Chapter 1

It's still You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Frustatingly ruffling my hair, I glanced at the clock it says 10:32 pm. I put the pen down and slump back on my chair. I sigh seeing the pile of works that need to be done, papers to be sign, papers to be review. 

 

 

Pushing myself to stand, I walk towards the window. It's still raining. Looking down I dont see much people but there is a few store that is still open. 

 

 

Looking at the sky, there is no star that is visible. They are overshadow by the dark, the dark that is more powerful than the brightness of the star, the dark that keeps on preventing people to reach their brightess star, and the dark that keeps on hunting me.

 

 

Looking outside my office, I see the cubicle of the other employees, the difference is I'm the only one here compared to earlier that is kinda over crowded.  The rain makes the dark, empty and lonely office more lonely, I kinda regret letting myself to be drowned by this papers. I glanced at my desk to see the pile of papers thats waiting for me with last glance at the office and outside, I walked towards my desk. Looking at the paper, I get my pen. With last sigh, I wonder when will I finish this, or maybe half of it.

 

 

The quiet ambiance of the office was break by a sudden ring. Looking around I wonder where the hell did I put my phone?! Arghhh! Looking in between or under the papers, I cant find it. Suddenly the ring died, I stop finding it. When suddenly it rings again. Puckering my lips in annoyance, I find it again. I see it under a pile of folders and papers. 

 

 

Looking to the caller, the annoying feeling suddenly dissappeared and replaced the frown in my face with a smile. It reads "♡". Pushing the green button. I smile.

 

 

"Hey". 

 

 

"Hey". I softly muttered.

 

 

"I'm sorry. Did I disturb in your sleep?"

 

 

"No." I coolly answered. In the tone of my voice I think he sense something.

 

 

"You sound so tired. Where are you?"

 

 

"I'm still in the office. Finishing some stuff"

 

 

"What?! At this time? Have you had your dinner?" Time? I glanced at the clock it says 1:15 AM. Suddenly I hear a growl from my stomach. I must have been so focused on finishing -okay maybe half of it- this that I forgot to get a bite. 

 

 

"No" Sigh. "I forgot the time." I guiltily answer. He always nag at me for not eating my food on time or forgetting to eat any. 

 

 

".......". I'm ready for another scolding from him. I hear him sigh.

 

 

"Pack your things. I'll be there in 20 minutes". He calmly says

 

 

"B-but I nee--" 

 

 

"No buts. Wait for me". Then he hung up. 

 

 

With a sigh. I gather the papers in put some in my drawers. Placing the pencils and erasers in the case, I tidy up my equipments. I get the papers that was messily place in my table and put it in one place along with the others. Getting my bag and my folder, I put the papers that need to be finish in my folder. I put my phone and my other stuff in m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter