At Some Point

At Some Point

At some point, after the team was made, Kihyun realized that his relationship with Hyunwoo was nothing awkward anymore. He didn’t know what happened, but maybe all they needed was time to get used to each other. Maybe all they needed was times where they can support each other and not competing against each other. 

At some point, after a while, Kihyun found Hyunwoo very funny for him no matter what he was doing. With his low voice and his big body when he moved around, even when he was just there stayed still, on his spot, doing nothing but breathing and blinking. He didn’t know what happened to him but more than intimidating, Hyunwoo looked rather cute the older he got. 

Kihyun didn’t know since when but at some point, after a while, everytime he saw that arms being vacant, he can’t help but to touch and played with it. Somehow, it was interesting. He liked the way it felt in his hands. He liked it, because Hyunwoo was always so warm and his hands will always look for something to hold onto. Maybe because of the warmth, or maybe because of the toughness, Kihyun had never know why. But every time, it was so comforting and relaxing, holding that tough arm with both of his chubby hands. 

Besides him and Changkyun, there was no other else that probably obsessed over those arms as much as them. While Changkyun preferred to bite it, Kihyun liked it more to play with it with his hands and watched it on his hands. He will pat it, caress it, pinch it, hit it, knead on it, rub it, massage it, basically anything he can do to feel the warm and tough arm in his hands.

Not only his arms, but it seemed like Hyunwoo’s whole body was interesting and very admirable for him. Well, it wasn’t only for him, but basically everyone else in the team. The shape, the height, the way he moved, dumbly, fiercely, funnily, sweetly, ily. And that face he made when he was in joy, when he was sad, disappointed, smiling, laughing, or just expressionless. Everything seemed entertaining and fun to watch and laugh at. Hyunwoo was so interesting and adorable. 

And it was interesting to have someone that was so different personality wise with him. The way Hyunwoo showed his unpleasant feelings, those defense acts and words he did because he wasn’t the aggressive type. The way he endured and shut his mouth up when he got emotional just to avoid that momentary explosion he might regret in the future. The way he endured everything and just worked hard. Hyunwoo kept his calm and managed to be so composed everytime. It was admirable and Kihyun learnt a lot about manners and ethics from him. 

And he was warm. Just like his body felt, Hyunwoo was a warm person. Well, he didn’t cry for you like Wonho, or did various skinships like Minhyuk. He didn’t tell people deep talks like Hyungwon, and he wasn’t that submissive like Changkyun. He wasn’t that sensitive like Jooheon either. He was just there, and kept the silence. But he was always there. He was always watching, and ready to help anytime, anywhere. It was as if he had his guard up everytime and it provided him sense of safety and protection just like a very prepared man, a ready father. 

And instead of hating it, Hyunwoo liked it when the members played with him and his arms. He loved it even when the members . With those crescent eyes and gentle, or sometimes, dumb, smile, he played along and just laughed together with them like they were his babies. He let everyone in the team leaned on him, physically, mentally too. He was like a pillar, roof, even the foundation of the team. Heck, Hyunwoo was a home for Kihyun and everyone else in the team. 

Kihyun didn’t know since when, at some point, after some time, Hyunwoo knew how to respond to him in a not awkward way. At some point, Hyunwoo can see him in the eyes and smiled at him when he wasn’t flashing him any yet. And actually, that fluttered Kihyun’s heart because he looked so young and warm. And it was funny because instead of smiled back, he laughed at him because everything was just funny, and amusing, and joyful. He felt embarrassed, to be honest. Maybe it was him now who was a little bit awkward when it came to Hyunwoo’s blooming gentle smile. But even then, even then Kihyun loved it. 

He didn’t know how Hyunwoo saw him before, but he read the Q&A and he knew that Hyunwoo saw him as a warm and soft one that reminded him of the orange color. He didn’t know how he still chose those reasons after all of his amazing nags and bombarding shouting, his savage remarks, and his effortful swag and cocky, smug faces. But well, he had the hunch. He sometimes found Hyunwoo carried him around and held his waist even if it was playfully. Hyunwoo was so gentle and careful around him. Well, he knew Hyunwoo was a such a gentle and warm giant, but he had this feelings that it was because he was seen as small compared to him, and maybe delicate. Well, he was, if it was to be compared to Hyunwoo. 

Kihyun was sure that not a lot of people knew it but, sometimes, Hyunwoo caressed his back when he was cooking or washing dishes in the kitchen. Well, that wasn’t helping at all and kind of distracting because Hyunwoo still talked to him even if it was just a small talks. But he was there, watching him and soothing his sore back. 

Kihyun didn’t pay that much attentions, but one of those hands that caressed him on the back sometimes moved to his waist and he was basically became Hyunwoo’s hand rest. Meanwhile the other hand was supporting on the kitchen counter next to his busy hand.

“Hyung,” Kihyun just laughed as Hyunwoo rested his chin on his shoulder, watching those chopped onions dived into the soup or just plates under the flowing water. This time, it was Minhyuk’s glass and bubbles on Kihyun’s hands.

Kihyun didn’t know how he felt at times like that, but Hyunwoo’s chest warmed up his back and that hand that clung to him was just his style. Kihyun felt needed, and it was something even more prideful because it was Hyunwoo. 

