Final

You and Rain

Italic : thought in the past

 

I like rain.

I like you.

I love rainy days.

I love spending rainy days with you.

You, who come to me when the rain just started.

You give me warmth when the rain seems never stopped.

You with your umbrella.

Red umbrella which never letting me drenched in the rain.

--

You and rain.

I like you, who also like the rain.

You give me all the things in this world.

Except one.

That one thing which I desperately want to own.

That precious thing that I don't want to hurt even just a little bit.

Your heart.

You never give me that heart.

You did. Once.

Or not.

Maybe.

 

Well, you love me.

I know. I know it well.

But, it's just a platonic love, isn't it?

"Precious sister."

I know.

But, you don't know.

You already owned this heart since we met for the first time.

Since you gave me that smile.

 

You don't know,

or are you just clueless?

--

You and rain.

I love rain. I love you.

 

I once hated rain.

Till that day.

That precious day.

---

Today is raining again, with some thunders. I hate thunders. Sigh. It's gonna be a long day.

It's raining and it means I'll meet you. You. I want to meet you. I miss you-

 

"Eunha."

That voice has abruptly stopped me from thinking more random things.

"Eunha."

I hear that voice again.

"Eunha?"

I must be crazy.

"Eunha!"

 

I turn my way to look at that person who keep on calling my name. It's you. You’re running to where I'm standing right now, with your red umbrella.

"Aish, why you didn't response. I kept calling you that loud, though."

I don't mind it. You, to keep calling out my name.

"Did I make you wait for so long?"

I could wait for you till the end of this world.

"Eunha?"

"Nope. You didn't."

I smile. I could smile for the entire of my life because of you.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I almost forgot this umbrella, so I had to back to my office. Really, sorry, hmm?"

You smile, but I can see you feel guilty through your eyes. I don't want to see it. Where's that sparkling eyes?

"Sojung, don't be sorry. I'm okay. Really. I could wait for some times too. So, it's really fine."

Don't be sorry, my dear.

“But-“

 

“Sojung, it’s really okay.”

 

"Hmm, alright. Now I'm here, though."

You're right. You're here, with me.

 

Then, you smile again and hold my hands.

"Why your hands are so cold, hmm?" you ask with your gentle voice.

"I don't know if it’s because of this rain or my nervousness," I blurt out of nowhere. Sigh, am I too honest?

"Ah, this rain. It's so cold, though. Come here, Eunha. Could I give you a hug?" you loose the grip on my hands and look at me through my eyes, still with that gentle voice and smile.

You always ask me first if it comes to a hug. I once told that you don't have to ask first. But still, you do it.

"Of course," I smile.

You pulled me into your arms. Hug me tightly till I can't feel the coldness anymore. Caressing my hair. Patting my shoulder and my back for comforting me. Slightly humming with your soft voice.

We stay still like this. I couldn't utter any words. There's no word left in my head. The only sound that I could hear is my own pounding heart and yours. You're so calm and gentle. I might combust if we continue like this and forget that we're now in front of the coffee shop. Well, I don't care and so do you.

 

"Eunha? How's your day?" you break the silence with I'm still in your embrace.

"Nothing special." It's really nothing special. I had to spend about 12 hours without you.

"Hmm? Why?" That gentle voice again.

"I'm just tired."

"Why? Did something happen?"

"Do you want to keep being this clueless?" I don't know where those words are coming from.

I’m too tired and my head can’t think properly.

 

"What? What do you mean?" You pulled away from the hug a bit. You look at me and our eyes meet. You’re still holding my hands.

"I'm tired because of you. Tired of waiting you."

"I made you waiting for so long, didn't I? Eunha, sorry I-"

"When will you realize my feeling, huh? Should I shout it out loud for real?"

Eunha, you really want to say it now, huh?

"Your feeling- what? I don't understand..." You’re looking at me through my eyes, with your clueless expression.

 

I'm staying still, asking to my deepest heart if this is the right time. I keep doubting myself if I should tell you or not. I want to try, but too afraid to know if this silly feeling isn’t reciprocated for real, just like my thought for these years. My head spinning with the thoughts you would go away from me because of this. But, I have to tell you before it's too late and I'll regret it later. Now or never.

"I love you. You fool. Why don't you realize it? I keep giving you hints. This silly feeling, is it too hard for you to realize it?" Then I find myself crying.

"You keep saying I'm just your precious sister. Is that your hint? Are you trying to say that my love isn’t reciprocated? Why didn't you tell me properly, huh? Why-"

Before I could finish my words, your soft lips already touched mine. You kiss me. Our first ever kiss. My world has stopped. I couldn't think or say anything.

 

Your lips still touching mine. We’re smiling through our kisses. I kiss you back, even though I would combust. Your kisses are so chaste and soft and sweet. You're caressing my hair, trying to comfort me that everything will be alright. Then, you lean forward to deepen our kiss.

We pulled away after some passionate kisses. I still can feel your breath on my face. You're smiling while caressing my face with your right hand.

"Eunha, I love you. I love you, I always do. I kept saying that you're just my precious sister because I don't want to hurt you. My love getting deeper and I'm being selfish. I want to always beside you, make you happy. Sorry, if I ever hurt you. Sorry-"

I capture your lips once again to stop you from talking.

"There, you got my kiss."

I pulled away and I see you smiling.

That gentle smile.

I find out myself smiling as well.

I wouldn't stop smiling.

---

It's still raining.

I don't mind, though.

I want it keeps raining.

Because rain means I'll meet you.

 

You and rain.

I love you, I love rain.

------------------

A/N I supposed to continue my wonb fanfic, but seems couldn't. Kinda busy with life. I just can write this wonha one-shot which the story came from some random thoughts. I love rain too.

Enjoy reading^^ looking forward for your comments~