002: Truth

Save Me

“Do you trust me?” I asked her.

“Please…please…take me out of here…” she continued crying.  

 

If there’s anything only a high-class demon like me could do, it’s to… run. I removed both her hands from my waist and dragged her away as we escape from the lowly demon. If I was alone I could have killed him instantly but I couldn’t just transform in front of a human…let alone kill someone in front of her. I just couldn’t. Imagine how much terror she’d have to deal with.

 

I know running was no use, so I’ll have to use my other option… an ability not even lowly demons like him could do… and it’s to hide.

 

“Ssssh, stop crying or he’ll hear us.” I looked at her. We were hiding inside a garbage bin. It’s stuffy, and smelly at the same time but it’ll confuse the scent. My fox bead’s a lot stronger than all the other demons that’s why they can tell right away without me transforming.

 

“I know you’re in here somewhere. You think you can hide with that human? Miri has all the others scattered everywhere to hunt every …single… member… of your clan.” He said. I hope Jin and Jk got home safe. I know Jungkook can stop Jin’s hunger tonight… they just have to stay together. 

 

“I need you to do something for me…” I whispered. She nodded with her eyes closed.

“Just keep your eyes closed. I’ll lure him away and come back for you okay? Whatever happens, no matter what you hear… do not open your eyes, do not try to run away… just wait ‘till I get back… okay? Stay strong.” I whispered and she just nodded while tears escaped her eyes nonstop.

 

I went out to face the demon. I had to stop him before he draws attention, the blood moon is coming and I have to get to the barracks before that happens.

 

“So you finally decided to face me now? You look funny without your tail.” He teased.

 

“Wrong move. No one… messes with my tail. Take this!” I warned him and with just one strike of my tail, he vanished without a trace. I don’t really like revealing all my 9 tails but I can’t help it everytime I get pissed.

 

I took a deep breath before going back to normal. I went back to miss pink hoodie who was still praying with her eyes closed. She seems to follow instructions pretty well.

“Hey… hey.. it’s okay now. He’s gone.” I said, she slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. She was still shedding tears but she smiled…and it was the first time I have seen a sincere smile. A smile that’s full of joy, it’s so welcoming… like it was very happy to see me.

 

I helped her get out of the large garbage bin, it’s funny but we kind of smell dirty now. She took a deep breath, got her handkerchief and wiped her face. Her eyes got all puffy after all those tears, she was finally able to compose herself.

 

“Uhh… I don’t know what to say. I still don’t know what happened though… what we saw, why was he mad, why did it have to be me…”

 

“It’s a demon… I know it’s hard to believe. But what you saw just now was real… and we have to get somewhere safe now before midnight strikes.”

 

“What?? Why? Do you know them?” she started asking.

 

“I’ll explain everything later, for now… let’s go.” I said and offered my hand. She hesitated at first but she has no other options.

 

I took her to the barracks. I know she’ll be safe with the three of us here. She has my scent now and I know more demons will find her.

 

“Hyung…why…” Jungkook was surprised to see the little human beside me.

“A demon attacked her, they’re starting. We better get going.” I told him. Jin was just sitting at the corner listening to us. After all the blood moons we’ve been through, I could say Jin was getting better in controlling his hunger. He’s a little calmer today.

 

“Wait… what’s happening. What are you guys?” she was starting to panic again.

 

“I realized… I don’t know your name yet.” I changed the topic. I asked Jungkook for a towel and some extra clothes.

“Uhh..i’m Park Chae Young. I am a costume designer.” She said.

“I’m TaeHyung, my cousins Jin and Jungkook… we’re…”

“I know you guys… you performed earlier right? You’re BTS.” she replied. I handed her the towel. I was a bit disappointed she wasn’t a fan, but I’m relieved somehow.

 

“There’s a shower room in the room before the stairs, you might want to freshen up a bit. Uhmm, here… we don’t have anything else…” I gave her a pair of night-clothes.

 

“It’s okay, I have clothes here in my bag. I am used to bringing some extra stuffs with me in case I don’t finish my costumes in time and have to sleep over…” she explained before heading to the bathroom.

 

“Okay… I’m waiting for your explanation.” Jin started.

 

“She saw my tail… she saw me in my true form when we were on break earlier after the rehearsals..”

 

“What??! How could you be so careless!” Jin scolded.

“Relax.. she thought it was a costume and didn’t cause a scene. Anyway… when I left the building, I saw her with the demon. So we ran and hid in the trash…which explains the smell.” They were finally starting to catch up. It’s hard to convince these two.  

 

“You know very well what happens when a woman sees your tail.” Jungkook said. Well yes I do know what happens… but she didn’t actually see me transform, and she didn’t think it was a real thing so I think it doesn’t count.

 

“So??? What’s your plan?” Jungkook asked. I looked outside and the moon was getting brighter.

“For now, let’s stick to the plan until Jin is safe.”

“What about her? Are you certain she’ll be safe here?” Jin was against the idea.

 

“Why won’t I be safe?” Chae Young suddenly appeared behind me. She needs to stop making these sudden appearances if she wanted to be safe.

 

“It’s because…” I was having second thoughts if I should tell her the truth or not.

“You’re in a house full of demons.” Jungkook just dropped the bomb.

 

I was expecting her to be angry, scared, screaming or begging for her life but no… she was just “Ahh, I see…” She even took her time to drying her hair.

 

“Didn’t you hear me? You’re in a house full of demons… us… three, we’re demons.” Jungkook explained.

“I heard you… “ she answered calmly.

“Aren’t you scared?” Jungkook asked.

“I’ve heard about demons ever since I was young, my aunt had an encounter with a demon before. She said it has long fluffy tail, blue eyes and a scar on his left cheek…but instead of harming her, he actually helped her..” Jin, Jungkook and I exchanged glances when we realized she was describing Jin’s father.

 

“Your aunt? Where’s your aunt now?”  I asked.

“She disappeared all of a sudden… she said she just saw the most beautiful thing she has ever seen in her life… and left without a trace. My mother told me she got married but I don’t know to whom or where they are now.” Chae Young answered while brushing her hair. I was amazed by how she got so much stuff in her bag, she’s got everything she needs.

 

“Are you not afraid even just one bit? You could get hurt you know…” Jin warned her but she just smiled and looked at him.

 

“Well, if you say so… This demon with a fluffy tail just saved me from another demon. Why would he save me if he intends to kill me too?” Chae Young reasoned out. She has a point though…

 

“Even people fight when it comes to food… we demons get in trouble mostly because of food. In fact, I still didn’t have my dinner.” Jin was really starting to scare her.

 

“Food? I’m food? Okay… I understand… you don’t want me here. I didn’t really want to come here. I just don’t have any choice… well, I’m sorry for rudely interrupting your family reunion. I better get going.” Chae Young said, grabbed her bag and headed to the door but I stopped her.

 

“You can’t leave.” I said.

“Why?” She looked angry.

“Because you’re mine.” I said.

 

 “Are you crazy? Why would you even think that? I don’t even know you.” She replied, she was getting annoyed. She might think we’re bunch of weirdos trying to make fun of her.

 

I had no choice to but to show her my true form, it’s too late to back out now. She’s seen too much already.

 

“Woah… okay… that’s…that’s…”

 

“Taehyung are you crazy??” Jin was mad now. Jungkook stopped Jin and tried to keep him in his chair.

“Relax hyung… she’s seen it already. She owns him now.” Jungkook sighed.

 

I looked at Chae Young carefully. I was expecting to hear her scream, but she just cried.

 

“You… it’s you… you’re the demon that kidnapped my aunt aren’t you?” She accused me.

“No… it was Jin’s father, my uncle who married your Aunt.” I explained, her eyes widen when it met mine. Her big brown eyes tells me she’s scared.

“She…she married a de…demon?” She was stuttering and took a step back. She was reaching for the door.

 

“When a mortal sees us in our true form, we form an unbreakable bond.” Jungkook explained. He might be young, but he’s the most matured fox I have ever seen in my whole 800 years of living.

 

“Your aunt saw my uncle in his true form when the portal was opened. That bond will keep them together no matter what.”

 

“But…but… why? What if you saw it by accident? Aren’t there any female demons in your place? Why does it have to be a human?”

 

“Humans are lowly beings, but they possess something us demons couldn’t understand. Besides, our fox beads are looking for its match.”

 

“Does it work with men? Like human male…boys…men…”

“We’ve been very careful everytime we transform but women are so clumsy, and you… you just keep on appearing out of nowhere.”  I told her.

“Okaay… Unbreakable bond? Mortal? Demons? I think I’m going to be sick.” Chae Young said before she fainted. I caught her in my arms and placed her on the couch. I went back to my human form before I could attract other demons with my energy.

 

“You have to stop it hyung, you did well before.” Jungkook looked outside. A few more hours until blood moon’s over.

 

RIIIIINNNNGGGGGGGG

 

“Hello?”

“Taehyung, where are you guys? The dorm’s a little quiet without you guys.”

“Ugh we have some urgent family matters to attend to hyung, we’ll be back tomorrow afternoon.”

“Great, see you guys tomorrow then.” End

 

 

“It’s Hoseok. He said the dorm’s a little quiet than usual.” I said.

“Hyung… are you okay?” Jungkook asked, Jin was struggling. I better put Chae Young somewhere safe. It’s hard to resist hunger when there’s food in front of you. No… she’s not food TaeHyung… she’s not food.

 

She was snoring when I placed her on my bed upstairs. I saw the bruise in her wrist, that demon must have held her wrist too tight. I closed the windows and curtains and left the lamplight on before leaving.

 

“Hyung… help me.” Jungkook called, when I arrived in the living room, Jin was already transforming. His eyes were burning red already and his nails were starting to cut Jungkook’s arms.

 

“Jin… stop it. Jin… hey. Look at me. Look at me. You can do it. You can do it.” I tried to calm him down.

“I can do it.” Jin repeated.

“That’s right… you can stop it. Breathe.” I said and he closed his eyes. We were holding him tight for who knows how long. Jungkook was already bleeding but he’ll be fine. I could see how Jin was struggling, his inner demon side is a lot more aggressive tonight. Good thing Jin knows how to listen.

 

After two hours of trying to calm him down, he finally managed to return to his human form and before we know it… blood moon was almost over.

 

Jungkook and I had bruises and cuts all over but it’ll heal in no time. It’s better than having to chase him somewhere, it’ll attract more demons.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay now?” I asked Jin. He smiled and he was his usual goofy self again.

“Hey, you’re not gonna take your revenge on me aren’t you? I swear those cuts were unintentional.” Jin explained while looking at Jungkook taking off his shirt with bloodstains.

“I’ll forgive you this time, but… you owe me one.” Jungkook joked.

 

“Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!”