no longer a lonely boy! Ah~ I love Seulgi so much!’ (in which Seokmin just rolled his eyes and ignored whatever Mingyu said about his new girlfriend.)

Seokmin taps his backpack where a pack of ‘Ferrero Rocher’ is hidden inside and sighs. ‘I got this! You got this Lee Seokmin!’

He keeps on arranging the right words to say in his mind while his eyes are wandering around, looking for certain long-haired girl. He is nearing the lockers when he sees Her.

“If you come to confess to me, I’m sorry to say, but I’m not interested. I am so sorry.” The girl gives an apologetic smile and walks away.

Seokmin is so speechless. He really doesn’t know whether he should be happy or sad because he just witnessed a well famous handsome guy, Wen Junhui, being rejected by the same person he is about to confess.

‘She just rejected Junhui, so what makes me think that she could accept me then?’ Seokmin thinks as he sighs. So he turns on his heels and left for his class.

 

~

Yuna enters her class and quickly heads to her table. She sits on her chair and sighs. Eunbi, Yuna’s seatmate, turns to her direction.

“Yuna yah! Something’s wrong?” When she got no respond from her best friend, the small girl asks again. “You got another confession didn’t you?”

Yuna sighs for nth time and hums. Honestly say, being the best student in school is not a bad thing. But, being that means being popular. And she does not like that at all. Like, she would get confessions from two to three people each day and she would kindly (and awkwardly) turn them down by saying that she is not into relationship at the moment. She is so sick of it honestly.

Yuna knows a lot of girls are kinda mad with her, saying that she’s one ungrateful girl. But what can she do. Out of the guys who have confessed, none of them is actually the guy that she has been waiting for.

The thing is, Yuna has a crush on a guy but no one actually knows about it except for her best friend. Eunbi knows everything about Yuna. They have been best friends ever since forever. There is no secret between them.

“Eunbi-ah. Do you ever think that he will confess?” Yuna suddenly asked.

“I don’t know. If you are lucky, maybe he will. Or maybe not. Whatever, I don’t know.” Eunbi shrugs.

 “Yah! You’re not helping at all.” Yuna sighs again. She quickly fishes out her book from her backpack as the teacher enters the class.

 

~

During their lunch break, the two girls would usually go to the cafeteria together and today is unexceptional. But when they arrive at the cafeteria, Yuna suddenly stops her steps. Eunbi, who is walking behind her, bumps into her back.

“Yah! Why did you stop? You almost break my precious nose!” Eunbi says while rubbing her small nose. She then looks up and follows the direction of Yuna’s eyes. She gasps.

‘Oh My God. Out of all places, why did Seungcheol choose to sit at Yuna’s favourite place today? He is so dead. Yuna is gonna-’ Even before she could finish her thought, Yuna is already standing in front of Seungcheol. Eunbi gasps again. “Yuna -ah! Wait!”

“Excuse me Seungcheol-ssi. Can you please move away? This place is mine.” Yuna has that look on her face as if she wants to kill the jock so badly. That somehow makes Seungcheol to look up from his bibimbap. When he sees her face, he smirks.

‘Did he just smirk at me? What the hell!’ Yuna thought.

“There’s no sign showing that this place is yours. Sorry but not sorry, I’m not going anywhere.”

“Yah! Get up! This is my place! Go eat somewhere else!” Yuna kind of screams out loud. The other students look at them with judging stares. Seungcheol is about to say something when Eunbi quickly pulls Yuna away. Eunbi manages to give Seungcheol an apologetic smile before she drags Yuna to another table which is at another corner of the cafeteria.

“Yah Choi Yuna! What do you think you are doing? People are staring you know? Let’s just sit here today okay?”

“No! I want to sit there! You know it is my favourite place!” Yuna whines.

Eunbi sighs. “Yuna-ah! Stay here! I’m going to get us some foods. Don’t go anywhere, okay? Just don’t move. Don’t do anything. Please. Just don’t!”

“Ugh fine!” Yuna pouts.

 

~

While on the other hand, Seokmin is walking towards the school backyard, his usual place to eat. He opens his lunch box and takes a bite of the egg rolls that his mother made for him. He smiles. ‘Mom’s cook is always the best.’

Little did he knows, there is a certain long-haired girl who is looking at the window, desperately searching for him. Usually, that girl would sit at her usual place, the table beside the large window, during the break so that she can look at Seokmin. At that one and only place, she can watch how cute and adorable Seokmin could be when he eats. At that certain place, the girl would always think of one question that keeps lingering in her mind, ‘Could you be mine?’

 

~

It takes Eunbi a solid 2 minutes to get back to where Yuna is at. She sighs as he looked at the girl in front of her. “Yuna-ah~ Look what I bought! Your favourite black noodles!”

Yuna just ignores her and frowns.

“I’m going to eat this if you don’t stop pouting!”

“Eat it then! I’m not eating! I don’t even have mood to eat right now.” Yuna says and dashes out from the cafeteria.

“Oh well. I’m gonna finish this all by myself then.” Eunbi takes a bite of her black noodles. “Urmmm! This is so delicious!”

 

~

Seokmin nearly chokes to death when someone suddenly takes his half-bitten egg roll from his grip and eats it. His eyes are getting bigger as he looks up at the person. His heart beats rapidly.

With full with egg roll, Yuna says, “Sorry, I am damn hungry but I just couldn’t stand to eat at the cafeteria right now.”

‘What in the world?’ Seokmin thought.

“You don’t mind right?” Even without waiting for Seokmin to answer, she stuffs another egg roll inside .

Seokmin slowly shakes his head. He is too shocked to react. So he just stares at the girl beside him. There was a pregnant silence when Yuna suddenly speaks up. “Seokmin-ssi”

“Y-yes?”

“Don’t you feel lonely eating alone here every day?”

“How did you-”

“Do you like me to accompany you?” Yuna cuts him off.

She stares at him, waiting for his answer. Seokmin is still too overwhelmed with what has just happened so he doesn’t know how to react to that question. When Yuna gets no answer from Seokmin, she averts her eyes to her laps. “It’s okay if you don’t want me to.”

Seokmin blinks at her. ‘What the hell Lee Seokmin?! Say something you idiot!’

“I think I better get going.”

Yuna is about to stands up when Seokmin’s hand quickly grabs her own. She turns to face him again.

“W-wait! S-sorry. I didn’t mean to keep silent like that. I-I freaked out!” Seokmin’s cheeks reddened. “I never thought someone like you would like to talk to someone like me.”

Yuna furrowed her brows. “What do you mean?”

“I-I mean look at you! You’re smart, intelligent, awesome, popular and pretty too, while I’m just nobody. Why would someone who is as popular as you want to be friend with me? A-and this morning, I saw you rejected Junhui. I concluded that if someone as handsome as Junhui could be rejected by you, what about me then. So, I am just so surprised that you actually offer to accompany me here.” Seokmin kind of mumbles those last words.

“Stupid.” Yuna chuckles.

“I’m sorry, what?”

“You’re such a stupid you know? Do you know how long I have been waiting for this? Do you know how hard I pray that the one who confesses his love to me is you? Do you even know that I would always sit on the same place at the cafeteria just to watch you? Do you know that I rejected those guys just because I am waiting for you to confess to me first?”

Seokmin’s eyes can’t get any bigger. Nine words that blurted out from Yuna’s mouth totally caught him off guard. “I am madly in love with you, Lee Seokmin.”

Yuna doesn’t know what actually happens but in a brief second, the both of them are standing in front of someone’s locker, Seokmin’s locker to be exact. Seokmin opens his locker with his trembling hand. When he finally found what he searches for, he grabs the thing and pushes it towards Yuna.

“Here!”

“Chocolates?” Yuna tilts her head, confused.

“Well.. you see. I’ve been crushing on you since freshman year. I thought of confessing this morning but well… after what happened to Junhui, I kinda chickened out.” Seokmin sheepishly smiles. He then kneels down. “Choi Yuna, I am madly in love with you too, would like to be mine?”

“Yes, I would like too.”

~

When Yuna enters her class after the confession, Eunbi is already there, waiting for her. Yuna has a smile plastered on her face which creep the hell out of Eunbi.

“Woah woah. Look at you. What makes you grinning like a mad man? I thought you are mad about that stealing place thingy?”

Yuna giggles. Eunbi raises her eyebrows.

“So, mind telling me what had happened?”

“He finally confessed!” Yuna shows Eunbi the chocolates that Seokmin gave her.

“Oh My God! Congratulations!”

~

Seokmin and Yuna are walking hand in hand towards their own houses. None of them can actually stop smiling from the moment they left the school until now. That is the start of their love life. They love this. The feeling of having the one you like by your side, that is.

‘It’s worth a confession.’