Favoritism

Ever So Gently
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We were thinking about setting up the camera here and filming that way,” said the producer to Jinyoung. “You could have a little more privacy this way, but we would need to set up microphones on your parents.”

 

Jinyoung pursed his lips. “My mom doesn’t have a problem,” he said. “But my dad might take some convincing.” 

 

“Could you convince him?” the producer asked. “We don’t mean to pry into your private life, Jinyoung, but we are short on footage for this episode.”

 

“I understand,” Jinyoung said, stuffing his hands into his pockets. He looked over at the growing crowd of people on the other side of the street. His manager and some other We Got Married staff and a couple of policemen were trying to get the crowd to disperse. There must be at least a hundred people gathered. Young and old, wielding smartphone cameras and fan placards, everyone craning their necks, trying to get a look at him. 

 

Or more likely, trying to get a glimpse of Jisoo. In the past, when he made trips home, he never attracted a crowd this large. Figures—even in Jinhae, Blackpink’s popularity outmatched his own group’s. The thought made him laugh. 

 

People started staring and whispering almost as soon as they were off the train. They had to cancel brunch plans because word had gotten out that a Blackpink member was coming to the restaurant, and the fire chief told them they couldn’t film there anymore. They had to get support from the sheriff’s office to keep people from following them to Jinyoung family home, too.

 

Now they were here, in the middle of downtown Jinhae, where his parents had been hoping to show Jisoo the last of the cherry blossoms. He looked over at where his mother was standing, speaking animatedly with his virtual wife. 

 

As for Jisoo, she was enjoying herself. She’d never been to Jinhae before, and he was both nervous and excited to share his hometown with her. Everything was shiny and exhilarating to her, and she was a hit with his mother and sisters, who loved Blackpink. When his parents suggested a trip downtown, Jisoo happily ambled into their family van and took a seat between him and his mother. 

 

The good news was that his mother had been very gracious in agreeing to do the episode. She wouldn’t mind putting on a mic during what was supposed to be a personal visit t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter