u n r e q u i t e d

Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She's coming! Get out of the way!" Soobin started to panic as she tries to push her friends, who was currently blocking her way, away from the door of their classroom.


"Ugh! Stop being a coward and confess to her before it's too late!" Yeonjung exclaimed, as she pushed the blonde one forward.


"W-what?! No way! B-besides, she likes someone else.." Soobin mumbles the last sentence and once again tried to push Yeonjung away for the nth time but thanks to Dawon and Dayoung who was supporting the red head's back, they didn't even move an inch.


Footsteps were becoming louder and louder. Small chuckles and a faint conversation was heard when a group of girls was nearly approaching where the girls was, making the blonde one panic once again.


Dayoung rolled her eyes at the smaller one. "For god's sake, go to her!" Because of Dayoung's unexpected strength, she pushed the blonde one a little too much.


Thud!


The girls around them gasped in horror as Soobin collided with one of the incoming girls, making them both stumble on the ground with Soobin on top of the poor lady.


It was like some typical K-Dramas. The surrounding became lighter, small hearts were floating above their heads and it was on slow motion as their eyes meet.


"Ouch.." They said in unison while rubbing their foreheads. Sudden realizations came crashing down in Soobin's mind right at the moment making her eyes grew wide, her cheeks was crimson red..


..And she's really in the verge of crying right there.


"S-sorry! I-i didn't m-mean to!" Soobin quickly got up and helped the poor girl but a girl from her friends beat her to it.


"You should not play games along the corridor! It's in the school rules, you--" the girl with short hair was about to pounce on Soobin, making the blonde one step backwards, when a tall golden retriever like being grabbed her in time. She was just a few inches away from Soobin.


"Hey Sojung, chill.. It was an accident." She said while pulling the flaming Sojung away from Soobin.


"B-but Juyeon! What if--"


"Sojung-ah. I'm fine, okay?"  The fallen girl stepped into action and gave her friend a comforting smile. The girl named Sojung sighed and just nodded in annoyance.


The girl faced Soobin and gave her a warming smile that can melt anyone's heart. 


"It's fine, I'm fine." She said, while rubbing her forehead. Soobin was embarassed and flustered from all of this, she glared at the people who caused this disaster but they were no longer found near the door.


Soobin closed her eyes and sighed in annoyance. "I'm sooo gonna kill them.." she mumbled as her jaws clenched.


She turned around and saw the girl's companions staring at her, especially the one who wanted to attack her earlier. 


If glares can kill, she could be already dead.


She bowed apoligetically. "I'm sorry.."


The girl smiled then patted her head. "I'm fine Soobin-ssi. Accidents happen." She chuckled.


Soobin stared at her in shock. "H-how did y-you know m-my name?" Soobin stuttered once again, making a fool out of herself.


The girl pointed at Soobin's chest, where her name tag was located.


"Oh right, silly me hehe.." she awkwardly laughed while scratching the back of her head.


"Let's go Hyunjung or we're gonna be late again." The one glaring the most gave one last taunting gaze at Soobin before grabbing Hyunjung's hand then she pulled her towards the southern part of the school.


"Yeah yeah Sojung-ah, it's nice to meet you Soobin-ssi!"


Soobin nodded then waved goodbye at the girls. She entered the classroom full of oblivious people of what had happened outside, still in shock and disoriented. Her eyes roam around and spotted her targets. She glared at her friends who was doing the peace sign with their fingers.


"Hehehe.. sorry?"


"You three are so dead!"


--


A few weeks had passed after that embarassing incident, Soobin became more cautious with her surroundings. She did not want to bump on anyone again. Especially any of Chu Sojung's friends or Sojung herself.


They were all in the same year level in Eunkwang High but Chu Sojung, Son Juyeon, Cheng Xiao and Kim Hyunjung were from the elite class. 


"Are you even listening to me, Park Soobin?"


Soobin snap back to reality then looked at the serious looking Dawon. They were at the cafeteria that time, taking their lunch of course.


She was scribbling something in her notebook while staring at the girl she admired for quite a while now who was just a few meters away from them.


Their table was just across from Chu Sojung's table, giving her a clear view of her crush who was laughing along with her close companion.


"H-huh? Can you repeat that?" She said as she returned her gaze at the table earlier with sad eyes.


"I said you need to find a boyfriend.. or a girlfriend rather if you prefer." Dawon smirked, making Yeonjung and Dayoung laughed hysterically.


"W-what!?" Soobin shouted exaggeratedly, staring at her friends in disbelief and eyes wide as saucers.


It captured a lot of attention inside of the cafeteria, including the people in Sojung's table.


Soobin bowed at different directions because of the distubance.


"You should've seen your face! That's what you get for not paying attention." Dayoung smirked at Soobin.


"Oh god, I look like an idiot." Soobin then buried her face on the palm of her hands, hiding away her face from shame.


RIIIIIING


The class bell had rang, signaling that lunch time is over. Soobin quickly stood up and stormed out of the cafeteria.


"Hey Soobin! Wait up!" Her friends shouted as they chased her.


What they didn't know is that Soobin left something valuable of hers.


"Biology is our next class right?" Cheng Xiao asked while they gather their things.


All just groaned in unison while nodding. As they were leaving the cafeteria, Hyunjung spotted something on the other table.


"Huh? What's this?" Hyunjung said as she picked up a small pink notebook.


She flipped to the first page and saw the name of the owner.


Personal Property of Park Soobin


"Soobin from the other day?" she thought.


She noticed that there were stickers on the front page making Hyunjung chuckle. "What is she, five?"


As she was scanning the notebook, she realized it was a diary but the content was all about her crush since the beginning of this school year but it was not clear who was it.


Then a small picture fell out of the notebook. She picked it up and stared at it. Her eyes widen in shock.


"The person she likes is--"


"Hyunjung-ah, come on. You know that Mr. Song doesn't like tardiness." Sojung said while the other two groaned.


Hyynjung quickly placed the picture inside the notebook and went to her friends.


--


"Did anyone of you hid my notebook?" Soobin whispered at her friends. They were still having their class when Soobin realized that her precious notebook was gone.


"I didn't hid it."


"Me either."


Soobin sighed then nodded. For the nth time, she check in her bag, in her desk and in her books, but no notebook was in sight.


"Didn't you write something in it while we were in the cafeteria?" Yeonjung whispered.


Soobin's eyes grew wide then nodded. "I wish they didn't threw it away.. or worse, somebody found and read it." 


--


After their final subject for the day, Soobin quickly rushed to the cafeteria and saw nothing on the table. She also asked the people working in the cafeteria but they didn't see any notebook on any of the table.


Soobin sighed as she walked out of the cafeteria. She was in the verge of crying when-


"There you are!" Hyunjung said while clutching her chest, trying to catch her breathe since she ran all the way from Soobin's classroom.


"I was looking for you but your friends said you left because you were looking for this?" Hyunjung said as she raises up a familiar pink notebook.


"That's my notebook!" Soobin said as she launches forward to get the notebook.


"I'm very well aware that this is your notebook." Hyunjung smirked and gave the notebook to Soobin.


"Y-you read it?" 


"Just the first page with your name imprinted on it." Hyunjung lied, deciding not to humiliate the girl.


Soobin sighed in relief and nodded, very oblivious of Hyunjung's white lie. "Thank you for returning this to me." She bowed.


Hyunjung nodded. "No problem, the stickers were cute by the way."


Soobin's cheeks turned red. Wanting to escape the embarassment, she quickly ran towards the east without another word.


Hyunjung just stared at the running Soobin then chuckled. 


"Cute." she mumbled.

--


Their whole year level was tasked to play soccer, including the elite class which made the other students confident since they think elite students are not that good when it comes to sports.


Well, they're wrong.


