I'm Not Sad

The Apple Collection

“I’m leaving in a few.” Dara said as she packed her things. “Are you finished with that? I’m going to wear them on Get It Beauty.”

 

“Just give me a minute.” Jiyong answered as he continued designing her shoes. “I still need to finish your right shoe.” 

 

“Besides, it’s not easy to finish an artwork when your muse is leaving.” He added as he pouted at her.

 

Dara rolled her eyes and made her way to Jiyong. “Don’t be sad. I’ll be back in a few days anyway.”

 

“DAYS. That’s a lot of hours. That’s a lot of minutes. God I can’t even think about the seconds…” Jiyong whined as Dara sat on his lap.

 

“You complain a lot for someone who’s nearly 30.” She said pinching his cheeks while Jiyong frowned, putting his arms around her waist. 

 

“It’s not easy for me to leave, you know? I know how mopey you get.” She said teasing him. 

 

“Who’s mopey? I’m not mopey.” Jiyong said defensively. Dara laughed. 

 

“Don’t be sad, hmm?” She said as she placed her head on his shoulder. “I really don’t like seeing you sad. It makes me sad.” 

 

Jiyong tightened his embrace. He knows how much she worries. She’s got a lot of things to worry about and he’ll be damned if he’s added to her list.

 

“I’m not sad.” He said to assure her. 

 

Dara lifted her head to look at him. “Really now?” Jiyong nodded.

 

"Prove it then.”

 

Jiyong grabbed the white pen and wrote “I’M NOT SAD” on her shoes. 

 

“There. See? I’m not sad.” Jiyong proudly showed off his artwork with a smile on his face, hoping Dara would buy it.

 

Dara rolled her eyes again and chuckled. He’s such a dork, she thought. “Good. Now stay that way until I get back, okay?” Jiyong nodded.

 

“I’ll just take a shower and I’ll be off.” She kissed his head and got off of Jiyong’s lap.

 

“Okay.” Jiyong replied as he watched Dara make her way to the bathroom, noting the emptiness seeping in. 

 

He sighed and stared at Dara’s shoe before grabbing the red pen.

 

“Pabo-ya” Jiyong said as he scratched out NOT from his artwork. “I’ll always be sad when you’re away.”