PART 1

Breaking Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘Thank you for today!” Hakyeon greeted happily and bowing respectfully to the crew before leaving the studio.

Once he left the studio, the smile on his face faltered and he sighed heavily, feeling the fatigue overwhelming him.

“What took you so long?” VIXX’s manager asked as Hakyeon entered the van, joining the others.

“Nothing much.”

“So, where do you guys want to eat?” Their manager asked.

“Let’s go to have sashimi!” Jaehwan said happily. Upon hearing the suggestion, all the members agreed happily.

“But-”

“Okay sure I don’t mind!” Hakyeon replied enthusiastically.

Hakyeon quickly looked at their manager, mouthing that he was fine with it.

When they arrived at the restaurant, all the members quickly placed their order and Hakyeon also placed his order. He decided that porridge would be the safest option.

While waiting for their meal, all the members started chatting happily with each other, not realizing that they left their leader out of the conversation. He looked at the members longingly, wanting to join in the conversation. But he did not want to be a nuisance to them. He finally realized how long it has been, since he even had a proper conversation with them – how much he had been missing out.

15 minutes later, the food they ordered finally arrived. Hakyeon cautiously took a bite and when he decided that it was safe, he devoured the food. After all, it was considered his first meal of the day even though it was already past dinnertime. However, as he continued eating, he started feeling uncomfortable. Sensing that something was wrong, Hakyeon excused himself from the table and went out of the restaurant. He quickly hid himself in the corner and struggled to breathe. Red spots started appearing on his arms. He clutched his hand into a fist and tried hitting his chest, hoping that it would open his airway – but to no avail. Tears started to fill his eyes as he panicked.

After 5 minutes of struggle, he started seeing black spots over his eyes. The lack of oxygen was getting to him as he felt himself slowly giving up. Before succumbing to the darkness, he could hear someone calling out for him before he lost consciousness.

When Hakyeon woke up, he looked around his surroundings. He realized that he was in the hospital and the room was empty. He felt weak and dizzy so he laid on the bed with his eyes closed, matching his breath to the beeping of the machines that surround the bed, the only indications of his heartbeat – his existence.

Moments later, Hakyeon could hear someone entering the room. He slowly opened his eyes.

“Hakyeon-ah! You’re finally awake! Are you feeling any better?” His manager asked.

“I’m fine hyung.” Hakyeon said as he struggled to sit up.

“You gave me a scare! You knew you were allergic to fish, so why did you agree to having the meal there?” His manager asked worriedly as he supported Hakyeon.

“I didn’t want to disappoint the members...They don’t know about this right? I trust that you didn’t say anything to them?” Hakyeon inquired.

“No, I didn’t. I know that you wouldn’t want them to find out. I told them you had something on and had to leave first.”

“That’s a relief. Thanks, hyung. You know me the best. Let’s go back now.” Hakyeon mumbled as he peeled off the needle attached to his wrist.

“Where do you think you’re going? You barely recovered and you still have a slight fever!” His manager said frustrated as he tried to push the leader back to bed.

“I’m fine hyung. I think I’ll be able to rest better at home.” Hakyeon said as he stood up.

“Okay fine.” His mana

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter