Sidelines

Sidelines

 

Maybe he shouldn’t have indulged himself too much into a bottle of absinthe, because maybe right now his walking straight into his room, trudging his way to his bed and maybe wake up the next morning with nothing but just a bad headache. But no, the intoxicating drink has that pretty greenish color and Lee Minhyuk couldn’t stop himself from drowning his problems, feelings and basically his existence. His rational self left him the moment he downed his third glass of absinthe and his entire body at this moment is made of frustrations, frustrations from his unrequited love and pent up feelings he couldn’t say even to his closest buddy. Fooling around is one of Minhyuk’s expertise, whether it’s about practical jokes or under the bed sheets.

But never did he thought that he will fail so hard in his own game, never did he imagined he would turn into this drunk crying mess with bloodshot puffy eyes and a broken heart that needs to be mended. He wanted this to stop, but unfortunately he has no idea how.

“Lee Minhyuk! Where in the ing hell were you?” Hoseok abruptly stood up from the couch the moment he laid eyes on Minhyuk’s drunken state. His voice slightly lower to avoid waking the rest of the members. Judging from the situation, with his worried face and shaking voice he must have waited for him to come home.

Minhyuk only gave him a short glance and started his way to the bathroom to puke and maybe shed the last drops of tears his system can put out.

“Lee MInhyuk answer me.” Hoseok persisted with a hushed voice as he followed the younger man to the bathroom’s sink. Minhyuk remained silent and vomited the little to nothing that he had for dinner after walking out of the restaurant the moment he saw Hoseok and Hyungwon ogling each other. It was painful really, to be labeled as a side chick but it’s even worse if you personally label yourself as one. It was fine at first, to be Hoseok’s side chick. He even joked about it a number of times when they get rowdy in bed and everybody’s asleep. But as things become more intimate and as they start to use each other’s body for pleasure, Minhyuk would feel little tingles in his heart from Hoseok’s sweet gestures and he knows he’s screwed.

“Yah! Lee Minhyuk what is wrong with you? Why are you doing this? You always come home drunk! You’re not like this! I know you! If you have a problem let’s talk. You don’t have to hurdle this all alone.” Hoseok grabbed his shoulders holding him in place, yet he didn’t look. He could never look at him in the eyes, because if he does all the pent up feelings that he’s been trying to drown with the bottle of absinthe earlier will be freed like clashing waves in a stormy sea.

“Minhyukie please look at me” Hoseok said as he softly holds Minhyuk’s chin and slowly turned his head to look at him. Hearing the endearment, Minhyuk slowly gazed in his hyungs eyes and tears started to fall.

“Oh how I wish it’s me and not him hyung” Minhyuk couldn’t stop himself, his tears are freely flowing, everything’s blurred but Hoseok, even with confusion written in his face, was as bright as the moon gazing from their window. He wanted to get mad at him but he can’t, after all he shouldn’t be mad at his hyung but to himself. It was his fault for falling in love with him when Hoseok clearly drew the line from the beginning.

“You’re beautiful hyung.” He continued as he cupped Hoseok’s face.

“Minhyuk you sit there on the couch and I’ll cook you some ramen” Hoseok started to guide him to the living room.

“No hyung I am sleepy, I just want to sleep” Hoseok only looked at him with eyes filled with concern.

 “Can you hug me until I’m asleep hyung? Please? You can go back to your room once I’m gone to dreamland” Minhyuk begged as he leaned his head to the older man’s buff chest.

“Of course, but will have to talk about this tomorrow ok?” Minhyuk didn’t reply and just dragged the older male to his room. He can never say yes to that question, will never tell the reason for his tears and will dodge that topic as long as he can. Because all he wants is for the older man to hold him tightly between the sidelines of their friendship and his relationship with Hyungwon.

 

          

  AN: Sorry for this crappy angst... And if you see some misspelled words and weird grammar please do tell me.. Would appreciate it a lot <3