Home

Photographer's Dream [ON HOLD]

Three days. It has been three days since Sehun last texted Luhan. Luhan frowns once more as he sat on the bench they last sat. “Is he not coming today, again?”

Ever since that incident, Luhan dared not to reply or explain the situation as he didn’t want to say something wrong once more. Instead, he hoped to meet him in the garden to explain everything to him verbally, but Oh Sehun is nowhere to be seen.

With a sigh, he got up and proceeded to take out his camera and began shooting photographs. However, after just five minutes of shooting, Luhan stopped. He can’t concentrate on his task at hand, and his mind was all clouded with thoughts about his student.

Looking at his smartphone once more, there were still no messages from the boy. He stared at the text that he last sent, and felt a tinge of embarrassment. Luhan cups his warm face and blamed his brother for this.

Stupid Lay, I am never trusting you again, ever. Look at what you’ve done!

Turning to leave, he caught sight of a familiar human being. It is a tall guy wearing an untucked school uniform, and his dark brown hair is tousled.

Surprisingly, Sehun is walking alone with his earphones plugged in; enjoying a cup of vanilla ice cream.

Luhan grins, he must never miss this chance to explain the entire incident to him. He closely follows the boy with a wide smile on his face. Stalking Sehun is child’s game as the boy’s hearing is blocked from the outside world. As they walked, Sehun was still not aware of the follower.

Where is he going? Luhan thought.

Sehun has been walking for ten minutes and Luhan is starting to get lost in his surroundings. He has never been in this place before.

Alas, Sehun stopped and sat on a wooden bench in a park. It’s desertednot even a trace of mankind can be spotted. Sehun’s alone, hands resting on his lap, and head nodding to the beat of the music.

Luhan continued to watch Sehun at a far distance.

Is he dead? Why is he staying still for so long?

The boy was sitting still for a couple of minutes which led Luhan to believe that he is somewhat dead, but more accurately...

He isn’t sleeping, right? I mean, who will sleep in this kind of posture? Luhan then slaps his thigh. There are too many insects down here too! How can Sehun fall asleep then and there?

The elder cannot take it anymore and daringly went forward to see what Sehun is really doing. As he approached closer, his vision becomes clearer.

As soon as Luhan caught sight of the boy’s face, his heart squeezed. Sehun is indeed sleeping.

Luhan then walked over to sit right next to the boy. Aigoo, why are you listening to music at such high volumes. The music was so loud that even Luhan can hear it even without putting on the earphones. After adjusting the volume, Luhan stared at his student.

Boredom kicks in.

“Where have you been all this while?”

Luhan asks the sleeping boy. “You made me worried… naughty punk.”

There was no reply.

Sehun’s breathing slowed down and he slightly opened his mouth. His dark brown hair later sways in the direction of the wind, covering part of his eyes. Sehun is ethereal as always.

Luhan uses his fingers and swipes off a few strands of hair that covered his closed eyes.

He later observed the younger’s eyes, then nose, and afterwards, his lips. There’s a smudge on Sehun’s upper lip which was the leftover traces of the ice-cream.

“Stupid boy, you forgot to clean after you eat?”

Luhan digs his pocket and was elated that his napkin was there. With that, he gently pats on the heart-shaped lip and Sehun’s eyelids flickered by the touch.

“You aren’t pretending to sleep, right?”

There’s no reply again.

He thought for a few minutes, before deciding his next course of action. Luhan narrowed the gap between him and Sehun and planted a kiss on his forehead.

“Where have you been… I miss you… so much.”

That kiss is a greeting.

Sehun’s eyes remained closed, and there were no body movements. With a thumping heart, Luhan left soon after, not wanting to disturb his sleep.

---

Sehun woke up sometime later. He yawned and stretches his arm, before standing up and leave. The clouds are turning dark, and just by the looks of it, there’s a high chance that it will rain.

He got up, but a piece of paper dropped on the floor.

Is this mine?

With a curious expression, he squatted and picked it up. To his surprise, it isn’t a paper. It’s a photograph. A photograph of Sehun sleeping.

Who took a picture of me sleeping?

But damn, I look cute. (lol)

Sehun flipped the photograph to the opposite side, and he gasped.

Hey student,

You’re late for my second class.

Teacher’s angry!!

P.S. Let’s talk.

It’s Luhan.

***

“My parents aren’t home today, so you can come over if you want.”

That was all Sehun remembered after telling Luhan a few days ago. Both of them needed to talk things out after that awkward text message. Thus, Sehun suggested doing it at his home, and Luhan agreed to his request.

*knocks*

Sehun opened the door for his guest, Luhan. “Thanks for inviting me,” the latter said and removed his shoes.

Sehun smiled and introduced his guest to his apartment. It is a two-story bungalow which prompt Luhan to ask lots of questions as it is his first time entering one.

“You must be rich,” Luhan commented after seeing the vast array of porcelains to paintings hung on the walls.

Sehun laughs cheekily, “I’m not rich. My parents are.”

“So… this is your room?” Luhan asks.

Sehun nodded and placed his bag on a wooden stool, before proceeding to the bathroom doors. “I shall shower first as I’m sweaty. You can explore if you want.” Sehun smiles.

Luhan nodded and proceeded to look at the photographs on the wall. There were images of Sehun’s younger days and his family. What a cutie pie.

Luhan then walked to a shelf which contained lots of figurines and merchandises of different sorts. Looks like Sehun is an avid collector too.

All of a sudden, a loud ‘boom’ can be heard and the white lights turned off.

What happened? Did the electricity just die? In this ‘rich’ apartment?

With a worrying face, Luhan screams, “Sehun. Are you there? What happened?”

“I don’t know too!” Sehun shouts. “Can you fetch me my phone? I can’t see anything.”

Luhan barely managed to hear his plea as that bathroom door and water droplets crashing the floor muffled the sound.

So, it is a blackout. Yah, I thought your parents are rich and can afford a better electrical storage. Luhan said in a low voice, sarcastically.

“I don’t know where your phone is. And how can I pass it to you when you are showering?” Luhan replied, a bit annoyed.

How is he even supposed to find that small handheld device when he can’t even know where is his bag right now?

“I didn’t lock the door,” Sehun hesitated.

“Really? You shower without locking the door?” Luhan’s eyes grew wide.

“I-I forgot! I seldom have people in my room, so it’s a habit!” Sehun stutters.

“Wait, I shall help you.”

Luhan tries to find his way around that spacious room but it was too challenging as this was his first time here. He also mentally cursed when his head banged against a concrete wall. Since when was this wall here… Oops, I think I just damaged a thousand-dollar painting. But who cares? Sehun is unable to leave the toilet.

After a series of tiring tries, Luhan unlocks the door where Sehun was kind of ‘trapped’. The first thing that caught Luhan’s attention is the intensity of the bath. Hot steam escapes the small room and it made Luhan want to crack a joke.

“Yah, Sehun. I didn’t know you like hot and steamy baths. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

“Now isn’t the time for that,” Sehun deadpans. “Where are you? I can’t see anything.”

Luhan waves his hands around the pitch-black darkness. “I mean duh. It’s dark, of course you can’t see anything. I am technically blind right now.”

“Not funny, Luhan… I really can’t… WAH. WHERE ARE YOU TOUCHING AT?” Sehun screamed suddenly. The scream was loud. It caught Luhan off guard and he almost falls backward.

“What do you mean?” Luhan asks, confused. “I don’t recall touching anything…”

“Y-Y-You… just touched my… b-belly you idiot.”

“Oh, did I?” Luhan said condescendingly. “It felt like nothing.”

Was that a compliment? No idea…

---

“Are you sure this is the correct place?” Luhan asks once more.

“Yeah, my parents usually place the torchlights here,” Sehun replied.

“I have been rummaging for around ten minutes. There are no torchlights here!” Luhan commented, a bit angry.

With a sigh, Sehun suggested, “Want to lie on my bed?”

“Why?”

“Don’t tell me you want to stand and wait for my parents to be back?”

And therefore, Luhan agreed and they began to find the way to the bed. It is much easier this time as Sehun is around. Also, the both of them are now used to this darkness. Moreover, Sehun is holding the hand of the lost deer and guides him at every step.

“Luhan?” Sehun said. He genuinely felt a bit scared that the former will leave him alone and run off somewhere.

“Yes.”

A few minutes later, Sehun repeated, “Luhan… are you there?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Erm.”

“I am there. Now stop talking.” Luhan adjusted the blankets on the bed. “I am tired. Let’s go to sleep.”

“But I am scared,” Sehun pouts, but Luhan obviously can’t see that cute little pout of his.

“I already told you… I will be here till the next morning. Okay, now go and sleep…”

“I can’t…,” Sehun nudges the boy beside him. Even though Sehun is very close to the boy, he still feels a little afraid of the dark.

Truthfully, Sehun always sleeps with the lights on. His little plush toys were always beside him, but he couldn’t find them in this darkness. Sehun is honestly scared.

“Want me to sing?” Luhan suddenly requested.

“Wow, you can sing?” Sehun said in a high-pitched voice. “Amazing… I didn’t know I had a friend who can sing.”

“I’m not that good though. I practiced singing when I was in second grade, but decided to drop that dream and concentrate on photography instead. Now close your eyes while I bring you to sleep.”

Sehun did as he was told. He closed his eyes and brings the blanket to his neck. As soon as the voice escaped, Luhan’s lips, Sehun felt at ease.

 

Hello angel geurim gata
haneureul bomyeon neoman boyeo
City street lights buri kkeojigo
dari sarajeodo nuni bushin geon
haneuri tteoreoteurin byeol
geuge baro neonikka

 

(Hello angel, you’re like a painting
You’re all I see when I look to the skies
City street lights, even if the lights go out
And the moon disappears, it’s bright because
I have a star that fell from the skies
And it’s you)

   

 

Luhan’s voice is soft like an angel. It is a lullaby that put Sehun to sleep. Within minutes, Sehun stopped talking, and his breathing slowed down. He is now sleeping, because of Luhan’s sweet and calming voice.

***

“OH MY GOD SEHUN. DID YOU…”

A woman’s voice was heard, which awoke the two sleeping guys.

“D-DID YOU… HAVE…”

Sehun rubs his eyes, “Have what, mom?”

“NOOO. I didn’t… He’s a friend!”

Sehun got up. The reason why his mom was crazy in the morning is that Sehun is sleeping half- (covered by a bath towel) with Luhan.

Luhan scratches his neck and later to his chest. “So… hot…”

“OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD.” Sehun’s mother screamed in shock and horror. “HUBBY… Your son just brought another boy home and they are both half- on a bed!”


What do you guys think?? This fic will be ending soon... Maybe one more chapter left >.< Please share this story with your friends if you liked it... Thanks and see you all soon! :)

Credit for lyrics: colorcodedlyrics.com