Chapter 1

Immortals

Chapter 1

The beginning

“Honey I want you to get your brother and run don't even look back,” the woman with long black hair and pale skin told her oldest son while holding his hands together. “ mom what about you,” a little voice said looking straight into the woman's eyes. The woman took a deep breath and slowly pushed her son bangs away from his eyes. The little boy gave his mother a sad look hoping his mother would change her mind. “ go get your brother and leave wonho please.” the boy gives his mother a hug and runs to get his brother. He didn't want to ask his mother why they have to leave because all his life his mother told him there will come a time where both boys have to run and hid and she will be gone by then and no matter what they can't come searching for her. As a small boy wonho had million question from who were they hiding from to what does the thing they're running from what. But his mother never said a word other than run and don't turn back. The 12-year-old went to brother room and shook his younger brother to wake up.

“ kyunie wake up we need to go.” he said using light voice, not too scare the younger boy. “ hyung let me sleep I am tired.” the small boy said with a sleepy voice. “ I know but we need to go.” wonho grabbed his brother's hand and shook him to wake up again. Changkyun looked at his brother rubbing his eyes “were are we going.” he said while wonho start putting his coat on him. Changkyun just watched as his older brother rushes around the room getting there shoes. He watched as his brother put clothes in there bags then handing him his bag. “ hyung where's mom.” changkyun asked once he put on his backpack. “ she will meet as there. Come on we need to go.” wonho said grabbing his brother's hand. Both boys made their way outside everything was dark except for the bright moon that shined the night sky. Changkyun got closer to his brother afraid of the dark forest. Wonho noticed his little brother moving closer to him he stopped and kneeled in front of him “kyunie I need you to be brave okay just hold on to my hand and I promise we will make it out of here.” “ where are we going.” the younger asked staring down at his older brother. “ as far from here as possible.” wonho said getting back on his feet he tightens he his grip on changkyun hand to tell him everything will be okay. Changkyun just looked around as if something would jump from the large trees. On their way through the forest wonho kept thinking why were they living in the middle of nowhere. He remembers being 5 when his mom packed their stuff and moved to a small house in the middle of the forest with no one around. worst part he didn't know which way to go back to the city. He just looks around hoping to find something that will lead them to the city.

They walked for 30 minutes and walked as fast as their tiny feet took them when they heard a loud noise coming from the trees. Wonho eyes quickly turned to blue making the whole forest shine he looked around to see where the noise came from. Changkyun hid behind his brother when the noise came closer. “Hyung what's that.” he pointed when he saw something start moving their way. Wonho looked to were changkyun was pointing and saw a man coming there way. “ who's there.” the man yelled he looked around and saw a blue shining light coming from behind one of the tress. After hearing the voice wonho got ready to blast the man if he tries to harm them. The man stopped and took out his flashlight he shined through the forest. He jumped and fell backward when he saw 2 little boys looking at him one whose eyes shine and the other looking at him from behind the taller one. He stood up and looked at the 2 boys shocked. “ who are you.” wonho asked giving the man a dead stare. “ I should be asking that what are 2 little kids doing out in the middle of nowhere at this time.” the man asked he watched as wonho eyes change back to dark brown and pulled his brother from behind him.

“My name is wonho and this is my little brother changkyun,” the 12-year-old said holding a tight grip on his brother's hand. His dark brown eyes wander around the older man studying his every move “ where are your parents?” the man asked looking around his flashlight lighting up the forest. “ hyung I want to go back home.” the man quickly flashed the light at the small boy who spoke. He watched as the older brother brought the younger one closer as a way of saying it's going to be alright. “ okay it seems like there no one here come on I will take you both to the police department. And see what we can do from there.” the man said opening the car. Not letting off his brother hand wonho seat down then pulled the 9-year-old next to him. " By the way, my name is James I am a cop.” the man said starting the car. Wonho nodded he watched as the man started the car and they made their way out of the forest. James looked up at the rear mirror to see how the boys were doing when he caught wonho watching him as if he was watching the man every move. “ so how old are you boys.”  james asked smiling trying to convince both boys mostly wonho he is harmless. “ I am 12 and changkyun his 9.” the man nodded and went back to looking at the road. “ so what are you boys doing out in the forest in this hour.” wonho quickly thought of a lie. “ we got lost walking back from school.” the man nodded again but knew that wasn't the real story. That's when he remembered wonho eyes he didn't know if he was hallucinating but he was sure wonho eyes were blue. He looked back to see if they were blue but looked away when he saw wonho looking at him. The car ride to the police department was quit with wonho holding his little brother closer. Changkyun fell asleep on his brother's shoulder.

The long car ride finally comes to a stop James got of the car and open the door for wonho. He was about to picked changkyun up but wonho pushed him aside. “ don't touch him.” he said waking changkyun up. James just stepped back while changkyun and wonho got of the car. They followed the man into a small building.