Hongbin

Chained Up

Working as a cafe owner means he have a lot of free time and can do whatever he wants almost anytime so when Sanghyuk receives the awaited phone call from the hospital, he doesn't even think twice as he just quickly walk out the door of the fancy cafe he own and rushes to the hospital.

When he arrives there, he's greeted by the sight of Hongbin sitting at the table by his bed, lazily shoving some food into his mouth while his eyes bore a hole on the floor with his intense gaze. 

"Hongbin? "Sanghyuk calls out as he approaches him. 

Hongbin looks up at him but says nothing before he return to his food, now eating a little bit faster. 

"Are you having your lunch? Is it good? "Sanghyuk prompts, taking a seat on the edge of the bed so that he can face Hongbin. 

Hongbin snap his head up to stare at him. "Do I look like I'm enjoying my food right now? Why do you bother asking? "He says harshly, slamming his spoon a bit too hard into his bowl of soup, sending the content flying everywhere and taking Sanghyuk by surprise. 

"... Kong? "Sanghyuk mutters hesitantly and it manages to make Hongbin glare at him. 

"Of course it's me! Hongbin refused to eat so I have to do it for him! "He says in frustration, angrily picking his spoon back up before resuming to shove more food into his mouth.

Upon agreeing to take care of Hongbin, Dr Kang had told him about Hongbin's condition which is different from Taekwoon's and Jaehwan's. As a coping mechanism thanks to being mistreated and abused since he was young, Hongbin now suffers from a multiple personality disorder where he created an alter ego as a way to protect himself. And while the real Hongbin is timid and shy and always feel like he's worthless, his alter ego, Kong, is aggressive and possessive and isn't afraid to voice out his thought or fight back when he's mistreated. In another word, Kong is Hongbin's dark side or to make it simple, he's everything that Hongbin isn't. 

"Why are you here again? "Hongbin or  Kong actually,demands loudly, startling Sanghyuk out of his thoughts and making him flustered. It is never easy for him to communicate with this side of Hongbin no matter how many times he has met him. 

"Ahh... that... I'm taking you home with me. "He tells him. "The doctor said you're already discharged so I come to pick you up and bring you to your new home, like I promised Hongbin . "He explains and Kong eyes him warily. 

"Take us home? "He echoes, talking for both himself and his other half. "You mean take us home so that you can treat us the way those bastards treated us? Like animals? Like toys? Like a thing without a feeling? "He asks harshly, voice venomous and filled with sarcasm. "No, thank you, Han Sanghyuk. I would rather stay at this place forever. "He refuses. 

Sanghyuk sighs. This is one of the reasons why it is so hard to talk to Kong, because he never trust anyone and alwsys think that everyone has an evil intention. He only see the bad in people, never the good. "No, I swear I have no such intention. I just want to help you live a better life. Besides, I've promised Hongbin about this. "He tries to assure but as expected, Kong isn't buying his words. 

"Get out. "Kong orders but Sanghyuk refuses to obey. 

"Hongbin already agreed to this. You'll listen to what he wants right? "He coaxes, knowing that Kong have a soft spot only for his other half since the reason he existed in the first place was to protect Hongbin. 

Kong scoffs. "Hongbin agreed because he's too naive and because he trusts you too much. But I know better, I know what you'll do once we're out of people's sight. I know you're the same as those bastards, if not worse. "He accuses and Sanghyuk inhales deeply to calm himself at those harsh accusations. 

"Let Hongbin out. I want to talk to him. "He demands, trying to sound authoritative so that Kong will listen to him and he thanks God when Kong seems to be scared a little by the tone of voice he's using.

"No. "

"Let me talk to Hongbin. "Sanghyuk repeats himself, sterner this time and it manages to crush Kong's strong facade. 

"D-Don't talk like that to me. You're just proving that you're the same as those people. "He says as he scoots his chair back to put distance between himself and Sanghyuk and Sanghyuk sigh heavily. 

"Then give me a chance to prove myself. To show you that I'm nothing like those people. "He somewhat pleads, voice softening. "Let me talk to Hongbin and if he still agrees to stay with me then you should agree too. Give me a chance to prove myself, to prove to you that not everyone is bad, not everyone means harm to you and Hongbin. "He says, looking at Kong right in the eyes, trying his best to persuade him. 

Kong holds Sanghyuk's gaze and it takes a few moments but eventually, he gives in. "Fine. "He says, clenching his eyes shut. 

It takes a few seconds for the hard expression on Kong's face to mellow into a softer one and when he opens his eyes, Sanghyuk knows it is Hongbin this time and not Kong anymore judging by how confused and clueless he looked. 

"Hongbin? "He calls out tentatively and Hongbin looks up at him, blinking a few times. 

"Sanghyuk. "he blurts out, sounding relieved and Sanghyuk smiles. 

"Do you remember the promise I made with you? That I'm going to take you to stay and live with me and help you start a new life? "He asks and Hongbin nods. "Well, I'm going to fulfill that promise now. I want to take you home with me. "He says . 

Hongbin's eyes widen. "Really?! "He asks excitedly and Sanghyuk nods. 

"You want to live with me, right? "

"Yes, I do. I really do. "

Sanghyuk heaves a relieved sigh. "Good. It's settled then. "

 

 

 

A/N I hope this isn't confusing. Do ask if you don't understand something. Thank you so much for the support, I am really happy!