Chapter 2

Catching Feelings

I could hear their silent cheer when he comes in and heading to his chair.

"You could win them all, but me, Do Kyungsoo." I silently hold my fist as if to punch the air.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kyungsoo's POV

.

.

.

Of course I know about the recording. Her saying harsh thing is even a good news for me.
Han Sora, a girl who has been my classmate for three years but never had conversation with me for no reason. I don't know what she thinks about me these whole time, only because those recording spread out in the online groups among my friends, now I know that she really think that I am a living human being. She just sees me in negative way.


"Kyung, she was doomed. This morning, Lee Hyori and some other girls bullied her and showed her the recording." my friend, Hyunsik tells me.
"Oh... what's so necessary about that."
"You know they're crazy about you, so..."
"Yeah, I do agree they're crazy. Just crazy."
I respond to him calmly and makes him wonder with certain expression on his face.


It could happen. She will be bullied enough to make her regret her words, considering my friends' loyalty towards me. But, that's not something I want to do with her. I want to know her more, who is mysterious as always. She in my eyes, is the personification of mystery itself.


She shuts her self down with eyes blankly set on the table. I can see clearly that she holds the anger from her fist. When she fixes her short hair behind her ears, I spot some tears clouding her eyes.
"Ya, Han Sora!" She moves her eyes just a little to see me over her corner sight.
"Don't sleep again this time." 
Like usual, she just ignores me and starts opening the text book, leaves me staring at her, full of wonder.
How could she ditches people so easily like that? Even me.

Not because I am feeling popular, but because you can tell I am the only one student here who has most accidental closeness with her. 3-year classmates, live in the near neighborhood, and the only one male who dares to speak first to her.
.
.
Break time finally. Hyunsik, Jongsuk, and Wonbin ask me to go to the canteen, having some lunch, seeing pretty girls from other class, and such things they say cool things to do at senior year.
"I think I need rest for a while."
"Why are you always tired these days? Are you up on something, Kyung?"
"Nothing. You guys can go now, or you can't get the best spot in canteen."
"They won't dare, Kyung" said Wonbin welcomed by others' laughter.

The class is usually empty at break. Except one, now two person in class.
"Ya your love for kimbap is unbelievable."
I as I am making playlist in my phone once she opens her food container full of kimbap.
"Don't talk to me."


That simple reaction makes me stop doing things for a while just to think. Did she just respond to me?
"Daebak. You can speak."
I look at her with some smile or even more smirk as my appreciation towards her response.
It's a rare chance for us to have a conversation and straighten things that just happened cause I finally get that little attention from her.


"Listen,"
I said as I sit in front of her now seeking her eyes behind her bangs.
"I lost my appetite." said her as she stops eating and tidied up her chopsticks.
"Well, I am hungry enough..." said me when I take her chopsticks without asking her permission and take one kimbap from her food container.
I never know her kimbap tastes this good.
"Aah... Delicious." I let out words while giving her the same smile other girls crazy about. But same reaction. Only silence she gives me.


"I heard those recording."
"Oh good." She replied it bitterly.
"Don't worry, I won't .. "
"I don't worry...." She cut my words again with her expression stating disturbance.
"Well you should... Cause..."
"Now you try to threat me..."
"I don't... I just warn you..."
"Stop it. I don't want to hear anything from you." she suddenly stand up and heading to the corridor.


Once she almost passes me, I grab her arms.
"You don't wanna go out. They'll do something bad." warned me without seeing her.
She takes my hands and tries to get it off without speaking any words.
"Stop them then, cause you can't stop me."

The voice of her shoes echoing inside the room while I continue to eat the last kimbap left with a big smile. She is truly one indifferent girl you know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sora's POV

.

.

Iwas originally want to wash my face to give some cold on my head. It hurts my head a bit after spending couple minutes with him. Is it very much hard for him to stay away from me?

Not long after I open my eyes, I suddenly think I have to go to pee. There's one cabin empty at the corner, so then I go inside hurriedly. When I finish, I feel strange feelings. Will they bullied me if I go out from here? I check out the door and find a bag of flour tangled with a rope, which will poured on top of me if I open the door.


