Unforgettable Love

The Forgotten Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jennie..." I looked at the culprit.


"Lisa?" Excitement filled within me.


"I'm back." She smiled at me.


"Lisa..." I cannot stop the tears anymore.


"Shh... I'm here..." I welcomed her with a really tight hug.


"Welcome back..."


"I missed you, Jen."


"I missed you too, Lice."

 

 

 

"Yah! Kim Jennie!"


Great. My imagination about me and Lisa's reunion was interrupted. Just great.


"What?" I glared at her.


"I've been calling you for hours. The professor left already and it's lunch time. You're spacing out again. That's a bad habit, Jendeuk." She scolded me.


"I hate you, Chichu. I really do."


"I love you more. Now, come on." She pulled me up from my chair.


"Where are we going?" I lazily followed her.


"Cafeteria, duh." She sarcastically answered. As we reached the cafeteria, we searched for a table then sat. "What do you want to eat? I'll order."


"Anything is fine." She left her seat and ordered. As I was looking around, someone catched my eye. She's laughing like a kid with her friend. She's too loud that everyone was looking at her. She got shy when she noticed her exposure so she stood up and bowed, apologizing for being noisy.


She haven't changed...


She's still that dorky kid...


Nothing changed...


Only the memories...


The memories that are long forgotten...


As usual, I'm just watching her from afar. I cannot be with her side anymore. I guess, this is better. Her gaze laid on me and a staring battle came up. A few moments later, the battle was cut when Jisoo came with our food, so I decided to ignore these feelings building up within me and just ate.

 

 

Seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned to hours, hours turned to days, and days turned to weeks; the exam week was coming so I had to study harder for me to pass. As I was reviewing inside the library, someone approached me but I didn't bother to look up from my reviewer.


"Can I sit here?" I didn't respond although her voice was somewhat familiar. "All the tables are occupied, only this chair across you is available, you know." She continued.


"Yeah, yeah. Do as you please." I heard her sat on the chair after. I kept reading my reviewer but nothing's coming in my head.


Heck. Our proffesor didn't even discuss this.


"You're cuter than I thought." I looked at the girl across me and was startled to see the girl I've been watching from afar sitting there. I unconciously frowned.


So that's why I knew her voice!


"Especially when your eyebrows meet in the middle while you're reading." I blushed on what she said. I tried looking rude and fought her back.


"Are you hitting on me?" She smirked but didn't answer. "Or, you're a stalker?" I smirked back.


"Aren't you the one who has been stalking me ever since I stepped on this university?"


Okay... She caught me...


"N-No, I don't..."


"Y-Yes, you do." She teased me then laughed. "It's not big deal, Jennie-ssi."


"You know me?" I shockingly looked at her.


"You're the only Jennie in this campus, right?" I nodded. She smiled genuinely at me, so again, I blushed. "No need to be shy." She chuckled.


I looked coldly at her and replied, "I'm not shy." then continued reading. An awkward silence engulfed us for a few moments before she broke it.


"Do you know me?"


"I do, you're Lisa. The Thai girl who became famous as soon as she stepped on this uniㅡ"


"Before." She cut me.


"Huh?"


"Did you know me before, Jennie-ssi?" She looked bothered.


I do.


I kept mum.


"Who was Lalisa Manoban to you, Jennie Kim?"


Who's Lalisa Manoban to me...

 


 


6 years ago, last year in middle school 


I was enjoying myself reading my book when our homeroom teacher came in with a new weird-looking but pretty girl tailing him. She's quite tall for our age, that's what I observed, and she's obviously not a Korean at all. 


"Okay class, we have a new student from Thailand. She's a year younger than you so you better treat her well. Lalisa, please introduce yourself." He said, spilling almost everything about the said girl even before she introduced.


"H-Hello... I'm L-Lalisa Manoban from T-Thailand... Please take care of me..." She introduced in light English. You could say that she's uncomfortable with all the stares she was getting. She then looked at me and gave me an echt smile.


"Okay, please sit beside Kim Jennie, the one with the Harry Potter book over there."

 

 

5 years ago, first day of first year high school 


"Jennie unnie!" She hugged me tight.


"Oh, Lisa. How was your vacation?"


"It was great! I missed Thailand, you know. It's been a year since I left my hometown, but I didn't regret going here and meeting you." I blushed.


"You're getting even sweeter now, aren't you? Plus, your Korean improved as well, I'm impressed." I stated, giving her my infamous gummy smile.


"That's because you're a great teacher!" She exclaimed loudly and the people passing by us looked at her. She got shy so she bowed and apologized. I just laughed at her cuteness.

 

 

2 years ago, Jennie's birthday, the day of the accident


"Where are you, Lice?" I asked her through the call while she's driving. Yesterday, I asked her out for a friendly date to celebrate my birthday together.


"I'm on my way there, I swear."


"Faster~" I exclaimed excitedly. I haven't seen her for a week because she was preparing and practicing for her upcoming dance competition, that's why I am this excited.


"I will. Just wait for me, okay? Advance happy birthday for the next century. I love you, Jennie." She laughed then hung up the call.


Today is the day I'm gonna confess my feelings for her. I hope it would go well.


I've been waiting for more than an hour but she has not arrived yet. I tried calling her but she's not answering. A few moments later, the picture frame which has our photo together dropped causing the glass to shatter. I don't know why, but I got so nervous of what's going to happen next. Right after then, Lisa called. I have a bad feeling about this. I answered the call and I heard loud noises such as sirens, people shouting and crying, and some weird rattles.


"Hello? Lisa? Wherㅡ"


"Hello. This is not Lalisa Manoban. I'm one of the nurses taking care of her now. However, I was asked to call her relatives but you're the last person she called to. Are you her mother or sister?"


"Where's L-Lisa? What happened?"


I'm scared...


"Actually, Lalisa got into an accident ㅡ a collision accident between her car and a ten-wheelered truck. Her car got a serious damage as well as herself. Thankfully, she survived the collision but we still don't know what might happen next. Please come here as soon as possible."


I came to the hospital where Lisa got admitted and saw her condition. Her body was full of blood and she obviously hit her head. If she's not breathing, she'd look dead.

 

Then it sunk in me...


This is all my fault.

 

 

A few months ago, second year college 


I never saw Lisa again after that accident. I heard that she was transfered back to Thailand by her family. I never got the chance to at least see her and say goodbye. I don't know how she was doing right now ㅡ if she survived or died. But my love for her haven't changed. That's all I know, I still lov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter