01/01

One [One-shot]
Please log in to read the full chapter

♥ 택운아 생일축하해! ♥

 

****

 

May 2012

 

Jung Taekwoon was stock still in his seat. His heart was pounding, contrary to his expressionless façade, to which everyone around him had gotten used to. His group members were silent as well; they were usually a very rowdy bunch. Stylists attended to them one by one, making final checks before the group was sent on stage.

 

It was the day VIXX made their official debut.

 

“WE DID IT!”

 

“It feels like a dream…”

 

“Did we really just perform on television?”

 

“I’m gonna call my mum.”

 

“Aww, come here you guys! Group hug!”

 

Taekwoon watched his group mates silently as a tiny smile played on his lips, all while getting pulled into the group hug by his best friend and the team’s leader, Hakyeon.

 

----

 

November 2013

 

It had been a little over a year since VIXX’s debut. While they weren’t one of those groups who shot to fame immediately, they worked hard and earned themselves a reputable title as ‘concept idols’ thanks to the creative and bold concepts they had taken on.

 

The group was currently in the waiting room of the Olympic Gymnastics Arena, preparing for the final stop of their global showcase. Over the course of two months, they had travelled to various cities on a showcase tour, meeting their beloved fans, otherwise known as Starlight.

 

Compared to their debut stage, the members were visibly more relaxed as they lounged around, each engaged in their own activity.

 

“I’m going to the vending machine,” Taekwoon announced, “you guys want anything?”

 

“I’ll come with you, hyung!” Jaehwan stood, while the others conveyed their orders.

 

“How’s your condition today?” Taekwoon asked.

 

The younger vocalist had caught a minor cold when they returned to Korea.

 

 “All good! You heard me during my warm ups, right?”

 

Taekwoon nodded, “but you still sound a little strained. Don’t force yourself, okay? Let me know if I need to cover you.”

 

Jaehwan smiled, “okay, hyung.”

 

The vocalists got the last of the drinks from the vending machine and headed back towards their waiting room. Taekwoon, however, hadn’t noticed a staff member rushing in his direction and collided with her, almost losing grip of the drinks in his hands.

 

“I’m sorry!” Taekwoon’s eyes widened, “are you okay?”

 

He put the drinks on the ground and held out a hand for the girl who had fallen to the ground.

 

“I’m okay,” she didn’t see his outstretched hand and got up on her own.

 

“I’m sorry, I should’ve seen where I was going,” Taekwoon apologized again, “are you hurt anywhere?”

 

When she lifted her head and made eye contact with him, everything around him fell silent, and she was all he could see and hear. He was snapped back to reality by Jaehwan, who was shaking his arm.

 

“…hyung? Hyung! Taekwoonie hyung!”

 

“Oh, uh…sorry, I, uh…”

 

The girl smiled, “I’m okay, I’m not hurt. Good luck on your performance.”

 

She bowed and continued on her way to where she was heading, disappearing from their sight in seconds as she ran down the hallway.

 

“You okay, hyung?” Jaehwan asked.

 

The elder nodded absentmindedly as he stared at the now empty hallway, “who is she? Is she from Jellyfish?”

 

“No, I don’t think she’s from our company,” Jaehwan said, “probably a venue staff member.”

 

He regained his senses and sighed, before picking up the bottles on the ground and went back to their waiting room.

 

While Taekwoon didn’t rule out the possibility of love at first sight, he thought that it was almost impossible that it would happen to him.

 

He didn’t know her name. He didn’t know if he would see her again. But Jung Taekwoon knew that he had fallen for her at first sight.

 

----

 

December 2013

 

VIXX had gotten their first ever trophy on a music show.

 

The members were all in shock when the results were announced. Hakyeon couldn’t even deliver his speech properly because he was crying. When it finally hit Taekwoon, all the emotions he had been holding in for a long time suddenly erupted.

 

Even when they were back in their waiting room, Taekwoon couldn’t stop the tears pouring from his eyes. He was leaning against Hakyeon, who had already stopped crying.

 

It took a while before the group calmed down. They sat down to have their makeup retouched; they still had a fansign to go to.

 

Upon entering the fansign venue, VIXX was greeted by cheers from their fans, who were all congratulating them on the win. They spoke briefly to thank their Starlights, before the signing session commenced.

 

Taekwoon had only seen the girl once, for a brief few seconds, but he remembers her face very clearly. When he spotted her in line, he swore his heart skipped a couple beats. He tried his best to focus on interacting with the other fans while waiting for her to go to him.

 

“You came,” he said while signing, slower than usual, on her album.

 

“You…remember me…?”

 

Taekwoon looked up and smiled, “of course. Our global showcase, that was you, right?”

 

The girl looked shocked, “y-yeah…”

 

“I didn’t know you’re a fan.”

 

“I wasn’t,” she honestly replied, “but after watching the showcase that day, I became a Starlight. Congratulations on today’s win!”

 

“Thank you,” Taekwoon handed her album back, “see you next time, Sora.”

 

----

 

Although Sora didn’t go to every fansign VIXX held, she appeared at least once per promotion period. Sh

Please log in to read the full chapter