come give me your love

There's no need for words

 

Dongyoung mentally sighs. He's been voicing out that he's sad and disappointed with today's outcome and it's a little tiring that with how many times he's been heard by people around him, still nothing actually exciting happens to him. They are not genies nor your servants, Dongyoung. They are not obliged to make you enjoy life.

"Do you want me to walk you to the waiting shed down the street?" Sicheng mumbles and the older finally remembers why he's here, in front of a stranger's house, miles away from home, thousands of steps away from bed.

 

He shakes his head and brings a hand to the younger's hair and it. “Nah, I won’t leave you alone.” Sicheng contorts his already frowning face and Doyoung frowns too. He remembers making it a goal to see Sicheng genuinely smile tonight. “It’s not like you can make it on your own.”

 

They look at the people swaying as they walk, clad in their cheap costumes. Sicheng subtly freezes when they spot a lady dressed in black with the wrong tone of foundation on her face, approaching them. It was only when she walks past them did Sicheng exhales the breath he’s unconsciously holding in.

 

“They’re just costumes, child.” Dongyoung jokes, and once again, the younger grimaces.

 

“I know.”

 

Silence wraps herself around them again that night and thoughts run up Dongyoung’s mind. He really should’ve not declined Taeyong’s discounted offer on that Horror Campus Tour, or skip Yuta’s match, or ditch Ten in their org’s own halloween party. He regrets, yet at the same time he doesn’t. It’s a mess, he feels like a mess. So he shouts, “Ya, Wong Jian. When will you get out? I wanna go home already.” The last parts came out more of like a plea and a whisper.

 

For the long minutes they’re seated outside, Dongyoung’s been reminded of many things but he can’t remember why he’s also waiting for Sicheng’s childhood friend. He can’t think of the reason why he chose to freeze outside on another town, watching people party in and out of this frat house.

 

“Let me walk you to the station.” Sicheng insists, moving to stand up already but is stopped by Dongyoung’s hand.

 

“I told you, I’m not leaving you alone.”

 

“But she’s taking too long and-”

 

Dongyoung raises his voice, “You’re too scared to be left alone, unguarded.”, afraid that the music from the house is competing with him. Blocking Sicheng’s ears, blocking his own ears.

 

His goal is to see Sicheng genuinely smile tonight, at least once, yet all he’s been doing is add anxiousness in the younger's eyes and let those quivering lips frown some more. He’s messier than the lawn presented to them at the moment.

 

He goes back to caressing Sicheng’s locks. A silent apology. Apparently, that’s what Dongyoung is good at; let his limbs do the talking more than his mouth. “Your demon horns are already slanting.” The frowning between the two of them continues as he settles on removing the headdress for the younger. He bites his lips, grinning as he eyes how messy Sicheng is, too. His hair disheveled from all the playing and slight pulling the older has done, his face makeup is at the point of fading with only faint blotches of white here and there; and the misplaced red lines situated on both ends of his lips. Sicheng’s costume is really confusing though, he’s got a devil’s horn and tail then there’s also those bloody streaks of red on his chin.

 

“Cute.” He mumbles and the younger hums, staring at him. Dongyoung clears his throat and looks away, “ The girl in yellow is cute.” he excuses.

 

Both of them turn their gazes to the skipping teenager that just got out of the house.

 

“Her prosthetic makeup looks like they’re just rolled and colored tissue papers.”

 

Dongyoung lets his chuckles be heard at Sicheng’s comment. The younger looks back up at him and smiles a little. “Why do you know so much about prosthetics?”

 

“I am friends with Taeyong.” Sicheng replies. Waves in his forehead and eyebrows so near to colliding with each other, a look that says Do you still have to ask?, and with that Dongyoung just nods his head.

 

The amount of silences they shared for the past twenty minutes are more than the food Dongyoung has consumed that day. And that thought is already eating him up as he makes himself believe that 90% of those aren’t awkward at all. Nothing’s awkward, he’s with Sicheng. Just Sicheng.

 

“When will your girlfriend leave the party?” Now he’s just talking for fillers. He knows there’s nothing going on between Sicheng and Jian, knows that if ever there is… it’s only one sided.

 

Clearly flustered and blushing, Sicheng hits his shoulder. “Shut up, she’s not my girlfriend.”

 

Dongyoung hums.

 

“I just can’t let her stay somewhere far from home, alone. And this late. I’m practically in charge of her when it comes to university related stuff; I forced her to be in the same school as me.”

 

“I didn’t know parties are ‘university related stuff’ and wow, you’re so clingy.” A pause. “You’re proclaiming yourself as her guardian when she does not need one because you like her.” Dongyoung scoffs before inhaling deeply. He inhales the foggy, autumn air and the fact that he too is just like Sicheng. So he chokes, chokes on air because he, too, is like Sicheng; helplessly in love with their best friends

 

Another loud smack is heard by the people passing by. Sicheng mumbles something in chinese, rolling his eyes but there’s a small, faint smile on his face. It’s confusing, everything about Sicheng right now is confusing. He’s so confused so he shuts up and drowns in his own thoughts. Lets them drown in silence once again.

 

The younger pulls out his phone, probably to contact Jian. Dongyoung just sits there stiffly, with Sicheng’s head rested on his lap. He looks left and right, analyzes the surroundings and observes other humans interact. Then he spots it, two men pushing a large outdoor garbage cart. He follows the cart and the men with his gaze and ponders if it’s just their costume concept or actually their jobs.

 

“There’s my ride.” he blurts.

 

 

“Huh?”

 

Dongyoung points towards the men and the cart. “They’re here to get me already.”

 

Sicheng turns to look at where the older is pointing at then back at Dongyoung. He blinks at him and Dongyoung gulps, suddenly nervous for no reason. Two seconds passed before chuckles are heard from the younger. “They’re approaching now. Want me to throw you in myself?”

 

“Yes, please.”

 

Sicheng laughs louder this time and Doyoung joins him.

 

A girl in all black comes running to them while waving. Dongyoung taps on Sicheng’s shoulder and the younger immediately gets up. Jian approaches them with a bright smile that contrast her outfit. “Hey, I’m sorry I took so long.” Dongyoung grins as he shakes his head, a little bit worried that his words earlier were heard by her. “The girls wouldn’t let me leave, I just managed to escape when they all gathered around the drinking game happening somewhere inside.”

 

The two male stands up as they assure her that there’s no problem with waiting at all. They’re the ones to leave the house as soon as they’re satisfied with the amounts of drinks they’ve had - which is just a small number compared to Dongyoung’s regular alcohol intake for parties. The three of them walk together for a few good minutes before they part in an intersection where Dongyoung decides to go left, decides to give Sicheng some alone time with his long time crush.

 

“I’m headed to Johnny’s. Yuta said he’ll kill me there, I can’t wait to die on a full moon.”

 

“You’re so weird, why are friends again?” Sicheng whines and Jian laughs in adoration at them both.