-

A Whole New World

“What are they doing? It looks like it’s gonna hurt!” a confused screech breaks out in the living room. Four pairs of eyes then turned to look at the source of noise with an even more bewildered look. Bae Joohyun had never heard a silent this loud before. What is happening? Have I said something wrong? With her left hand still pointing accusingly at the tv screen, and eyes blinking rapidly in confusion, she looks at her dongsaengs’ face to search for an answer.

After what feels like hours (it’s just three minutes, they’re being dramatic), and sensing that the older girl is indeed being dead serious, Sooyoung decided to fulfil her role as the remote control bearer, and pause the movie that they are watching. Clearly, whatever that is going on in that movie isn’t as remotely interesting as this situation.

“What do you mean, what are they doing? Obviously, you know what they're doing, right unnie?" the red-haired girl tread the water carefully, observing the look on the Joohyun’s face. It is not a secret in the group about Joohyun’s peculiar expanse of innocence despite being the oldest. Nobody says anything since they respect her private life, and that they believe she’d know enough stuff to survive the cold, harsh world.

But this…this is something they did not expect. Seungwan is just silently observing from the side, with her memory jogged back to their trainee days when they used to hang out with one of the female staff. She remembered that unnie blasting heaps of dirty joke whenever she gets wasted, and the look on Joohyun’s face back then is exactly how she looks right now. Confused eyes and occasional deep thought. She finds it rather endearing, to be honest. Well, its Bae Joohyun, everything about her is endearing in Seungwan’s eyes.

"I uh don't know what's happening? Wh—why? Why are you guys looking at me like that? Is it something serious?" said Joohyun as she shifts around awkwardly under four pair of scrutinising eyes.

“Okay this is getting serious,” Seulgi chimes in, unable to hold herself back in front of this urgent matter, “unnie, let me ask you this, did they not provide you with education class back at your school?”

“Yeah, even I took that class!” says the baffled maknae.

“No. I was—I was exempted from that class,” cue in a varying level of gasps, “my parents don’t think that it was necessary and that it’s bad?” she said perplexedly at the urgency of her dongsaengs voice.

“How is education bad—you know what, this is what is wrong with our society, we refused to talk about something as important and we’d rather be in the dark, because why progress when you can stay in the stone age, and— ‘’

“Okay, okay, hold your inner social warrior voice for a sec, will you KangSseul? We have a situation right now, for god sake,” says Sooyoung, aka the group’s voice of reason, or aka the spawn of the devil as according to Seulgi, “I’m very well aware of your spotless naivete, but unnie, I never thought it is this serious.”

“But…but…but how is it important to me? Is it? Do I need to know?”

Another exasperated gasps and sighs fill in the room once again over that reply. Sooyoung, by now, is beyond frustrated and worried.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT’S NOT—AND YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE OLDEST ONE IN THIS ROOM?! EXCUSE ME?!” that screech signal a riot from the three members, who are talking over each other by now, trying to prove their points to an even more confused Joohyun. Seungwan sighs. This whole thing isn’t going anywhere, and her brain is going fifty miles per hour because holy —does that mean she had never dated before?! Never kiss—oh my god does this mean I have a chance to claim her first kiss?! Dear Lord bless me!

“Alright guys, QUIET!”

The once blaring room is silence in a heartbeat, because wow, what a top-quality vocal that is.

“Guys, we’re not going anywhere like this, unnie can’t hear you over that monstrous hullabaloo, heck not even a single human on this planet can make sense of what you guys are screaming, for god sake!”

“Okay wise girl, how do you reckon we settle this?” said an annoyed Seulgi, with a small sound of protest from the subject of the whole commotion.

“Well, we teach her.”

Joohyun swears she hears cricket sound somewhere in the silent room, yet she fails to comprehend as to why the three girls are just staring blankly at Seungwan. Yeri, who feels oblige as the maknae of the group to break the silence, decides to speak first.

“Are you ing kidding me.” She deadpans, to which an audible gasp can be heard coming from the oldest of Red Velvet.

“KIM YERIM, LANGUAGE!”

“Yah, Son Seungwan how the heck are we supposed to teach her? Is this some sort of your ert fantasy or something? Teach, pff, yeah right.”

“For once, I agree with miss devil right here, how? Just how?”

Seungwan sighs, again. Seriously, these people are the one who’s fussing, and now that she gives them her brilliant idea, they’d pull this act. These ungrateful brats. Of course, there’s no fantasy as Sooyoung claims, no, hers are much…better. Not that anybody should know.

“Well, it’s easy. She didn’t know, we teach her, she knows, case closed, then we can move on with our lives.”

Sooyoung rolls her eyes at the response. Easy. Right. But then something clicks in her mind. Maybe she can play this whole situation to solve the growing problem that she had been witnessing for the past years. A certain problem involving a certain brunette, and an oblivious mother of the group.

“You know what, maybe that could work. But I suggest that we vote on who should teach her. We can’t all do it. It’s gonna be hella confusing for unnie. So, let’s vote, whoever loses should be the teacher.” She said seriously, but the mischief glint in her eyes didn’t go unnoticed by Seungwan. What now?

“Guys didn’t I get a say in this?!” screams a very much frustrated leader. Seriously, they have been talking as if she isn’t there, and what more they’re talking about something she didn’t get. How dare these brats!

After a messy heap of rock, paper, scissors, and an exasperated wailing from Joohyun, the final loser has been decided. Lo and behold, the ultimate sacrifice—I mean forced to volunteer, is none other than Son Seungwan. The smirk on Sooyoung’s face is not subtle at all.

“All right, the loser has been decided. Now go do your teaching and stuff, while the rest of us will go for ice cream,” she said as she drags Yeri and Seulgi with her. Seulgi is trying to protest, claiming that Seungwan probably will need some help in teaching the older, which causes both Sooyoung and Yeri to just roll their eyes into oblivion because how did they end up with two of the most oblivious people in their group?!

Seungwan just watches the whole thing with an amused grin, it is only after she hears the clicking of the door that she realises the gravity of the whole situation.

There she is, in an empty room, a vacant house, with her long-time crush sitting a sofa away, looking at her with that helpless doe eyes, and not to mention she gotta teach that said crush the… art of life. Oh boy, this will be fun.

“Now what?” the older of the two breaks the silence.

“Now, my dear unnie, I’ll show you the world.”

A few moment later, Seungwan had whipped out her laptop and opens up a few pages on google that may *ehem* help with her teaching session. She clamps down her inner turmoil of wanting to jump on the curious figure in front of her. Joohyun is so curious about the countless tabs on Seungwan’s laptop that are filled with lots of unknown English word, and she doubts she will be able to comprehend them even if it’s in Korean.

“Okay, first of all, unnie, what is your preference?”

“My preference of what?” she said confusedly, because as far as she is concerned, her preference was, and still is mint chocolate chip ice cream. Why is Seungwan asking this though?

Noticing what is going on in her unnie’s mind, Seungwan quickly brush that off and specifically asks what is her ual orientation. Whether she is exclusively hetero or did she swing both ways, or if she also swing solely in the other way. Her simple question draws a frown on that pretty face.

“Honestly Seungwan-ah, I don’t know. I’ve never dated before,” speculation confirmed! “but I think I don’t mind what gender the other party is, as long as they are nice, treat me right, and love me for who I am, I will love them with everything I have.”

If it isn’t for the fact that she is on a mission at the moment, she would have glomp on the older girl, crying and confesses her deeply hidden feeling. She can’t do that now, not when the girl is confused as hell, and totally innocent of anything that she had in mind. But then again, Seungwan is just a mere human, and human has their flaws and weaknesses. Which in this case, a certain Bae Joohyun is a kryptonite to a particular Son Seungwan, and being this close to the subject of her dream just evokes her inner boldness.

“Say unnie, have you ever tried kissing before?”

*

Joohyun doesn’t know when or how did she end up in this situation. Sprawls uncomfortably on the sofa, hands pinned down, gentle touches here and there, and being kissed like there is no tomorrow by Seungwan. What begins as a little peck on the lips turns into a full-fledged mouth battle, and she didn’t know who’s winning. She didn’t know what she is doing, Joohyun is merely mimicking whatever that Seungwan does, moving her lips in a slow rhythm while their tongues are fighting for dominance. It is a battle without any winner, really, a raging carnal desire manifest into a physical feat.

Joohyun can’t say she hates it. Seungwan’s touch is so delicate, so tender, as if she is made of glass, and that if she holds her a bit harder, Joohyun will break. It’s overwhelming. She is having a sensory overload with how Seungwan’s hand is gently caressing her bare skin beneath the thin, oversized pyjama top she is wearing. When they part a moment later, due to lack of oxygen, Seungwan basks in the hazy look on the panting girl underneath her. Beautiful. Even with a messy hair, and a dishevelled appearance, she still managed to take Seungwan’s breath away.

Joohyun can’t stand the younger’s gaze so she musters up all her courage to break the heavy silence.

“That was…that is…that is my first—” she managed to stutter out. “Kiss. I know,” Seungwan finishes the sentence for her, unable to stand the endearing sight in front of her. With her eyes closed, she rests her forehead against Joohyun, simply relishing in the moment. A second later, she opens her eyes and releases Joohyun’s hands.

“So how do you like the first lesson, unnie?” Seungwan asks with a sheepish grin. She watches as the said girl stutter, and stumble on her words, she didn’t expect a reply anyway, but come out from Joohyun next catches her off guard.

“I…I like it…” Joohyun trails off, eyes averting from looking at the younger girl. to say she is surprised will be an understatement, Seungwan is pretty sure the thumping in her chest is loud enough for the whole block to hear. Brushing off whatever things that are swimming in her head, Seungwan tries to find a coherent reply to that shocking revelation, only to be cut by the older girl yet again.

“I like it but…I feel weird. What—what is this feeling? Is this normal?”

Seungwan wants to combust. If they are in anime, she would have been ablaze by the sheer innocent of that statement, but now, now she has a bigger situation in hand apparently. So, Son Seungwan did the only logical thing she can brain. Blurting out facts.

“What you are feeling, unnie, is turn on. A very normal reaction when someone touches you intimately. It is a biological reaction, honestly. But that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing,” when the older girl tilts her head confusedly, she continues, “take for example when you don’t like it when someone touches you, no matter how and what, kick them straight on the crotch! Make that motherer regret the day they are born, and fight all the way, AIN’T NOBODY SHOULD TOUCH YOU WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT! YOU HEAR ME!” the thought of someone else, besides her, touching her Joohyun unnecessarily riles her up, she doesn’t even realise she tighten the grip on Joohyun’s arms. Only after the older girl lets out a whine did she come down from her raging reverie, mumbling a small sorry, and trying to get up.

“I didn’t not like it, you know.”

Seungwan stops midway, because of what?!  After blinking a few times at the blushing figure in front of her, she continues, “come again, unnie?”

“I said I didn’t not like it!” Joohyun is close to tears, why did she want her to say it again, it is so embarrassing! “I don’t mind if it’s you…”

Although the last part is merely mumbled out, it still didn’t go unnoticed by the brunette. The beating of her heart is louder than ever, and her brain is going faster than the Shinkansen, trying to process what the older had just said. Because if her read-between-the-line skill is not wrong, Bae Joohyun just beats Son Seungwan in confessing her feeling. It is now or never.

“Joohyun, do you realised what you have just said?” Like a gaping fish out of the water, Joohyun tries to say something, to mend the situation, as the magnitude of what she had said fell onto her. But of course, Seungwan just gotta beat her to it. “Because if I’m not wrong, then the feeling is mutual,” she says as lean back closer to Joohyun, pressing their forehead together, a smile adorning her face.

