Back to Seoul

Unwanted Separation

“You ready?” Yuri linked arms with Nichkhun, while holding a flower bouquet on the other hand

“Whenever you are” Nichkhun smiled at her, and they open the door.

Since it was a little rushing, she didn’t want to make it a big thing, with little people knowing. She didn’t even want her dad to walk down the aisle, with the guests standing up. The only people she invited were the company’s staff, that is, only a handful. Nichkhun’s parents weren’t there, that’s because he didn’t have any parents, and Yuri didn’t even find a need to ask him why. She didn’t wear a wedding dress, just a simple beige knee-length dress she fished out from her cupboard. It was the simplest wedding of a filthy rich company’s daughter in history, for short.

At their first month of being husband and wife, Mr. Kwon left, peacefully beside her daughter, with a smile. But at that time, Nichkhun was overseas in Thailand, doing business, as usual. Yuri never did follow him to business trips around the world. She uses it as an excuse on her mother on why she’s not pregnant yet.

The day after the funeral, Nichkhun reached home and immediately hugged his wife, telling her that it’s going to be okay. Yuri made an effort to hug him back, with a smile, and then gave him a peck on the lips. However, though, she didn’t feel it. It just wasn’t real.

“Yuri-ah, let’s... let’s do it, tonight” Nichkhun stared at her in the eyes as they were lying down side to side.

“No, I’m not ready” Yuri faced away from him

“You said it one month ago, yeobo. Until when do I have to wait? I’m going to Seoul in three days, Yuri-ah. Please, just one, for now,” Nichkhun plead her, as he gently angled her face so that she could look at him in the eyes.

“I said no”

“Then come with me to Seoul,”

“Fine then”

At first the thought of following her husband back to her hometown scared her. Questions came running, the “what ifs” came up to her. She shook it off from her head, and told herself that she’s married now, leading a new life.

............................................................................

When they reached the airport, Nichkhun had to immediately go for a meeting. He told Yuri to get into the hotel first, and relax for a while. However, she didn’t. She asked the person who accompanied them to take the luggage and book into the hotel, while she went somewhere else.