Home Safe

Give Me a Chance

As she got in, she noticed his body was shivering. The knife in her chest from the guilt just turned slightly at the thought of him getting sick. He ran over to the driver’s side and got in while turning the car on. She looked away from him and bit her lip. How could she have been so selfish as to make him stand out in the rain and get drenched so bad?

As he drove away from the supermarket, Pil Suk swear she heard him swear under his breath. “Yo! Coffee girl! I need directions! Or else were never going to get there in time!” He said annoyed.

Pil Suk shot out of her seat and the daze she was in when he yelled at her. “Oh! Umm…turn right here and then make a left at the next light.” She told him still a little spooked from his voice. More silence as he made the turns, which made her feel uneasy.

She turned away and looked out the window as to keep from looking at him. A few more minutes past and they were finally at her house. She stepped out of the car and said something she never thought would come out of . “Would you want to stay for dinner?” She asked. He stood by his car door and looked over the hood at her. She swore he would say no, but he only nodded and walked over to her side. She opened the door to her house and motioned him to follow her inside. Suddenly, two people come rushing at them with frying pans and yelling.

When they see her, they stop. “My God! We thought you were a burglar! We were so worried! Where were you?!” Her mom yelled. Pil Suk looked over at Jungkook as he looked over at her. “It stormed and I didn’t want to walk home so Jungkook picked me up and brought me home.” Pil Suk said fast. Hopefully her mom would buy that and she wouldn’t have to explain anymore. “Did you just say Jungkook?” Her mom asked shocked. Pil Suk nodded and walked over to grab some food. “Famous kpop singer Jungkook?!” Her dad asked shocked.

This time Jungkook nodded with a smile. Pil Suk was shocked herself that he was smiling. She has never seen him smile. He actually looked better when he smiled. She shook her head at that thought. “Oh please, please, come sit down! Pil Suk! Grab him some food! Here Jungkook, you can sit here!” Her mom was going crazy with him. She grabbed a bowl and filled it with the ramen and rice cake, then brought it over to her mom to give it to him. She held out her arm. “What’s wrong? You have arms, give it to him yourself.” Her mom said. Pil Suk glared at Jungkook and sighed annoyed. She swore she saw him give her a smile out of amusement. She got angry and threw the bowl at his side of the table.

“Pil Suk! That is not how we treat our guests!” Her mom yelled. Pil Suk picked up the mess she made and walked over to eat her food. “Jungkook, it is storming really badly out. Why don’t you stay here until the rain dies down? Pil Suk won’t mind I’m sure.” Her mom said. Pil Suk about choked on her food when her mom said this. “Stay here?! Why?! He can drive in this mom! And I do mind!” Pil Suk yelled.

Everyone looked at her with shock. Including Jungkook. Pil Suk was even shocked with what just came out of . She decided to save herself from even more humiliation by getting up and going to her room. “Jungkook, you’re soaking wet still. Let me get you new clothes to change into.” She heard her mom say. She closed her door and sat down on the floor with her back rested against the bed. This was a terrible mistake. How could she have let him into her house and be treated like a servant by her own parents?! This is nonsense! She sat there for a good ten minutes thinking of what to say to her parents when Jungkook spills the beans about their first meeting.