END

Rescue Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Oh before that, I hope you can read it by playing Taeyeon's Rescue Me on a single loop because that's what I did when writing this story, the feelings is much more greater if you do listen to it while reading :) But if you don't want, it's fine too!

As always, words in italic is past while without italic is present, words in purple is the lyrics of the song '^'

 

The show window I stop in front of
I see my reflection in the radiant glass
I don’t see myself within me
No matter what I do, your shadow will always be by my side
It doesn’t go away, it can’t be erased
How can I escape the darkness of my heart when there’s no escapes?

The girl is walking all by herself, crossing her arms while looking at her side, it used to fill with a guy that means so much to her, he will always be there for her, saying jokes and making her days fill with laughter. Nobody knows her as much as he does. Along the pavements, she halts her steps, turning her head, facing a window with her reflection on it. Staring at it with broken smile, she reminisces the past that used to be her favorite, a past with that guy who’s no longer by her side, protecting her from all the harms.

 

“Kim Taeyeon, what are you staring at?” A guy said loudly to her ears.
 

Taeyeon breaks off from her thoughts, glaring at the guy while rubbing on to her ears which her eardrum could almost go broken by his shouting. The guy just stick out his tongue childishly at her and turn his head, looking inside the window to see what’s the girl seeing about, more like what is on the display of the shop.

    “Do you think someone will buy for you?” He asks, grinning from ear to ear.

She pouts, “I can buy it myself!”

    “Oh, really? Then, you should work harder for it, at least for a year.” He jokes.

 

The girl, Taeyeon pulls his ear until his level is almost the same at her, she flinches his forehead with her other hand and walks away from him. While the guy is rubbing his now redden ear and painful forehead, he also smirks at the girl when she isn’t looking back. Few seconds of rubbing the pain area, the guy finally runs, catching up the girl who is currently pretending to be mad at him, like how she usually will do when she can’t win over him.

    “Hey, wait for me!” The guy shouts, gaining all the looks from the passerby.

 

The girl could only walk faster, embarrass by the guy movemtns and pretends not to know him. However, it doesn’t need to take a long time until the guy is finally beside her, holding on to her hands to stop her from walking, Taeyeon could just smile cheekily at him. He pinches her soft cheek, loving that cute sight of her, always his favorite sight to see her being clingy and act cute with him.

    “You’re a mean girl, how could you increase your speed when those strangers gave me their weird looks?” He said, tucking his hand inside his pocket.

The girl chuckles, tugging the shirt of the guy and gives him a puppy eyes, “I’m sorry, you’ll forgive me, right? Right?” She said, blinking her eyes a few times.

 

The guy laughs at that, taking out a box from his pocket and opens it in front of her. Taeyeon looks at it, her eyes twinkling in excitement and watery eyes appear, however, of course there's no tears coming out from her eyes, just watery. Thus, he takes it out from the box and helps her wear it around his neck, at the same time, sharing a hug with her a while and break it off, the girl touches the new necklace around her, smiling happily at the guy.

    “Happy Valentine Day to you, babe.” He said.

“H-how do you know?” The girl asks.

    “Of course, I will know about it. You always stare at this necklace whenever we walk pass the shop, do you think I wouldn’t realize it?” He said, poking her nose lightly.

“You’re the best boyfriend in the world!” She said, hugging him sideways.

    The guy ducks down a little bit and gives signal to the girl to come closer, and she did, he leans closer to her, “I love you so much, you know that, right?”

 

The girl looks at him weirdly, “Why are you whispering?” She whispers back, playing along with him because whatever he does, she knows behind it, it always held a deep meaning that’s why she could completely trust him with all her heart. She knows, he’s the one for her.

    “Because I should only tell my true feelings to my whole world and you, Kim Taeyeon is mine, Byun Baekhyun’s whole world.” He said softly, through my ears.

 

By the time he finishes his word, the blood starts pumping like an adrenaline again inside the girl’s body and within seconds, her face becomes redden just like the color of strawberry, she hits him lightly, feeling shy with his sudden confession. See, all his action always held a deep meaning behind it, without him, what would she do? She always thought about this question, again and again, afraid to lose him.

    Baekhyun chuckles, “Don’t worry, I wouldn’t leave your side.” Letting his lip lingers on her forehead, doesn’t care about what would others see their action because just her, that matters the most, right now, this moment.

 

She’s tired of crying, most likely, she doesn’t think she would have any more tears left inside of her body because as far as she knows, she’s been crying all the time, whenever she thinks about him, she’ll see him, smiling happily with her, in every place that they had been there together, spending every little time they used to have, but now, everything is gone.

 

Please help me, I’m right here
I can only hear you
My voice fades from screaming
I am scared, still trembling
I cannot breathe anymore
Please, rescue me

Continue walking down the pavements, she recalled the memories that he who once save her life from dangers, saving her from her dead life that she still wishes that he could still be here when she needs him so badly, right beside her, hugging and whispers silently to her ears that he’s there for her. Just like in the past, she misses it and Taeyeon, she really needs to see him and hear his voice, comforting her tiny broken pieces of heart that can never be built into place again.

 

Taeyeon is walking down the alley, a new shortcut that she just found out days ago that could only take a few minutes for her to reach her house. She doesn’t have any friends to begin with as in school, she’s call the school’s nerd as she doesn’t like dressing up and make up like most of the girls, the only thing she did was just study and study but Taeyeon doesn’t really regret it or hate her life as she’s living her life to the fullest while she can.

    “Look, we got ourselves a visitor.” A voice said, breaking her out from her thoughts.

 

The girl looks around to see no one’s there, but all of a sudden, came two guys from the hidden dark alley with evil smirks placing on their mouth. Her legs can’t seem to move as it’s become numb, standing there in fear, she can only look at the guys coming closer to her.

    “G-go away!” She stutters.

“Come on, we just want to have some fun with you, as a friend.” One of them said, grinning.

 

When Taeyeon can finally feel her leg, she starts running and shouts for help with the guys chasing her. The more she runs, the less energy for her to shout. As a girl, it’s obvious that she can’t win over boys’ stamina as her running becomes slower and her voice becomes softer and softer. Within minutes, both guy is already trapping her, one at the front whereas the other one at the back. There's no extra way for her to escape, finally the feeling of anxiety feels in her body.

    “S-stay away from me!” She said.

 

However, the guys keep their ears deaf to her words as they walk closer to her, steps by steps, increasing the speed faster compare to before as they don’t really want to waste their energy on chasing the girl again. Taeyeon shuts her eyes tightly and pray for someone to help her out because she had no idea what to do anymore, she can never win over them. A lone tear drop from her eyes when few moments have gone by and still no one is there to help her out, her hopes break.

    “Are you alright, miss?” A voice said, feel with cares yet worried.

 

Taeyeon furrows her eyebrows while still keeping her eyes closed, it’s not the sound of the two guys and there’s no action yet from both guy, thus, she slowly opens her eyes and was bewildered to see another new guy standing in front of her, holding out his hand to her while smiling to assure her, unknowingly, her hearts beats a bit faster at that sight, it’s not because of fears. She feels safety instead.

    “Y-yeah, thank you for saving my life, Mr?” She replied, holding on to his hand.

“Byun Baekhyun, you?”

    “I’m Kim Taeyeon, it’s nice meeting you, Baekhyun.”

“Same to you, Taeyeon.”

 

Both looking at each other eyes, a smile spread through their lips while their hands still holding on to each other, since then, Taeyeon and Baekhyun have been friends, to best friend and to couple. One by one, their relationship get closer and much more closer compare to normal people, their life is always fulls of ups and downs but none of them ever gives up, in fact, working it up together, side by side, more stronger and closer as times goes by.

 

The bright townscape
The noisy crowd of people
Lovers laugh and competing to see who is the most fortunate
My love for you remains like an undying flame
It doesn’t go away, it can’t be erased
My heart where even tears dry up, it still ignites in flames

Taeyeon stops reminiscing about her past when she feels her surrounding is not as quiet as before, so she looks around to see that she’s already in the middle of the town without her realizing. Couples everywhere, locking their hands together and smiling happily like they don’t care about what happened around them, just like how they used to be. She feels that the world is always so unfair to her, taking away the only guy that is her source of happiness, letting him be somewhere else, far away, maybe happy with his life right now, unlike her, who’s still stupidly in love with him and all she ever thinks about is still him.

 

Today lies their sixth years of knowing each other, their fourth anniversary together. Like every couples, they decide to spend their time together, going out on a date. However, Byun Baekhyun is always full of mysterious, nobody gets to know what’s in his mind except for the girl, Kim Taeyeon. As all the time, she knows,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter