fingertips.

fingertips.


Jungkook hates his hands. 

He hates the feel of his fingers touching another, not for the reasons most thinks of but for the reason that despite the gentle way they caress someone's skin, Jungkook's fingertips takes away the happiness and life instead of sending sparks and love because he's a monster. 

He never asked to become a soul reaper. 

It's bleak, lonely, numbing. A bitter feeling resurfacing inside, weighing heavy on his chest everytime he sees everyone else, free to touch. Free of fear. Free to love. 

He wished he'd find someone to love. 

 

... 


A boy sits at the far end of the library, face contorted in concentration and he scribbles on his notebook seriously, glaring intensely at a Math textbook and he doesn't know why he was suddenly enthralled but Jungkook walks over, peeking through his lean back and trying to distinguish what it was that the boy was fussing. 

He was painfully close, could smell his scent of menthol and at the back of his mind he decided this was his new favorite scent. 

Jungkook clears his throat. 

"You're supposed to get the LCD first," He mutters. 

The boy jumps, startled. He looks at Jungkook with caution, a fist clenched to his chest as if he had a heart attack. Jungkook smiled. 

"Jeon Jungkook. Mind if I sit with you? Everywhere's occupied."

The boy scans the library. It's half empty. He nods to the seat in front of him anyway. Jungkook sits down. 

He smiled again as he came face to face with the boy, "You're kind of cute. What's your name?"

Jungkook half expected the boy to be shy, what with his quiet demeanor earlier but instead he was given a confident smile. 

"Teahyung. But you can call me Tae," He starts before he blatantly eyed Jungkook, "You're not pretty bad yourself."

Their eyes shone with amusement. Mirth. Entertainment. 

Jungkook laughs and Taehyung also laughs and it's his new favorite sound. 

"So Math?" Jungkook finally says and Taehyung nods with a laughing smile, eyes crinkling. 

"Math."


... 

  
Jungkook never believed in love at first sight, stupid and naive love at first sight but here he was, unable to take off his eyes from the adorable boy in front of him and he thinks he likes him more than he should. 

He knows he likes Taehyung more than he thinks. 


But then he shouldn't have admitted it early, should've denied it as much as he can because suddenly a familiar flicker caught his attention. 

The flicker of life. Flicker of death. Someone's aura flickering, a call, a sign, a soul demanding to be reaped because they're supposed to die any moment since the start of the flicker. 

Jungkook's smile disappeared. 

It's Taehyung's aura. 


... 


Jungkook's trying to avoid the inevitable, hands in closed leather gloves, no cuddling, no prolonged hugs. 

He chucks it up to himself not being used to skinship and though Taehyung whines and complains, he respects Jungkook's decision, believes him wholeheartedly and Jungkook could feel the stinging ache somewhere in his heart because no matter how much he tries, it was only a matter of time before he has to reap Taehyung's soul. 

Taehyung. 

The jerk with his teasing jabs, his stupid smile and dumb curiosity, his whiny voice and how he's so clingy. How he looks so good in a bandana and his honest efforts. 

Jungkook could not stop the inevitable but he would postpone it as much as he could. 

 

... 

 

The grass tickles even with his shirt shielding his skin, arms spread apart and Taehyung lays at his arm, eyes glued to the dark sky littered with sparkling stars, beautiful crescent moon by their side. 

He'd have to pull back his arm soon, afraid that any longer his touch would affect Taehyung, even with leather skinned jackets. 

Before he could move, Taehyung breaks the comfortable silence. 

"It's kind of amazing you know," He mutters, hands tracing the constellation above, "All these stars, so far away yet very much visible, all unique in its own way. Are they all named or maybe we're missing some more?"

Jungkook shifts, Taehyung faces him with a peaceful smile yet his eyes were bright and determined. Full of dreams. Full of hope. 

"I'd like to know the galaxies someday," Taehyung continues and maybe he already does because his eyes were like galaxies and Jungkook's suddenly out of breath, full of guilt, out of time. 

He feels the flicker of Taehyung's aura seeping into his arm. Slowly. Painfully. Taehyung obliviously unaware. 

The boy cups his face, "What's wrong?"

Jungkook sees the color drain from Taehyung's worried face and he himself pales, hands cold, heart dropping. 

"Nothing I just—" Jungkook almost chokes but he clenches his jaw, his other arm reaching out and finally touching the other boy's face,"—I love you."

Taehyung smiles, lays back down, humming. 

"I love you too," He says back to Jungkook, eyes close, breathing peacefully. Jungkook felt his fingertips tingle. 

 

Taehyung's aura disappears. 

 

 

 

 

 

[a/n]  : from a prompt. kind of short just to get me back the angst lane because angst is life. also i noticed i haven't written bxb so here it is. and yes taekook is love.