Already gone: Hasta la Raiz

Already Gone: a BaekXing One-Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I think it’s kind of ed up that you are breaking up with me through a song. If you are a man, come and say it in my face.

Sent.
 

Baekhyun slams his hands on the table and stands up. He swears he is not going to cry. He is not going to cry. He is not going to cry. And he is ing crying, as his body starts to tremble and wonders where did they go wrong.

His lungs and heart shrink and he is feeling dizzy. It is hard to breathe when your vital organs are being squeezed.
his phone vibrates and it startles him. Yixing is calling. He picks up.
“Baekhyun-” he says.
“Come and say it in my face,” he says, tears rolling down his cheek. “come and say it in my face.”
Yixing is not responding, but Baekhyun can hear him sob. His heart breaks.
“are you giving up on me?” Yixing sobs harder.
“No… but I can’t do this anymore.”  
“Bull, then come and say it in my face.” Baek repeats.
“oh my God, Baekhyun. What do you want from me?”
“I want you to look at me in the eyes and tell me that you don’t care about us anymore. That you don’t, that you don’t-“ he hiccups “that you don’t love me anymore.”
“I DO!” he screams. “ I DO! Did you even listen to the song?  I can’t endure this anymore. This, this that we have.. you are not there for me, I am not there for you. We are clingy and insecure of each other all the time because of the distance. It is better to break up now.”
“Drag your over here and tell me that in my face.”
“you know that is impossible for me to go to Korea right now.”
“No. You don’t come because you don’t want to.”
“. YOU BAEKHYUN”
“ YOU! YIXING!! I SHOULD BE THE ONE BREAKING UP WITH YOU. I should- I should be the one letting you go because all you do is hurt me! You love me enough to let me go? What kind of BULL is that!? See how I am right!? You don’t come anymore to see me. To see US.
“LEAVE THE MEMBERS OUT OF THIS”
“no. it is not just me. It’s all of us. All you do is promise and promise and ing promise you will come back and you never do! I am the one waiting! I am the one far away from you! I am the one wishing you were here and-“
“AND WHEN HAVE YOU COME VISIT  ME!? WHEN? ALL YOU DO IS REMIND ME HOW I DON’T GO OVER THERE, HOW I AM NOT WITH YOU ALL BUT HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU ALL COME OVER? To at least see me!!” his voice breaks. “I try to travel as much as I can even if that means that I don’t get to sleep just to go see you but sometimes you are not even there.” Baek regrets mentioning the members because now he is scared.
“ Are you leaving EXO too!?” his heart stops and his face becomes paler than usual.

No. no. No. no. please no.
“wow. Are you doubting me on that too?”
“I don’t know Yixing… should I?” He can hear the exasperation and incredulous expression on his face.
“wow. What if I do? will that make a difference for you all? You seem to be doing fine without me. I am the only one fighting with the company to not up the schedules, but it seems like that’s the purpose.”

“ you Yixing. You don’t know how much Suho fought-!”
“you are right! I DON’T KNOW! I DON’T KNOW! Because you all stopped communicating with me to see if I am alright! To see if I am ok. Why DO I HAVE TO BE THE ONE REACHING OUT ALL THE TIME? THE ONE TRAVELING BACK? WHEN WILL YOU? YOU ALL HAVE YOUR FAMILIES THERE, YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR HOMES OVER THERE AND I-”
“I THOUGHT I WAS YOUR HOME!” he screams.
“AND WHAT AM I TO YOU BAEKHYUN?” Yixing sobs. “what am I?” Baek stays silent.
“come and find out.” He finally says. Yixing laughs dryly.
“what am I to you Baekhyun?”
“you are the one breaking up with me. What was I to you?” Baek answer back.
“You are not listening. You are not understanding anything.”
“then come and make me Yixing.” His voice is four tones down and is breaking. “just come back and say it in my face, because I wont let you break up with me through the phone did you hear me?” Yixing cries too.
“No. see how you are not listening again? I’m tired of trying. You come here and-” Baek trembles.
“Will you leave Exo too?” his voice is an audible whisper, and because he is facing the wall, he doesn’t notice when Sehun enters the dorm. All he hears is the bag dropping on the floor, he turns around and sees him with his mouth hanging open. He mouths “is that Yixing hyung?”
Baek nods. Sehun shakes his head and runs towards him.
“come here and tell me-” He doesn’t hear Yixing.
“Wait, wait Sehun-!” Sehun takes the phone away from his hands and rushes
“hyung- Hyung no.” Sehun says, holding his chest. “what, what is wrong?”

Baekhyun is lost at words. He didn’t know it would scale this bad. Memories are rushing through his head, and he wants to cry harder. If it turns out that Yixing is not only leaving him but leaving EXO too he doesn’t think he would be able to continue with his career. Sehun shakes his head.
“No hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter