Missing?

Missing?

“I am home,” Guanlin announced his arrival while he was taking his shoes off at the door.

 

Silence was the only reply he received as he enters the house. The living room was empty, Jihoon was nowhere in sight. It was rather strange for the maknae as his lover was usually home at this timing to welcome him. He did not recall his hyung mentioning to him about being home late today. Guanlin headed to the kitchen to search for Jihoon but instead he found dinner left untouched on the dining table.

 

Guanlin left the kitchen and called out to once again, "Jihoon?” But there was no reply.

 

The next room that Guanlin checked on was the room that Jihoon used as a studio for his drawings. Jihoon was not in the room. Guanlin was shocked to find the room in a mess with all the artworks scattered on the floor. It was unsettling for him as the older one had always cherished every artwork that he had created. He could not imagine what could have happened for Jihoon to create such a mess.

 

The makane then headed towards their shared bedroom. There was faint sound coming from the room. Guanlin could recognize that it was the sound of Jihoon’s crying. Why is Jihoon crying? He twisted the doorknob quietly not wanting to alarm his lover and pushed the door open. The younger one felt his heart aching as he found Jihoon crying by the bedside, clutching onto a photo frame tightly.

 

"Jihoon?" Guan Lin called out in another attempt to capture his attention.

 

The older one did not answer and continued grieving. They had been in a relationship for quite a while and never once did Guanlin found Jihoon in such a state. His lover has always been the more mature and independent partner in their relationship. What could have possibly happened for him to so devastated? Guanlin took another step closer cautiously and was only an arm's length away from Jihoon. He was close enough to look at the photo he was holding on.

 

It was a photo of them.

 

A shiver ran down his spine as he realized that the reason for his tears was because of him. Guanlin felt a sudden sharp pain jabbing into the right side of his head. The pain was unbearable and was affecting him in understanding the situation. He fell to his knees while clutching on to his head, the sound of the impact still did not capture Jihoon's attention. Feeling out of option, the younger one reached out to tap on the older one's shoulder. However, his hand went through him like he was invisible.

 

He could not touch him.

 

All his memories came rushing back into his mind. The scene of his accident replayed before his eyes. A car crashed into his and the impact caused the right side of his head to hit hard against the windshield. His vision became blurry. Blood was oozing down from his head. He could hear people shouting to call the ambulance before his conscious slips away slowly.

 

He was dead. He was already dead.

 

Two men appeared at the door to the room and ordered, “it is time to go.”

 

Guanlin nodded and turn to look at his lover again. He tries to wrap his arms around Jihoon for the last time. How he wish he could hug him for the last time. There were still many things that they have yet to do and so many things he had yet to say. However, everything was too late. Maybe next life he could look for him again and make up for all the lost time for this lifetime.

 

“I love you,” he whispered his confession for the last time and left.

 

That was when Jihoon looked up into the empty room.

 

He had heard Guanlin’s last confession.

 


 

Author’s note:

Will you be interested in the other version that I have submitted?

Leave a comment and let me know!