Spell;

Spell

 

Minho is an arrogant prince who is quite fascinated with the idea of magic but keeps it contained because magic is forbidden in his kingdom. Taemin is a special kind of warlock who doesn’t need to verbally recite spells and such and his magic is instantaneous. He ends up in the Capitol to start afresh because rumors of him being a warlock had started to spread in his little village. He starts a quarrel with Minho not knowing that he is the prince and Minho is amused by his mannerism and attracted too (though he won’t admit it and instead just picks on him whenever he sees him around to feast upon Taemin’s adorably haughty reactions). Taemin starts to think deep into the teasing and gets quite affected and flustered and begins to relish all attention he gets from Minho (though he won’t admit it as well).

One day, Taemin ends up saving Minho’s life and he is assigned to be Minho’s manservant as a reward. So now Taemin is stuck with Minho, grumbling yet still looking forward to getting to know more of Minho's sides (because he’s obviously more than just an arrogant handsome face like he usually pretends to be) and Minho gets all the excuses he needs to tease Taemin (and secretly adore him to his heart’s content).

A few days later, they are off to a ride in the woods. As the sun sets, the woods get spooky and the thunder gives Minho’s horse a scare, making him gallop dangerously in blind fear. Taemin saves Minho from a dangerous fall, levitating him in the air and Minho just floats, watching his horse dash by, then looking to Taemin, wide-eyed, bewildered. Taemin sets him behind him upon his horse and the ride back is very, very quiet (also very, very intimate because Taemin can’t ride well and Minho had to hold on tight before just shifting closer and grabbing the reins himself). Taemin’s heart is thumping wild but painfully as well because he fears what Minho might think or do now that his forbidden secret is out. Minho just excuses him for the day and Taemin returns after a sleepless, anxious night to resume his duties. Minho just watched Taemin all day, because he is even more fascinated by Taemin now, but he is oblivious that his silent fascination is making Taemin tense.

Finally, Taemin bursts under the pressure of silence and Minho watches him take it all out before just grabbing him by the shoulders and pulling him into his arms, “What spell did you cast on me?”

“What?”

“I have been falling in love with you slowly yet greatly every day since we’ve met.”

Taemin blushes in his arms, yet is still angry at the allegation, “I have cast nothing!”

Minho just chuckles, holding him tighter, “I know. You would have already taken advantage of me by now if you had.” He paused, “And since you are quite comfortable in my embrace, should I assume you feel the same?”

Taemin immediately wriggles out of Minho’s arms, face red, “Don’t make such groundless assumptions!”

Minho just smirks because no matter what Taemin was spitting out, his unguarded face was an open book of admittance. “You are in love with me, greatly.”

“No, I am not!”

Minho steps closer, and Taemin freezes, because suddenly he is too close, leaning in but Minho halts before his lips are just mere centimeters away from his own and whispers, “I’ll make you speak your love for me soon, my little warlock.” He withdraws and leaves the chamber, smiling to himself in pride and Taemin is just left speechless, his heart beating insanely and he swore because it felt like it was Minho who had cast a spell on him instead.