Preview

Online

In a small, vintage apartment, a scream was heard from the very corner, where a single bedroom was located. A woman with brown, shoulder-length hair plopped herself on the bed with her purple duvet and she muffles her scream using the purple pillows, legs moving about. Thankfully, she was alone in her small home. On the work desk situated horizontally from where her bed was, a rose gold Dell laptop was and besides it-a cup of hot, brewed coffee.

“She updated!”

          That was the first thing she screamed at the top of her lungs after dialing her best friend on her phone. It was after a beat when the girl on the other line answered, voice dripping with puzzlement although it had a hint of expectation. “What? Who did what? Joohyun, are you right in the head right now?”

          Joohyun also known as Irene, rolled her eyes and bit her tongue. “Her, Seulgi! She updated her story! The one I’ve been waiting for three months and three days!” There was another pregnant pause, as if Seulgi was trying to remember but was clearly failing. Irene let out a frustrated sigh. “The girl I told you about, the one who replied to my comment two weeks ago and even sent me a smiley face?”

As if a light bulb inside Seulgi’s head lit up, Irene could hear the younger girl slam her hand on what seems to be a table.

 

“Oh! The girl you don’t know anything about and yet became your crush-”

“What? No!”

“- And the one you always sigh dreamily about and fell in love with at first write?”

          Seulgi had stated it so casually and innocently that it embarrassed Irene immensely and she face palmed, a bubbly feeling developing in the pit of her stomach as her heart jumped too much that she suddenly felt weak. Emotionally.

 

She heard Seulgi snicker after she was speechless.

“You’re not denying it.”

(In the deepest parts of Irene’s heart, she knew she wasn’t going to deny it anyway.)