With Sojung leading their team and Juyeon as their striker, they scored 3-2 versus the other class. With 3 mins left before the game ends, they were in full defense while the other team tries to enter their field.


Soobin was just one of the spectators of the game since they already played earlier. She was shouting ang cheering for a certain player in the game.


"Jiyeon and Jinsook! Look out!" Sojung shouted as their opponent tries to score but failed because of the class' teamwork and skills.


Out of nowhere, the midfielder Hyunjung stole the ball and quickly ran towards the opponent's goal.


"Hyunjung! Be careful!" Sojung shouted and tried to catch up with Hyunjung to assist her.


Juyeon and Cheng Xiao were well aware of the situation, Juyeon signaled Cheng Xiao to also chase after Hyunjung to help.


When Hyunjung was getting close to the goal, Cheng Xiao signaled her to pass the ball but since Kim Hyunjung wanted to show off her skills, she kicked the ball with full force, making her stumble on the ground.


It was all in slow motion when the goal keeper from the opposing team tried to block the ball but it passes through the goal line, making the score 4-2.


"Goaaal!" Everyone cheered, making them all hyped up.


Sojung, Juyeon and Xiao quickly ran towards Hyunjung who was clutching her chest tightly, catching her breathe. " Hyunjung, I told you to be careful!" 


They helped Hyunjung up. Sojung crouched down to let Hyunjung climb on her back, deciding to give her a piggy back ride since she can't even stand for that long.


Hyunjung wrapped her arms on Sojung's neck while Sojung grabbed both Hyunjung's thighs.


"You know what to say to Mr. Jung, I can handle this." Sojung said to Juyeon and Xiao which they nodded in response.


--


After the game, Soobin decided to wash her face behind the locker room since it's less crowded, while others went to the said room to change for their afternoon classes.


As she was approaching the sink, she heard faint noises behind one of the unused benches. Out of curiousity, she hid behind the wall and peeked.


She saw Hyunjung sobbing uncontrollably while hugging Sojung. Sojung was trying her best to comfort her crying friend. She can't really hear their conversation since the locker room inside was really noisy.


"It hurts, Sojung-ah..." she said while clutching her chest. 


"I know, here drink this. It will help to relieve the pain.." Sojung gave Hyunjung a bottle of water and some pills. Hyunjung shook her head.


"No.."


"But you need this, Hyunjung. Breathing control doesn't work anymore.." Sojung's eyes started to water when Hyunjung pushes the medicine away.


Then, a hand covered Soobin's mouth, making the shorter girl flinch and panic.


"Don't scream, it's just me."


Soobin turned around and saw Juyeon. Son Juyeon is known to be cheerful and friendly in Eunkwang High but for the first time, Soobin saw a serious side of Juyeon.


"Let's give them some privacy, shall we?" Juyeon said as she grabbed Soobin's hand and pulled her towards an unknown direction

 

On the other hand, Cheng Xiao was heading to their secluded area where she knew Sojung was comforting Hyunjung when she saw a familiar tall girl holding hands with a shorter girl. The taller one was pulling the shorter somewhere.

 

"Juyeon?"


--


Juyeon brought Soobin up to the roof top to get some fresh air. They were enjoying the serenity of the rooftop.


Soobin wanted to ask Juyeon if Sojung and Hyunjung are officially together but decided not to. She didn't want to be nosy about other people's lives.


"Isn't it peaceful up here?" Juyeon attempted to open up a topic.


Soobin just nodded. "Y-yeah."


"Uhm.. why did you bring me here?" Soobin asked while staring beyond.


"Hmm.. I just want to share my hidden solace." Juyeon chuckled.


"Oh.." Soobin nodded, not conviced of Juyeon's answer but she didn't complain either.


--


The following weeks was the preparation for their exams. Students were either busy studying or just slacking off. 


Soobin spends her entire free time in the library, studying. Her friends once invited her to the karaoke once but declined. She really wanted to do well this exams to be able to p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter