Cold

BAP Short Stories- Youngjae Centric

A little known fact about Yoo Youngjae is that he is always cold. It’s something that runs in his family, but it seems to affect him more than anyone else. It’s to the point that he’s cool to the touch even during the hottest days of the year. It’s one of the main reasons that he wears those large sweaters all of the times. These sweaters can only do so much though, and this is where s come in handy.

 

 

If Youngjae were to be completely honest, Junhong is probably the least helpful for warming him up. Sure, the kid tried to help, but he was nearly as cold as Youngjae most of the time. Not like it affects him like it does Youngjae. The maknae seems to be impervious to the cold. Even still, he tries to help. Whenever he sees that Youngjae’s cold, he cuddles with him, though he doesn’t like to do it in front of others.

 

Then again, Yongguk is probably just as useless as Junhong. In the early years, Yongguk never knew what to do when Youngjae was cold. He wanted to help but didn’t know how. After a while though, he got into the habit of taking off whatever sweater or jacket he had on and draping it over the younger’s shoulders.

 

Himchan tries to be prepared for everything. Being the second eldest, he feels like he has to take care of everyone. Knowing that Yongguk will give away his jacket to Youngjae, Himchan tries to bring an extra sweater with them everywhere they go. He has the managers keep it with them so that it’s always available for Youngjae. When they’re back at the dorms, Himchan keeps a blanket in every room. He also has an electric blanket in Youngjae’s room so that he won’t be cold when he’s sleeping.

 

Now, Daehyun doesn’t like to show it, but he is always deeply concerned whenever he sees that Youngjae is cold. He normally wouldn’t be nervous if it was anyone else, but seeing Youngjae shiver brings back bad memories. The first time he ever saw the younger get sick, he was freezing cold to the touch and was extremely ill. He was so scared for the younger that he was already so attached to, that he promised to take care of him from then on. He read a while ago that sharing body heat is the best way to warm up, so he tries to get close to Youngjae any way possible.

 

The most helpful though is probably Jongup. He’s not very outward with his affection but he notices the little things. He knows how that it’s Youngjae’s hands that are always the coldest. He has become a master in making tea and hot chocolate, knowing that the mug would warm up his hyungs hands while the drink warmed him from the inside. Or, whenever that’s not available, he’ll silently slip Youngjae’s hands into his pockets or hold them in his own.

 

To Youngjae though, it doesn’t matter how they help him. All that matters to him is that they care.

 

 

 

So this was just a small update that I wrote today to clear my head.  I'd appreciate any prompts you want to leave.