Joohyun doesn’t know how did they get into this situation, but one thing for sure, she didn’t regret anything, not for a bit.

“So…teach me the rest?”

*

Joohyun is beyond amazed by the speed that they move to their shared bedroom. It feels like she is being teleported in a mere second. One moment they are sprawling on the couch, with Seungwan teaching her how to kiss, and maybe a little confession and stuff, and then she just asked if the younger can continue teaching her. And BAM! Here they are. Not that Joohyun is complaining.

Joohyun can’t help but let out an indistinguishable sound from the back of when Seungwan starts to kiss her rougher than before as soon as they get into the bedroom.  Again, the need of oxygen causes them to part.

“That, unnie, is one form of , which is something that people does before the actual act of ,” she says with a smile. Because hey, as much fun as they are having right now, she still wants the older to know what they are doing, “and no, kissing is not the only thing people do in this stage, want me to show you?”

Joohyun gulps before nodding.

When Seungwan dives in again, Joohyun is bracing herself for another searing kiss, only to be surprised when the said girl latches onto the patch of skin on her neck. It feels weird, but the good kind of weird. She can feel herself getting sensory overload again as Seungwan’s hands snake their way onto her bare skin. Joohyun can’t help but let out another moan, a sound that immediately snaps Seungwan’s thread of self-control.

“This, off,” and there goes Joohyun’s shirt. In that spur of the moment, Joohyun finds herself bouncing on the bed with an ‘ompfh’ after being pushed by Seungwan. She doesn’t even get time to recover when Seungwan goes back to biting and on her neck. This time, with only her bra on, Joohyun feels twice as sensitive than she was before. Seungwan goes lower, and lower, stopping right in front of her chest.

Joohyun is a mess. A beautiful mess. Her hair is sticking in all over the direction, lips redder and poutier from those intense kissing.

“Joohyun, I know that your mind is clouded right now. But I need you to know that there will be no turning back after this point, so if you want to stop, let’s stop now,” the older girl shakes her head, and look at Seungwan with pleading eyes. She sits right up and caresses Joohyun’s face gently before continuing “and I also want you to know that beyond this teaching masks and stuff, my feeling is real. I want this, and I love you. I’ve been in love with you ever since I saw you in that training room years ago. I’ve been in love with you ever since I’ve learned what love is. So, I want you to know that this isn’t just merely a spur of the moment thing for me. I mean everything I did.”

Joohyun is stunned. She is speechless. Just because she has never been in any relationship doesn’t mean she can’t feel. As far as she is concerned, there is always something about Seungwan that makes her feel happy and giddy. She just brushed them off as something sisterly, yet she can’t pinpoint exactly what those feeling is. Up until this point. She feels overwhelmed. Her eyes feel hot all of a sudden, and before she knows it, a string of stray pearls made its way down her face.

If she isn’t so busy crying, she would have laugh at Seungwan’s expression. The girl is panicking the moment she realises the older one is crying. A rope of apologies makes their way out from the younger, for what, Joohyun didn’t know. Between her hiccups, and wanting to laugh, Joohyun decides to speak up, “I’ve like you too. I thought it is just me, I tried to brush it off, but I realised that you make me happy. Even by just your presence, I’m happy. Seungwan-ah, you are not the only one.”

Son Seungwan expected Bae Joohyun to have pushed her away, and run somewhere after that awful confession. She had expected Joohyun to kick her off, and never speak to her anymore. But this. This, she didn’t expect. She didn’t expect Joohyun to reciprocate her feeling, and hug her. The sheer innocent of that hug, contrasting to the intense kiss that they shared just now, astound her, her heart swells with joy.

It isn’t long until they started to get back into *ehem* the education though. She hastily removes her own shirt, leaving both of them in their undergarments by now.

“I’ll make you feel good, Joohyun-ah. And this time, we’d do it properly.”

 

 


Please vote here