Happiness in Place

Before Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you think you're doing here?"

I gulped and looked behind

"What do you think? This is my home" I said trying to make a brave face

"Your sarcasm really never dies" Jungkook jokingly shook his head

"I mean why this part of the palace." Jungkook took my arm and walked me back to my room. His grip was tight and his stare was intense. If looks could kill I'd be dead by now.

"Let me go!" I struggled my arm away and he let it go with force that it hurt a bit. It remembered me of being bullied back in school. The girls would always pick on me. And no one was brave enough to stand up to them except for my friends.

"Thank you" He stopped in his tracks and turned to me, raising an eyebrow. He must think I'm weird.

"For what?"

"For standing up those bullies." I gave him a sincere smile 

"Bullies?" Jungkook furrowed his brows in confusion 

"I know you may not know it but you saved me and I'm thankful for that." I engulfed him into a hug that left him in shock. My head was resting against his hard chest and took a few minutes to silently admire his wonderful body. What?! , I can't have this thoughts.

Someone coughed behind Jungkook and I pulled back, cheeks flushing with embarrassment. A woman was standing in front of us. She had fair skin that shown brightly in the sun, her eyes were mesmerizing black, her nose made a cute shape as she beamed at us and the corners of her lips lifted up. 

"Seyi! Jungkook!" The woman called and ran towards us. The mood escalated quickly from awkward to happy. I was hugged by the woman and she kissed my cheek. "It's been a long time since we saw each other. I missed you so much! As soon as we heard you lost your memories, me and my father came here as soon as possible. Are you okay? Are you feeling well now? Have you recovered your memories?" Her smile faded and contorted into a worried frown.

"Yah, Seul you just came here dropping a bomb of questions. Give her time to answer that." Jungkook said

Seul scoffed and analyzed Jungkook's face carefully and then her eyes widened

"Oh my gosh! Since when did you care about Seyi? Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh" She repeatedly mumbled the same words over and over while her fist was clenched on her lips dramatically looking down. Me and Jungkook exchanged looks and he smiled a bit. Or am I being delusional?

"I knew it! I knew you always liked Seyi! You've been crushing on her for years but you still don't have the balls to do it. You thought I didn't see the way you look at her? Well many of us do, the adults and elders planned to get you two married when you both grow up. " Seul said rather loudly for the whole palace to hear My cheeks flushed furiously making me look like a tomato and Jungkook's eyes widened as his cheeks turned red while Seul laughed at our reaction.

"What-" Jungkook tried to form a sentence despite of embarrassment but failed miserably.

"You will have a lot of competitors for my cousin's heart and I'm wishing good luck to you because you're the only man I trust that will never hurt her. Can you promise that?" She asked Jungkook with a serious face on, putting him in the spot.

"I-I gotta go now. We have to do some rounds uhm uhm training. So see you later." He said quickly as he stumbled over words and bowed at us. He looked cute when he's embarrassed. Seul and I bowed to him in return.

 

***

 

I walked together with Seul side by side as maids passed by and bowed. Seul gave them a nod with a smile. I looked at her secretly to copy her moves. But a question keeps bothering me in my mind, contemplating whether to ask it or not. When I finally decided to ask her my question, Seul suddenly spoke: "I'm sorry if I'm a bit too dramatic or overreacting earlier. I don't even know how you put up with me all this years with my weird personality. People say I'm always happy and it's not gonna end well for me, that I need a taste of sadness but they don't know what I've been through." She stopped walking and I stopped then she looked at me smiled, a sad one.

"I want to open up to you. Because you're like the only one I could rely on. You've been the sister that I never had. We're gonna build a new friendship as you made a new life. I'm gonna ask you this. Can you be my friend?" Seul looked at me hopefully. Her asking to be my friend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter