Part 1

Love Begin Again

Love Begin Again – Part 1

 

Eunji has just finished practicing her dance routine for the exam that is coming in one week. Without she realizing it, she is alone in the practice room. All of her friends went home since earlier. She checked the clock that is hanging in the wall in front of the classroom.

“Omo, it is 10pm already. I better go home now before mom and dad scold me.” She quickly packed up her things and ran out of the classroom. She shrieked when she found someone sitting beside the door. “Ahhh, who are you?”

“E-e-eunji-yah, it’s me, your boyfriend.” Sunggyu immediately stand up when she heard the door open.

“O-oppa, why are you here?” She blinks for some time seeing her boyfriend waiting outside the class for her, while holding to her chest from the shocked.

“Happy 2nd anniversary, Eunji-yah!” Sunggyu hugged her without any more delay.

“Aww, happy 2nd anniversary too, Sunggyu-oppa!” Eunji returned the hug. They were hugging to each other for a couple of minutes, when they hear someone is approaching them. “Sshhh, go inside and hide yourself,” Eunji quickly pushes her boyfriend inside the classroom and closes the door.

“Who is that just now? I hear someone is screaming.” The security guard found Eunji in front of the classroom while searching for someone inside the classroom with the torch he brings. “And why are you still here? It’s past 10pm already, you should go home!”

“O-oh, I don’t know. It’s not me, I don’t hear anyone screaming though. I was just about to go home now.” She stands still in front of the door.

Her school is not an all-girls school, but sometimes she felt like it. The freshmen is separated into two buildings; one for the guys and the other one for the girls. The reason behind that is because the school wants the freshmen to focus on their school first, before any other things. The guys can only visit the girls’ building with an agreement from the teacher; and, vice versa. But, some student who are couples would usually sneak into each other’s building, just like what Sunggyu and Eunji did.

“Then why are you still standing there? Quick, go home!”

“Eummm, you can go first, sir. I forget to take something from my locker inside the class.” Eunji waits for the security guard to go first then open the door to tell Sunggyu that he is safe.

They quickly and soundly went out to the school yard, with Sunggyu still holding a bouquet. Eunji notices the bouquet and her eyes lit up in curiosity. ‘Is it for me?’ She thought, giggling inwardly. Sunggyu noticed that his girlfriend had been staring at the bouquet he was holding for quite some time.

“Guess who this is for.” Sunggyu said, smiling cheekily.

“Eummm… Your mom?” Eunji tried to answer it as clueless as possible, trying to hide her excitement.

“No, silly girl. It’s for you.”

Eunji grinned in satisfaction. Her guess was correct. She took the bouquet and smelled the fragrance of the flowers. “How do you know lavenders are my favorite, oppa?” She grinned while looking up to her boyfriend.

“Yah, I am your boyfriend. How could I miss that little detail?” Sunggyu chuckled, ruffling Eunji’s hair. Eunji simply smiled in return and turned around to smell the lavenders again. “I miss you,” Sunggyu said as he rested his head on Eunji’s shoulder.

“Well, we have been busy with ourselves after all, especially that our exam is coming soon,” the girl said. “Do you want to go out tomorrow to celebrate our 2nd anniversary?”

Eunji didn’t have to look to feel the smile falling from Sunggyu’s face.

“I’m really sorry, Eunji-yah.” Sunggyu rose his head from Eunji’s shoulder and turned to look her.

“Busy again, oppa?”

“No,” he sighed, “this time it’s my parents. They are coming back home after some months working abroad.”

“Oh, then you should be home to welcome them!” Eunji clasped her hands. “I’m sure they miss you, and of course, you miss them, right?” A small chuckle breaks out from Eunji’s mouth. “Do you want me to welcome them tomorrow also?”

“Uhh, I am not sure, Eunji-yah.” Sunggyu said as he rubs his nape. “You know my parents…”

“Yeah, I know, I was just being optimistic.” Eunji grumbled, while Sunggyu sent an apologetic smile to her. “Well, we can always celebrate it anytime though.” She smiled back to Sunggyu.

Sunggyu and Eunji were indeed happy with each other, but they weren’t the happiest couple in this world. Just like any other couple, they face trouble in their relationship. In this case, it’s both of their family.

The two have been in love for about two years now. But still, Sunggyu’s parents did not support their relationship. His parents were successful business people, who owns a leading business entrepreneurship in Korea. Because of this, Sunggyu’s parents planned to match their only child to an arranged marriage with their business partner’s daughter. However, Sunggyu did not want to marry to a girl, whom he will live with for the rest of his life, that he did not love with. Thus, he told his parents that he is in a relationship already. At first, their parent supports the relationship, because Sunggyu lied to his parents that his girlfriend’s family is a rich family and they also own a business somewhere in Korea. However, upon knowing that she came from a rather poor family, Sunggyu’s parents did not support their relationship anymore. And Sunggyu’s relationship with his parents were not as close as before, as Sunggyu still love Eunji for what she has; while his parents want him to marry someone that is in the same degree as him. 

Eunji’s family lives in a small village in the outskirt of Busan. Her parents were not fond of her dream, and thus they totally did not support her of becoming an idol. Her parents sent her to Seoul so that she can study better there and become a business woman. Her parents thinks that becoming an idol is not a guaranteed career. However, Eunji disagree and chose to follow her dream to become an idol and went to a performing art school instead. Because of this, Eunji’s parents assumed that Sunggyu was the one who convinced Eunji to go to a performing art school, so that her path to becoming an idol will be easier for her.

“Oppa, should we decorate your home a bit to welcome your parents? I can help you decorate it tonight before they come home.” Eunji clasped her hand at the idea, looking at Sunggyu with her eyes as bright as the moon was shining tonight.

“Aniyaaa, no need to decorate it. They won’t like it either.” Sunggyu shakes his head fastly.

“Yahhh, they must be expecting a small welcome party from you, you know. They haven’t been home for some months. Let’s go buy some decorations.” Eunji gets up from the bench and pull Sunggyu to a nearby bookstore.

After buying some decorations, Eunji went to Sunggyu’s house to help him with the decorations and she also made a cake for his parents. “Oppa, you just need to put the cake inside the refrigerator tonight and put it out from the refrigerator tomorrow at least 30 minutes before your parents come home.”

“Nae, nae, eomma.” Sunggyu grinned cheekily as he ruffles Eunji’s hair.

“Yah, I’m not your mom, okay!” Eunji hits Sunggyu’s arms lightly.

“Ouchhh, eomma, it hurts.” Sunggyu laughed when Eunji quickly rubs and blow Sunggyu’s arms on where she hits it just now. “Baby, can’t you stay at my house tonight? I’m afraid to sleep alone.” Sunggyu pouts, earning a peck from Eunji.

“What are you afraid of? Ghost?” Eunji laughs softly as she covers as not to wake up the neighborhood.