Mystery Man

The Star's Dream

"Are you tired?" Moonbyul asked Hyunsik as he was drinking from the water bottle.

He shooked his head. "No, I'm fine Moonbyul ssi."

Moonbyul noticed that the young man was distracted since the start of the workshop.

"You can talk to me about anything oppa." Moonbyul worriedly replied. "Not to brag but I'm a great listener.

The man was confused. Should he mention that his hyung has fallen for her? And why was he bothered by it? He just met this fine lady days ago and he can't possible have fallen for her too.

"Since you insist Byulla ssi, do you believe in love at first sight?"he seriously asked.

She smiled "When I was younger, I thought that its not possible but after I met my ideal man, everything changed."

Hyunsik was not expecting the sudden revelation."Ah. So you already have a boyfriend?"

She shooked her head. "I haven't confessed yet." She smiled at him. "You see, it seems that he doesn't even have a clue that I like him."

"I never thought that someone like you would have this kind of concern."

Moonbyul explained "I'm a normal person like anyone else oppa but I have my own concerns too. You see, I just don't let people know about it. Also, I think he's not yet ready for me."

Hyunsik smiled and assured her "Well he's one heck of a lucky person to have him liked by someone like you. I wish you the best Byulla ssi."

Moonbyul laughed "Instead of me helping you clear your mind of your concerns, it looks like you eased my mind instead."

Hyunsik laughed as well. "I'm happy to be of service to you."

"Do you want to take a break later? I haven't tasted soju yet since I arrived here in South Korea." 

Hyunsik was hesitant. Specially that he's an idol (he doesn't want to be involved in an unsolicited scandal) and his other concern was his friend that has feelings for this lady. "Can I invite my groupmates as well? You see they are your fans as well." 

"Sure. The more the merrier right?"

Hyunsik took his phone and called Eunkwang. "Hyung! Do you guys have schedule tonight?"

"Well only Minhyuk have a late night schedule. Why have you asked?"

"Ah. Too bad he can't join us. Moonbyul ssi is inviting us for drinks tonight."

Eunkwang's voice resonate his joy hearing about the invitation "Are you serious Hyunsik?"

"Why would I joke about this hyung?" Hyunsik assured the leader.

"Alright chat us about the details later okay."

On another location in Seoul, Minhyuk read the group chat. He can't help but feel disappointed since he can't join them tonight. He really wants to spend some time woth her but he needs to accept that it won't be tonight.

"Hyunsik" Minhyuk called his dongsaeng

"Hyung. Have you read the chat?"

"Yes. It's too bad that I can't meet her tonight."

Hyunsik consoles him "Don't worry hyung, we'll find another way so you can meet her."

"Thanks Hyunsik. I'll see you at the dorm later."

"Take care hyung."

Later that night at the bar...

"Hi. My name is Moonbyul. I'm glad to meet you guys again."

Sungjae was surprised "Have you met us before?"

She smiled. " Yes. I've always attended your concerts at Japan for the past 5 years."

Peniel bowed to show his appreciation "Thank you for supporting us all this time."

She shooked her head. "It's me that should thank you instead. Thanks for the beautiful songs that inspired not only me but all of your fans."

Sungjae raised the soju bottle up. "Here's for our beautiful fan!"

Everyone started drinking. 

Changsub offered her a shot "I'm just curios Moonbyul ssi, out of us seven, why was it Hyunsik?"

She took the cup and drank it. "You see, out of the seven of you, he's my bias."

All were suprised. Sungjae drank his shot and said "So you prefer the composer huh?"

Moonbyul nodded. "Yes. He's really good. Also because of him, I studied composing and producing."

Hyunsik is now flushed red not only from drinking but also from the remarks of his leading lady. "I heard that you also compose the OST of your movie, is that true?"

Moonbyul nodded. "I do but I think I still can improve. Will you teach me sunbaenim?" She teased Hyunsik.

Sungjae laughed at her remark "Hyung, I think she's already drunk."

She shook her head. "Nope, I have high tolerance with alcohol."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minhyuk went to the bar that was on the group chat even if he knows that its 3 hours past the meeting. He felt he needed to drink a few shots to lighten his mood. He sat across the bartender.

"Btob!" The bartender exclaimed

"Annyeonghaseyo. A glass of whiskey please." He says after bowing slightly.

The bartender gave him his order. "Your groupmates just left about 30 minutes ago."

"Were they loud?" Minhyuk tried to do small talk.

"Yes they were. But I noticed them because of the lady they were with."

Minhyuk sat properly on the bar stool. "Do you know who she is?"

"I heard they call her Moonbyul ssi. Actually she is still here. I don't know why they left her behind." The bartender point to her table.

Minhyuk looked at where the man pointed and saw her. He rubbed his eyes to ensure that he is not just hallucinating. He stood up and went to her.

"Excuse me. Why are you still here?" He politely asked.

She looked up to see a guy standing by her back. "Sorry, I don't talk to strangers."

He noticed that she's already drunk. "Why did they let you be by yourself?" He somehow pissed off knowing his friends left a drunk lady all by herself.

"I'm fine ajusshi." She tipsily replied "I can even drink some more if I want to."

He stopped her hands from pouring another shot on her glass. "I'll send you home. Get on my back." He positioned himself so he can carry her at his back.

"No ajusshi. Instead of taking me home, just sit down and have some drink with me." She replied before she left asleep with her face on the table. 

He looked worriedly at her. What if some one else saw her and took advantage of her state. As he brushed her bangs off her eyes, he saw her phone ring.

"Hello?" He answered to the caller id "rinko san".

"Oh hi. Are you with Moonbyul san?" Rinko said worriedly.

"Yes. She is still at the bar with me. Although she's already passed out."

"Oh my. Can you please stay until I can get there? I'm about 20 minutes away."

"Yes. Please don't worry. I'll stay by her side until you arrive."

"Oh. Thank you."

He looked at the sleeping beauty. He asked himself how can she be this beautiful even when she's asleep. He stood up and put his coat at her back. After sitting across her, he took her hands and hold it to keep her warm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The blinding sun light woke Moonbyul up. She wondered what had happened last night. Her last recollection is calling Rinko saying that she'll wait for her in the bar.

"Oh, your finally awake." Rinko greeted her as she came in to Moonbyul's bedroom.

She forced herself in sit down. She pressed her temples because of her headache. "What time is it onee san?"

Rinko sat beside her and gave her a cup of hot choco. "It's already past 9."

Moonbyul was suprised that it is already that late in the morning. "Oh my, I'm late for the workshop."

"Don't worry about it. I called the director and told him you're sick. Next time please don't drink too much alright!"

Moonbyul embraced her manager. "Onee san~~~ thank you for saving my ."

"Thank the guy who stayed with you last night. If it weren't for him, you might have not been here right now." Rinko nagged.

Moonbyul was surprised. She remembers that no one stayed with her that night because Mr. Park drove the guys off last night. Mr. Park even offered to drive her home but she declined. "Who was it onee san?"

"Well I was so worried last night that I just took you off. I even forgot to ask his name and thank him."

She tries to recall but the more she thinks, her head ached more. "I think I'm done drinking."

Rinko laughed "Don't make empty promises my dear. Just be careful next time. We are lucky that the handsome guy stayed and didn't do anything bad."

"He's handsome?" Moonbyul asked

Rinko nodded.

Moonbyul lay down again "Too bad that I don't remember him. I'll sleep some more, maybe I'll dream about him." She joked before closing her eyes.