“You aren’t sleepy?” Kihyun asked. “What time is it?”.

“Two,” Hyunwoo said shortly, softly, automatically next to his ear.

And that made Kihyun lifted his shoulder up and chuckled.

“Ah, mian,” Hyunwoo said and Kihyun could hear a smile on that voice jumpy with chuckles. 

“It’s late, you should sleep,” Kihyun said with a smile.

“I will,” Hyunwoo said again, calmly.

“The kids are sleeping?” Kihyun asked and Hyunwoo nodded.

“Yeah,” he answered calmly.

‘’Are you a loyal leader or is this save to be assumed as a quality time between mom and dad?” Kihyun said, jokingly, full of giggles.

“Both,” Hyunwoo said shamelessly. “Both,” Hyunwoo said again, this time, with chuckles in the end of the words.

“Darling,” Kihyun called. “Ppfffttt” he held his laughter but laughing anyway.

“Yea— what is it, the word you often  use— oh—“. “Yea, baby?” Hyunwoo had to hold the bridge of his nose and shut his eyes tight because of the crazy amount of cringe. And Kihyun just needed to stop doing anything and laughed his off. 

“Darling, where is the monthly payments? You said you got promotion, right?” Kihyun asked.

“It’s all done transferred to your number, Baby,” Hyunwoo said calmly.

“All? Seriosuly?” Kihyun asked because he was surprised for real. “Say something makes sense, please, hyung,” Kihyun chuckled.

Darling,” Hyunwoo reminded him.

“Ah, darling,” Kihyun repeated the call.

“Well, what can I do? You’ve married a devoted husband,” Hyunwoo said with a stupid cocky smile.

“Oh my God, pppfftttttt” Kihyun said in cheesy English as he laughed again. 

Hyunwoo laughed along at the craziness he just said and Kihyun can feel a wide palm ruffled the hair on the back of his head. 

“Kihyun-ah,” Hyunwoo called calmly as the hand came back to the waist and Hyunwoo started to rock them gently right and left.

“Yea, hyung?” Kihyun answered, laughed at the gentle rocking Hyunwoo initiated.

“Tommorrow we have some free time,” Hyunwoo said. “Should we eat something out?”.

“Umm…”.

“It’s on me,” Hyunwoo said calmly sill rocking them gently.

“Really? Why? Why? Why, hyung?” Kihyun asked.

“Really,” Hyunwoo said calmly. “You lost a lot of weight for this comeback,” Hyunwoo said as he patted Kihyun’s stomach just gently. 

“I’m fine though, hyung,” Kihyun said softly.

“I know. It’s Yoo Kihyun, of course you can handle anything in this world,”  Hyunwoo said calmly. “It’s just I want to,”. “Because I’m a devoted husband, right?”.

Ahjjushi,” Kihyun warned him giggly, while he laughed it off. “Alright, let’s do it,” he said. “Thank you, hyung,” Kihyun said softly while smiling as he turned his head to Hyunwoo.

And that was when he found Hyunwoo index finger right on his dimple.

Of course, that was kind of amusing, so Kihyun laughed more and the dimples became so much more obvious and deep. 

“I touched it,” Hyunwoo said as if it was a victory. 

“What are you doing, hyung,” Kihyun just laughed again. 

“I touched it. Your dimple,” Hyunwoo said the obvious innocently and happily with that low and giggly voice. 

Kihyun shut his eyes and sighed because Hyunwoo was kind of cute.

Then there was a comfortable silence as Kihyun washed two of Minhyuk mugs and Jooheon’s bowl that was left. This time, Hyunwoo let Kihyun go and he stood next to him, watching Kihyun’s busy hands and then Kihyun’s focused face that has a pout on it.

Hyunwoo just smiled. 

“Thank you, Kihyun-ah,” Hyunwoo said calmly.

“Um? Sure” Kihyun answered and Hyunwoo started to massage his shoulder.

It felt like those palms were crushing him though. And Kihyun whined and cried and laughed like the last time he did on the come back show when they had a thighs fight. Which made Hyunwoo laughed in amusement because it was always interesting when Kihyun made noises like that. It was cute and just entertaining. And of course it can only done by Kihyun’s voice. 

“Touched it again,” Hyunwoo laughed as he touched Kihyun’s dimple gently with his index finger again.

Kihyun just laughed as he finished everything. 

“Ok, let’s go to sleep, darling,” Kihyun said it just flatly as he walked out of the kitchen. And Hyunwoo just giggled while following him. 

“Stop it, stop it already,” Hyunwoo chuckled, flashed Kihyun those happy crescent eyes.

“Ok, darling,” Kihyun said, left Hyunwoo with another amusement as he walked into their different bed room. 

“Good night, my baby,” Hyunwoo replied just right at the last step Kihyun took before he entered the room and then he quickly run away to his bedroom.

It electrified Kihyun and he can’t help it but to cover his ears with his palm as he shook his head, run to his bed, holding in his laughter. 

Kihyun shoved his face onto his pillow. Amused, still felt the after effect of the heavy cringe, but a little bit annoyed because it felt like he had lost the battle.

Ahjjushi”.

At some point, after a while, Kihyun murmured on his pillow, protesting tone, smiling curvy lips.

 

 

***

End