Cautiously I untangle the rope and take the flour bag, so I can safely going out of the cabin.
When I go out, there are some girls waiting for me, suprised because their plan is failed.
"How could you not...."
I throw the flour bag at them causing them to scream a little.
"Please be clever, girls. Don't waste your time to care about me so much. Cause I don't care about you."


I left them without paying attention to the door outside the toilet. 

*THUD*

They pour soap on the floor which causing me to slip and fall. It doesn't stop until there, they splash me with water, enough to make my shirt all wet. 

Thanksto their laughter, more people come and gather around the toilet just to laugh at me. 
"Well, we are more clever than you think. It's just the beginning, Sora ya." said Miran among the crowd.
My leg hurts a bit. My effort to stand up is useless because the floor is too slippery for me to support my weight and get up.
"Why are you all wet, baby?" said some boys along with laughter.


Someone suddenly walk through the crowd and help me stand up.


"Enough you all," he's half yelling at people there with his deep and brief voice.


A male figure, not so tall, with a pale skin yet strong, takes my hand and helps me to escape from the crowd.


"You're definitely not alright, Han So Ra."


He said it without even bothering to ask first, cause maybe he knows that I will lie saying that I'm okay.
From his voice, it's clear that it's Do Kyungsoo once again saving me from the unexpected situation.

Or is it the expected one?

"Let me go" I said.
I try to pull my arms from his grip and refuse to continue my step following him. But he keeps walking and ignoring me.


We're up to the next floor through the emergency stairs of the building. We keep going up to the higher floors which I have never been before. Him doesn't speak any word just makes the air getting colder besides, I am almost freezing because of my wet shirt.

"Do Kyungsoo, where do you wanna take me?"

He stops walking and stares at me for a while and sighs heavily. His eyes seem like popping out as if saying that I'm being too noisy.


Finally there's no more stairs. I recognize it's the last floor in this building once I see number 5 on top of the door.
We walk along the corridor until finally he heads to a door on the corner of the building.

When he opens it, it's just like an office boy pantry. Small enough just to fit two or three person inside.

Plus, there is no light there.

I look at him cluelessly. He suddenly take off his blue hoody sweater.

"What are you doing, Do Kyungsoo?" Ask me, a little bit screaming since there's no one in this floor.

"There's no one here. Go inside."

I'm a little bit confused and paranoid of what he will do next. Without any notice, he pushes me inside and close the door.

"Ya! Do Kyungsoo! What are you gonna do?" I'm getting panicked cause it's so dark and there's only me and him.


"I'm going up while you change your clothes." He answers and gives me his hoody.


"Thinking erts, aren't you?"


He teases me with laughter before I hear the sound of curtain being uncovered behind us. There's actually another space big enough to fit a short stairs, I rarely see. When he climbs up the stairs and open the door upside, sunshine comes in and makes my vision comes back.

"I'll let this door opened. You can cover the curtain and change your clothes."

I inhale air as much as I can. So stupid I think something paranoid before. My heart can't lie, it keeps beating faster for last 30 minutes. My weak heart just not used to it yet. I ed my wet shirt and change it into his hoody sweater. It's better even though my back skirt is also wet and full of soap. Fortunately it's thursday, so it happens to be black colored skirt and make the soap and wet mark on my skirt  invisible.

 

After fixing my wet hair and squeezing my skirt a little, I climb up the same stairs. When I go up, I finally realize, it is the rooftop of our school building.
It is a bright afternoon with clear sky, cirrus clouds, and the wind blows so softly. I never know there is such a place in our school before.


I am doubtful whether to approach him, whose back is facing me while he looks far away,  or to go back to class and meet those bullies again, continue my day as if nothing happens today.


"Achuu..." his sneezes with a recognizable voice and strange shake all over his body.
The view of him sneezing in a strange way makes me giggling and laugh a little.
He sees me with the same round almond eyes, which I usually think they're bad cause he use them mostly  to glare at other  people.

 

Then he smiles at me. This time I think the sun shines brighter than before. 

.

.

.

.

Or is it, him?