Camping Fright

Camping Fright

Over the week, my high school friends and I decided to do something fun over the weekend. I chose to go watch movies but my two friends, Jimin and Namjoon, wanted to go camping instead.

“Ugh, camping? Really? Going to the movies is way more better than going to the outdoors.” I explained.

Both Jimin and Namjoon gave me a look.

“You always say things like that when we go out, we can't stay in the city the whole time you know.” Namjoon explained. I knew he had a point but, I had a reason why I wanted to stay in the city and stay with a groups of people.

“Well, I know I can't stay here all the time but, camping? Are you guys even comfortable sleeping on the floor with rocks, dead leaves, and little insects crawling around?” I asked.

“Oh, and don't forget about mosquito bites and spider bites.”

“Think of the bright side of camping hyung, making s'mores, eating them, playing by the pond, sitting by the campfire and…” Jimin trailed off, a smile plastered across his face.

I looked at Namjoon, seeing he was smiling as well.

Oh no…

Please don't let it be scary stories.I thought to myself.

“...and telling each other scary stories!” Jimin and Namjoon exclaimed in unison.

“Scary stories? Count me out!” I exclaimed.“Aww, is Yoongi hyung scared of scary stories?” Namjoon mocked me in a baby tone.

I glared at the boy.

“I'm not scared.” I spat. “I'm just not a big fan of scary stories and I don't think they're any good at getting me scared.”

“Oh yeah? Then come with us.” Jimin proposed. “Prove to us you're not scared then.”

“I can and I will! You’ll see I'm not afraid.”I said confidently.

“Okay, challenge accepted.”Jimin said.


Two Days Later

Today was the day.

I can't believe I'm doing this, I thought to myself.

I got in my car and started to drive to the camping ground. Once I arrived, nightfall fell the only light was from the moon illuminating the forest.

Jimin, Namjoon, Taehyung, Hoseok, Jin, Jungkook and I were surrounded by the campfire.

I had to sit there and listen to Jimin’s ‘scary’ story while both Hoseok and Jin were almost scared to death. They clung to each other, Hoseok letting out an occasional whimper. I scoffed and ate another s’more

I rolled my eyes when I heard Jimin say.“But, the most scary thing about this story…is that it’s real!”

He grinned while the flashlight he had under his chin added a creepy effect, but to me it didn't scare me one bit.

Both Hoseok and Jin screamed out of their lungs, while Jimin started laughing his heart out.

“I'm just kidding!” Jimin laughed, trying to control his laughter, he then stopped when we all heard a scream.

A guy scream…

We all looked at each other, noticing someone from our group was missing.

Taehyung…

We all looked at each other. Fear pulsed through the group and all our heart beats seemed to quicken.

How long had Taehyung been missing?

Was that him who screamed?

An owl hooted nearby making us flinch. Rustling from the tree branches had us paralyzed, frozen stiff. I could feel the others shaking beside me, their breathing growing shallow.

The thought hit me as I turned to look into the darkness of the forest behind me.

Had Jimin's fake story...just become a reality….?

That's when the campfire went out...