1/2

Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sort of prologue before the actual chapter which is going up later tonight 

 

New house, new beginning. 

 

Donghae smiles looking up at the house, hands on his hips as he takes it all in.

 

Fall has just rolled in so there’s a crisp chill to the breeze causing his skin to raise up in goosebumps. But Donghae couldn’t care less.

 

He’s too excited.

 

Sure the house is rickety and old and has a broken boiler and some missing floorboards and possibly a faulty roof, but it’s his and he couldn’t be any happier that he’s finally got something to name his own.

 

That is, until he tries to dig up the ugly statue sitting in the back yard and ends up shoveling into an unmarked grave.

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Donghae mutters to himself as he plants the shovel into the ground, looking down the little hole he’d dug up. Inside, Donghae can see the edge of a light brown, wooden box. There’s no doubt about it; that’s most definitely a coffin.

 

Talk about raining on his parade.

 

Donghae sighs, knowing he’ll have to call the cops, or maybe a funeral parlor, possibly the cemetery. No matter who he ends up calling, though, money is going to be involved.

 

But there is no money.

 

Donghae’s living paycheck-to-paycheck, so he’s not exactly in the position to pay someone to dig up the coffin and ship it off somewhere.

 

…Maybe he could do it himself.

 

Donghae laughs at the thought before he realizes it might not be a bad idea. 

 

It made absolutely no sense from a sane point of view, but from a financial point of view, it made all the sense in the world. And who are we kidding? Donghae’s always been a little more financially conscious than he is sane, so he decides to dig up the coffin himself. He doesn’t know what he’ll do after that, but he’s taking it one step at a time.

 

He's got this.

 

Determination gets Donghae far. The coffin is exposed in abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter