Whose Happiness?

Only Good Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 6 - Whose Happiness?

 

 

“If by 30 Yunho still isn’t married yet, I’ll marry him with Jaejoong then.” – Yunho’s mom

 

 

 

Yunho had some schedule of shooting near his hometown in Gwangju. It’s a good coincidence that JYJ was also doing some interview in a nearby town, more or less an hour away. He promised to meet Jaejoong there, but first he had to visit his parents.

On the way to his parents’ house, he bought oranges and pears as gift. He hasn’t seen his parents for around a year, and today was the perfect opportunity to drop by and see how’s everyone doing.

When he arrived, his mother greeted him happily and gave him a warm hug. She missed him so much, and her eyes were b with tears as her heart was with pride and joy.

Yunho’s father greeted him with a smile and hugged him. This was the child he forbid to become a dancer. Now he’s become a huge celebrity who has gone through a lot of struggles and achievements. To him, Yunho had become a formidable man, and he would always be proud of him.

They sat around the table with lunch ready, and talked about the series Yunho is working on. TVXQ also has a new album set to release in September. His parents were truly supportive and would watch his shows and buy his cds. Then Jaejoong came into the topic.

“You said you're meeting Jaejoong?” Yunho’s mother asked.

Yunho was putting rice in his mouth with chopsticks when he answered, “Yes. I’ll meet him later.” He said comfortably.

“Hmmm,” His mother began to contemplate while eating.

“He’s really persistent, huh?” His father laughed at the thought.

Yunho smiled at that comment. It was one of the things he liked about the guy. “They have an interview nearby. They’re going on a tour in Asia soon, and Jaejoongie’s even shooting for a series.” Yunho said, proud that JYJ had a lot of ongoing activities.

“That’s good. They have a huge project. SM’s finally getting lax on them, ah?” His father said to which Yunho just nodded.

“He still likes you?” His mother commented. “Remember whenever all you and your members were together, he would follow you around all the time? He had that look of love in his eyes. That boy is so obvious. And you had this crowd of young girls screaming ‘YunJae! YunJae!’ Haha.”

Yunho chuckled and got red in the cheeks a bit, that he didn’t anticipate what his mother said next.

“Don’t you think it’s time to find a girlfriend, Yunho-yah?”

It caught Yunho off guard and he paused eating. “What are you saying, umma?”

“You haven’t introduced me to anyone recently. You know you’re not that young anymore? Your dad and I were younger than you when we married. You’re going to military soon. You should get a girlfriend before that.”

Yunho’s father was just nodding while eating.

Yunho was perplexed and just looked at his mother.

“If you keep sticking with that boy, all the girls would flock away like before.” His mother glanced at him. “Here I thought that him breaking the group would stop you from dilly-dallying with him. I guess not. If I see another picture of you two holding hands, Aish… Distasteful. Stop seeing that boy, alright?”

The mere mention of the breakup would give Yunho tremendous distress, and now she wants him to cut ties with Jaejoong after what they’ve went through? Yunho was in disbelief and there was a sharp pain in his chest. He lost his appetite while trying to make sense of what his mother said.

He remembered that his mother hadn’t approved of Jaejoong from the start. Back in 2008 or 2009, Jaejoong and him seemed like a couple and his mother got so angry that she lectured both of them. Thinking of how the sensitive Jaejoong was showered with harsh words back t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter