Fight Me

"Fight Me"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~A/N:  For ChimMochi

 

Jimin really didn’t like hospitals and avoided them with a passion, maybe that was why he was now stuck in one. Jimin was running a high fever and felt terrible. He kept coughing and each time this weird icky stuff would come out of his mouth, as such he made sure to keep the tissues close by. What more then the icky stuff coming out of his mouth was the fact that it freaking hurt to breathe much less cough. Honestly, Jimin was feeling so horrible, he would probably give anything to not be in this situation anymore. Thankfully though, his pain meds were starting to kick in and the pain was lessening.

Pneumonia is what the doctor had called it. She’d also claimed he had a very bad strain of it and that it would take quite a few doses of antibiotics to cure it. As such Jimin was stuck in the hospital, lying in bed, and being miserable. Well at least he wasn’t hooked up to any machines, Jimin thought to himself. He groaned as someone knocked on his door before opening it and coming in. Jimin peeked out from under the blanket to see his best friend, Taehyung, come into the room with a gift bag in hand.

“Hey there Jiminie heard you got sent to the hospital from work” Taehyung chirped in a light tone but Jimin could see the worry on the other’s face.

“I’m alright Taetae, the doctor’s checked on me and said I just had pneumonia,” Jimin answered removing the blankets from his face to give a reassuring smile to Taehyung. Taehyung just pressed his lips together and nodded.

“Well, you did say you were feeling bad all week, and you’ve been avoiding going to the doctors for so long so I guess that’s why you’re stuck here now.” Taehyung teased pinching Jimin’s left cheek playfully. Jimin just whined and swatted his hand away.

“Don’t tease...I’m sick.” Jimin pouted and then eyed the bag in the younger’s hand and asked, “What’s in there?”

“Oh! Treats and get well presents from all our coworkers and friends!” Taehyung replied as he opened the bag to let Jimin have a peek inside.

“Ohhh are those Pepero?” Jimin questioned reaching inside the bag to pull out a box.

“Yep, that’s from by boyfriend and me since we know you love those. We got you a whole bunch of them”

“Aww, you two are so sweet. Thank Hoseok for me!”

“Will do! But put those back! I know you’re not supposed to be eating any solids right now!” Taehyung said snatching back the box of Pepero from Jimin and placing it back in the bag. Then Taehyung set the bag aside and away from Jimin’s reach. Jimin made faces at Taehyung to show his contempt for being denied the snack but Taehyung just chuckled at him.

The younger stayed for a bit just talking to Jimin to keep the elder entertained. Taehyung’s playful mood eventually caused Jimin to become playful too despite how sick he was. He suddenly decided he wanted to make a pillow fort as he was fluffing his pillow. So Taehyung, being the greatest friend in the whole wide world, managed to convince one of the nurses to grab a bunch of extra pillows for Jimin. Together they built a fort on the bed for Jimin to hide under.

“Thanks, Tae, you’re the best!” Jimin chirped as he looked at his pillow fort which turned out nicely. Taehyung laughed and patted Jimin’s head saying “Anytime Jiminie.” After that, Taehyung reluctantly left as he had a meeting to attend and couldn’t miss it. Jimin waved goodbye to him and then proceeded to destroy his pillow fort and build it again on his own since he had nothing better to do. The once great pillow fort was now just a mountain of pillows.

“I shouldn’t have taken it apart in the first place,” Jimin said to himself pouting at the pillows. There was a knock on his door and Jimin wondered if maybe Taehyung was back, though that was unlikely seeing as it hadn’t even been thirty minutes since he’d left, and meetings tended to last much longer than that.

The door opened to reveal a rather young looking nurse who was tall, had fluffy black hair, chiseled chin, nice cheekbones, and a bunny smile. And if Jimin wasn’t sick or at the hospital, he would have probably hit on the nurse. The nurse entered the room with a cart full of different medical equipment. Upon seeing the cart, Jimin dived under all his pillows and stayed put as he waited for the nurse to come to a stop and speak.

“Hello, I’m Jungkook, I’m going to be your nurse for the rest of your stay here, and right now it’s time to take your vitals. So if you could please come out from there, I’d greatly appreciate it” Jungkook introduced himself and what he was there for. Jimin made no sound from beneath his mountain of pillows.

“Jimin-shi? Please come out, I need to take your vitals.” The young nurse tried again. This time Jimin let out a muffled reply of “Fight me!”

Jimin heard the other let out a small chuckle before the pillows were being removed from over him and he soon came face to face with his nurse who smiled sweetly at him.

“Maybe later,” Jungkook answered as he helped Jimin sit up. He then grabbed the blood pressure cuff and gently applied it to Jimin’s arm to take the reading.

“So Jimin-shi how did you end up with pneumonia?” Jungkook asked.

“I don’t know...it started as just a cough and so took cough medicine. But the medicine didn’t work, but I didn’t go to the doctor cause I hate hospitals, and so it built up I guess and now I’m here.” Jimin replied with a sigh.

“I see, what do you have against hospitals though?” Jungkook asked curiously eyeing Jimin.

“Nothing really...I mean they help the sick so that’s a good thing...but I just don’t like them. Maybe it’s something about how everything smells like disinfectant?” Jimin mused with a small frown.

“Oh, but it’s necessary to keep viruses from spreading from patient to patient.”

“I know, I’m not saying it’s bad. I just don’t like it.”

“Fair enough. So how long has it been since you had a proper checkup?” Jungkook continued as he pulled out a small needle to get a blood sample from Jimin. Jimin tensed up because he didn’t like needles. Jungkook noticed and smiled reassuringly.

“Relax, I’m a trained professional and I’ve been doing this for years. It won’t take me more than one try to find a vein. Promise.” Jungkook said.

“Promise?” Jimin asked again wanting to make sure.

“Promise.” Jungkook nodded.

“Ok...but you’ll have to fight me to try again if you fail this time.” Jimin declared holding his arm out. Jungkook let out a small laugh and nodded before feeling along Jimin’s toned arm. Once he found what he was looking for he looked into Jimin’s eyes a silent question and Jimin nodded while biting his lip.

“Relax Jimin-shi, I promise the pain will only last a second,” Jungkook said and once he felt Jimin relax a bit he stuck the small needle into his arm. Jimin let out a small yelp but otherwise didn’t do much else. Jungkook quickly took the blood sample and removed the needle and applied a bandaid.

“Good job, see it wasn’t to bad right?” Jungkook asked smiling brightly as he brought out a thermometer to get Jimin’s temperature.

“It wasn’t...but I still hate needles,” Jimin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter